User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Does anyone have word yet on SDM GC bonus points?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Hi there,
    Does anyone have early news on the SDM bonus pointswyb GC event? I believe it was early November last year and possibly the year previous. Looking for details if available.
    Thanks!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't have the answer but I know last year's gift card event was from Nov. 10 to 16th. Here's hoping it will be the same this year.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah, it's been sometime in November the last 3 years, im waiting for it too. Im actually on my last gift card from last year's promo, I was expecting to use them up much earlier but it hasn't been a good summer for lottery tickets, I just won't buy so many gift cards like last year.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm waiting for this one too---- I like to buy up a bunch of LCBO ones so I can buy my Christmas wines and SDM ones, obviously!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i can't remember the totals. is it spend 150 in gift cards u get 8000 pts? my memory is bad and i don't want to search.
    Valerey likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bonfire View Post
    i can't remember the totals. is it spend 150 in gift cards u get 8000 pts? my memory is bad and i don't want to search.
    Yes, that is correct

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i guess my memory isn't that bad after all!
    mydusty likes this.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Anxiously waiting for this promotion again as well.
    Valerey likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks everyone for sharing infirmation on the GC bonus. I didn't participate last year but knowing I can get LCBO GC at SDM I'm super excited for this event!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was curious to what all this GC promo was about so thanks for the clarification - sure hope sdm runs one again soon. In the past did it include any and all gift cards that they sell? This is exciting

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawacouponlady View Post
    I was curious to what all this GC promo was about so thanks for the clarification - sure hope sdm runs one again soon. In the past did it include any and all gift cards that they sell? This is exciting
    I believe it included all the GCs, but you get the base points with the SDM cards, so they wind up being worth a little more.

I don't think it includes the prepaid credit cards-- that seems to be the exception.
    Insane and ottawacouponlady like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luv2dv8 View Post
    I believe it included all the GCs, but you get the base points with the SDM cards, so they wind up being worth a little more.

I don't think it includes the prepaid credit cards-- that seems to be the exception.
    Nope. The prepaid credit cards (visa, mastercard) were included the last few years. But you do have to pay the activation fee.
    lecale likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last year I got a variety of: Petro Canada, Club Penguin membership, Home Depot, SDM, iTunes, Home Hardware, McDonalds, Playstation, Old Navy, Bon Apetit and Xbox. The Petro ones I bought for myself and most of the others I gave as Christmas gifts or used to purchase gifts. I love this promo! All of the cards listed in the Gift Card Mall on the SDM website are included.
    lecale likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Just be very careful to insist that the cashier scan your Optimum Card. I had a long battle last year when I bought $150 in GC along with a clearance score of some Life Brand swiffer-type sheets . I'd put my Optimum Card out for her to scan while I got my wallet. I didn't check until I picked up my bag and my card only to see she HADN'T scanned my card. Cashier said "Don't worry, you don't get points on gift cards anyway and your other stuff would have only been 200 points!" Can you believe it? She scanned the card with the transaction receipt after the fact so I got the 200 points easily enough but the GC bonus points were a headache that took three calls to resolve.

I'm still psyched up for this year's promo because GCs are great for both buying gifts and giving as gifts. I also pick up GCs for restaurants we'll be using over the holiday season, helping to manage our eating-out budget a little bit better while also getting points!

Check with your Shoppers about their policy when buying GCs - some will let you use a credit card to do that and others won't. There's nothing worse than planning on a credit card purchase and then being told you have to come up with the debit amount right then if you're kind of tapped out on that account!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good advice

i went last year and made the girl swipe the optimum card. she said a customer came in teh day before and purchased 3000 worth of gift cards and she didn't know about the promotion so she didn't swipe her card!
    ottawacouponlady likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information