User Tag List

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

London Drugs has a Philips electric shaver on sale for $179.99. There is a coupon in store that says:

Save $20 on the purchase of select Philips Shaver when you bring in your old electric shaver.

No where on the coupon even in the fine print does it say that it has to be another Philips shaver.

Do you think I could bring in any electric shaver? Would you press the issue if they refused?

I reeeeally want to get it cause I also have a $20.00 off from Smart Source and I would be able to stack.

Could I just take it to Zellers and price match?

What do you think?

UPDATE:

I just got back from LD and used both coupons and my dad's old braun shaver without any problems! I got the Artic shaver Reg $269.99 on sale for $199.99 plus 2X $20 coupons off .
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Smart Source, Zellers
    Last edited by harbie; Tue, Dec 23rd, 2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Upadating info

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

I wouldn't really worry about it until you go to London Drugs and try it. Is there some reason you think they will only take Phillips shavers? They will probably take any shaver as they want you to use theirs.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

the guy that gve me the coupon said something about it having to be a Philips shaver but I was walking away so I wasn't too sure. I guess I just want to know if I should push the point or just walk out? I want to make sure I don't look silly.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    London Drugs has a Philips electric shaver on sale for $179.99. There is a coupon in store that says:

Save $20 on the purchase of select Philips Shaver when you bring in your old electric shaver.

What do you think?

Zellers has all their electric shaver/razors on sale Saturday December 20th only for 1/2 price. You might get an even better deal there!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

It couldn't hurt to take it in and ask and point out the discrepancy politely.

Myguppy
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I understand the ad to be encouraging others to bring in ANY electric razor... they're encouraging you to switch to phillips, so I don't see why it'd have to be a phillips to begin with.
    As another poster said, check out the Zellers sale first.. it may be even cheaper [and you can donate your old razor!]

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I would interpret it as any shaver as well. If it is a typo on their behalf, it isn't really your fault, right? Good luck!
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I interpret that to mean any electric shaver...I agree with what one poster said that they would probably be happy to get an eletric shaver from another company since it means they got you to switch brands.

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would say it means bring in whatever you have....they want you to buy their shaver so I am sure that they are not going to turn you away from buying their product if you bring ina different brand! Future Shop does this once in while - bring in your old tv and get $100 off. The tv does not even have to work! Worth a try if you think it is a good deal!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I missed the Zellers sale but am going to try LD and if they have a problem them I will got to Zellers to see if they will price match. It is a great price since it is normally $239.99 down to $179.99 with the $20.00 rebate PLUS I have a $20.00 coupon from Smart Source!

Now if the snow would just stop falling I would head out and get it!

Thread Information