• 1 Post By oscarandme
  • 2 Post By CanadianCouponCollector
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By natynat
  • 1 Post By Stretchthatdollar!

Thread: It pays to complain!!!!!! :)

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

First if I would like to say I DO NOT beleive in false complaints!!!!! Secondly DO NOT copy my complaint and expect to get something out of it!!!

Now on to the good stuff...

So sitting here watching TV last night the kids and I decided to whip out a box of dunkaroos (ok, once and a while hubby and I like the kids snacks too!) anyways, Opened a fresh box to find every single one of the icing cups in that box looked like they were all seperated. Kinda like an oily substance on top of the chocolate. it was really nasty! All 6 of them!!!!! So I went and looked at the other box I bought and same thing, plus the icing cups werent even half full! Looked like the machine conked out in the middle of filling this batch. So the SCer in me figured to heck with this off to the computer I go!! I wrote a nice lengthy note about the problem as well as the fact that these are a snack that I have been feeding my kids practically their whole lives. MY kids are 15 and 5 so that tells you how long Ive been buying this product! Anyways this morning a got a reply from them already being VERY apologetic and saying they will be sending me out replacement coupons as well as coupons for future purchases!!!

Great work Betty Crocker You definately know how to fix your mistakes and keep customers happy!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Hear hear!! I too only make a legitimate complaint only hoping that the situation will be rectified, not nessisarily getting "something for free". However, if the company chooses to replace my product, I am fine with that.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy to hear a serious concern answered promptly by a company!
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Hear hear!! I too only make a legitimate complaint only hoping that the situation will be rectified, not nessisarily getting "something for free". However, if the company chooses to replace my product, I am fine with that.
    I agree with you. And I think companies should know about legit complaints about there product good and bad. I did it once - bought Friskies Salmon can food - opened it - all four cats put there nose to it and wouldn't eat it. Opened another can and they all ate it. Saved the can and made a complaint and I was willing to send it back. I have feeding my cats Friskies for 13 years. They sent me a coupon for 6 free cans and a personal note .
    I knew someone at home in NS that would complain to the tobacco people saying they bought a can of whatever and it was dry and tasted funny. They would get two or three free cans. He would do this all the time. I thought it was wrong and finally one company caught on and said you must mail it back to us.
    scbpooh, walkonby and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Good job scbpoob. l agree you should make a complaint but only legit ones work so that is why they are sending you coupons PS l also like the kiddie snack when the grandkids are here also
    scbpooh and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

General Mills is great for replacing products with legit complaints!

Once we found a worm in our bag of frozen green peas, it was absolutely disgusting AND it was after we had eaten half the bag. Gross!

We also have had problems with DH's french dressings tasting bad not even 2 weeks after being opened in the fridge.

Each time they were great about replacing the product.
    scbpooh, oscarandme and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I opened a package of Gerber graduates and it looked totally disgusting, but I wasn't sure if it was actually supposed to look that way or not!

When I have an issue I try to take a photo and email the URL to the company. Last complaint I had, a sleeve of saltine crackers had molded. It was strange! The replacement coupon I received was for a lesser value product, but I was still satisfied. Mostly concerned about other packages on store shelves though so I always make sure my issues are recorded. If one box is messed up I figure its not just the one.

The most disappointing co. I've dealt with in the past was coca cola. I'm a loyal purchaser of their products, but replacement coupons, even if had spent a significant amount on the dissatisfying product...were quite stingy. Of course, I only take the time to email over legitimate concerns and provide as much detail as possible in my correspondence. I also try to keep it professional.

The BEST company I remember was from back in my childhood. My mom bought a bag of Utz chips that were all greasy and crumbled in the bottom of the bag. Utz sent two fpc good on ANY product. We ended up getting 2 48 pack boxes of mini bags of chips for school lunches. Lemme tell ya, the variety....I was in kid heaven! It was all good until I shared most of them with the neighborhood kids and mom got mad! Lol :-D

I actually remember my mom scoping out the different grocery stores to see where she would get the best value for her fpc! She taught me well!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Thu, Aug 1st, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It is very nice of companies to make good for the errors. I have had to send a few complaints, but also like to send lots of compliments as well. When I buy a new product and especially like it, I like to let the companies know. I always have my address in my signature, and many times I have received surprise coupons in the mail.
    scbpooh and oscarandme like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never had this issue with grocery stores, but fast food resteraunts!! my gosh! how many meals I got for free because they not only screwed up the order a bit..... but completed messed it up completely! lol I will come home and eat it, maybe not be as satisfied as what I should have been, but then again I get my meal again "right" the next time. (the burger king in my area screws up constantly with my orders, but a burger is a burger... and I know they will take care of it in the end so unfortunatly they're mistake is getting me some free lunches lately lol) I never use it as a "free meal" and hope they get it wrong. but in all honestly...when you cant get a "#6 with iced tea" correct....thats not my fault lol

Trading Score
    97 (100%)

Glad you are getting replacement products from General Mills. I agree completely with you, that people should only make legitimate complaints.
    scbpooh and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh yuk,,,especially when it comes to little ones foods.

No one should write complaints without having validity. I did not see your letter but clearly your sincerety and concern came through and they believed you. Good for you for taking action and speaking up. Thank you for sharing scbpooh.
    scbpooh likes this.

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... Sometimes it does! When I write an actual complaint/concern, I also make sure I use my personal email as opposed to the one titled "coupon collector". lol I do not want them thinking I'm doing it for coupons- I'm doing it because after couponing, I've really come to know what products I love and don[t want to see change. I think companies are aware of "fraudulent complaints" and really do try to keep sincere customers like us happy.
    scbpooh and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

that was the right way for them to handle your complaint scbpooh, and boo to anyone making fraudulent complainants.
    scbpooh likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

That sounds gross. I'm happy that they were able to take this matter seriously. I've made a legit complaint before and received a coupon for a full product that costs over $50. It's worth to complain--you are completely right. It's just sad that some people make a business out of it.
    scbpooh likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I totally believe in speaking up both for the good and bad- and I have received coupons from both compliments and complaints. For us ppl who often buy the newest line of products due to coupons it's good to speak up and have your say and especially when your food is messed up like that! Gross! Lol
    scbpooh likes this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Thread Information