User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mike
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    I went to go get my free Gillette Fusion from Zellers all prepared for a rude cashier, knowing what to say when they were going to make me pay tax. Unfortunately, she said I can't do it because the coupons were worth more than the price. I tried telling her that her store would be making the extra money, but she didn't want to hear it. What do I say in this situation?
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Myguppy
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

ugh. Frusterating.
    I'll tell them to ring it in for the price that it is then, and they'll get paid to sell it to me. If the cashier refuses, I tell them to call a manager. I refuse to back down [because, as long as the razor is the purchase, NOT the shaving cream with the razor as a bonus, YOU are in the right, so DONT back down!] and eventually i'll get my way. I quiver like jelly inside, lol, but eventually if you keep stating the facts they'll give it to you.
    Heck, if the manager refuses, ask them to call head office, or talk to the store manager. Whatever gets your coupon used properly.

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

you could try a different cashier as well

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm starting to take a second to walk past all the cashiers and see whoever looks the friendliest. In my experience...go for a young male cashier whenever possible. Horrible though I feel saying this about my gender, women tend to be waaaay pickier about things like this. For instance, yesterday at Walmart I used a 3 for $10 Olay coupon for 2 trial size lotions and the facial wipes. The young guy cashier just rang it through and didn't think twice about it. Today at SDM I bought two body washes and a trial size lotion and the middle aged woman kept me sitting there for ten minutes while she and her manager scrutinized the coupon.

If that's not possible, and they get really picky sometimes I'll just ask them to ring it in for the purchase price (even if tax is supposed to be included) to get it over with.

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe101 View Post
    I'm starting to take a second to walk past all the cashiers and see whoever looks the friendliest. In my experience...go for a young male cashier whenever possible. Horrible though I feel saying this about my gender, women tend to be waaaay pickier about things like this. For instance, yesterday at Walmart I used a 3 for $10 Olay coupon for 2 trial size lotions and the facial wipes. The young guy cashier just rang it through and didn't think twice about it. Today at SDM I bought two body washes and a trial size lotion and the middle aged woman kept me sitting there for ten minutes while she and her manager scrutinized the coupon.

If that's not possible, and they get really picky sometimes I'll just ask them to ring it in for the purchase price (even if tax is supposed to be included) to get it over with.
    Come to think of it...your right..I m gonna keep that in mind lol
    Want free giftcards? Use Swagbucks Like Google and Earn Gift cards!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SaiyenBlood

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It really is frustrating using coupons sometimes.
    I wish they somehow standardized them.. to avoid all the complications that seem to occur so often.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

LOL - I tend to go the guys too. They aren't as picky, you're right!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

trust me i think to get read of those rude cashier we should make a sc group in certain area and should go to gather to use cupon's what do u think?because some internate cupon i am afraid to use the way they scared me!
    Last edited by pari; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2008 at 11:03 PM.

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I always try to go to a guy too ... but i once said to a cashier at zellers to adjust the coupon to the sale price and she said she couldn't .... stupid ... they just don't want you getting a wicked deal

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pari View Post
    trust me i think to get read of those rude cashier we should make a sc group in certain area and should go to gather to use cupon's what do u think?because some internate cupon i am afraid to use the way they scared me!
    yeah ... a support group for us smart canuckers ... lol .. that would be great .. or a meeting group .. then we can all go out and have a group haul .. i have to admit i know don't even care what the cashiers think of me ... or the lineup behind me ... they can hand over good dollars .. i'm not!

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Girls are picky I guess I had this girl in SDM won't take the coupon due to price are higher than product and also she kept pointing at the per purchase part as I have more than one. The guy next to her told her she could ring through, she is not listening and called the manager, and manager said I can't pay you to shop here, so nope, not possible. Even ask for adjust the price of the coupon, they said they will have accounting issue. Basically when the coupon is higher price than the product, it is harder to use it. You would think it is great we could get the free product, but it end up you can't use it

Quote Originally Posted by cheryls View Post
    I always try to go to a guy too ... but i once said to a cashier at zellers to adjust the coupon to the sale price and she said she couldn't .... stupid ... they just don't want you getting a wicked deal

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    148 (100%)

In the one walmart I went to the lady couldn"t believe the coupon for the razor saying she just spent over $35 for her husband so I told her about save.ca and sc .So now when i go I look for her as I never have a problem and she works mostly days.Kinda got to know her so that helped.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Most retail outlets see that their cashiers are trained in loss prevention. Some are better than others...hence the tendency to seem picky.

Women do tend to focus on the fine points where men are less prone to that scrutiny...generalizing of course.

Also, with the Christmas rush upon us, most retail stores bring in part-time "holiday season only" staff who are not trained to the same level as their permanent staff would be (differences in how they react to coupons).

Finally, in my opinion, cashiers are paid way too little to police coupons.

(I try to optimize my chances of having no troubles at the cash by reviewing who is staffing the cash registers and judging which to attend by their smiles.)

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I find it always helps to go to men when you are pad and tampon shopping with printable coupons because the young ones don't want to handle the product to long or cause a scene with your big bag of pads. HEHE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have `same problem at walmert cashier did not allow.and the next time i did not use coupons,i did not order coupons.beacuse you know guys cashier some time take soo much time then she call manger all is waste of time.
    my husnad said me coupons is waste of time ,it take olu tension hhahahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information