User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: beauty experts i need you help about elf cosmetics

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

is there something good we shouldn't miss to buy at Elf cosmetics ?

i saw many products with some ingrédients i would never put on my sensitive skin so, i'm a little bit on the fence to buy something there

but, i know some of you know there products and can sure give me a help on this

thank you so much for any help one can give me

oups, asap please, to benefit from today FREE shipping offer
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

so....that means nothing worth shopping there ?
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like their Translucent Mattifying Powder and eyelash curler (the one that's $1).
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

say some products at Winners and Marshalls tonight
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Once I saw ELF in some store and, honestly, didn't like that. First I pay attention to the smell. If it's chemically strong, I stay away from that product. So ELF was (eyeshadow). Also it looked very cheap.

IMHO, it's better to buy German Essence from Shoppers Drug Mart. Much better, cheaper price (but not looks cheap) and doesn't cause allergies (at least, for me, and I'm very sensitive to cosmetics).

I like Sleek very much. I ordered I-Divine eyeshadow palette (it's from the UK but shipping was around $3, when I ordered, and no duty taxes) and so love that! Very pigmented, does not have any scent and does not cause any allergies at all.

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/au-nature...turel-i-divine

P.S. I wanted to buy Urban Decay before Sleek but the price always made me stay away. So then I found Sleek (from reviews from the interet). Almost the same colours, exactly the same quality and much more affordable price!
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, Nov 5th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

here are some ELF reviews. hope it helps
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sorry, i don't know why the link messed up, Doh!

but yes, that is what i was aiming for
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

thank you so much ladies, you've been very helpfull to me.

and i sadly found out on Paula's choice that some of the brands i trusted are being tested on animals .....just to name some.....Avene, La Roche Posay, Vichy...........and Dove that most women in my family use for generations
    but was also pleased to know Lise Watier and Marcelle are not.
    Last edited by Mia001; Wed, Nov 6th, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    thank you so much ladies, you've been very helpfull to me.

and i sadly found out on Paula's choice that some of the brands i trusted are being tested on animals .....just to name some.....Avene, La Roche Posay, Vichy...........and Dove that most women in my family use for generations
    but was also pleased to know Lise Watier and Marcelle are not.
    Loreal too tests on animals, as does Body shop (They branch off from Loreal.)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Body shop doesn't test on animals. They have this whole campaign on it.
    P&G does (unless they recently stopped) so covergirl and all those brands test on animals as well.

But anyways, ELF has some decent products. You must try their brushes, hands done best products they have and so cheap! I love their eyelash curler as well, works on these stubborn lashes. I've tried a few of their eyeshadows and they aren't shabby but you def. need a primer. Give a try to their lipsticks/glosses and blushes, they are only a dollar and quiet pigmented.

Pass on their primers, none of them ever worked for me personally.

Honestly they have such low prices, it doesn't hurt to try any of their products. Pay through paypal to get free shipping. I find that winners jacks up the prices where its still cheaper when you buy directly through ELF

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Such a nice information here i got.. if you are interested to find best beauty tips then you can visit shapefashiontips this site is very amazing.
    Last edited by salicam; Sat, Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Some of my absolute staple items are from ELF:

Essential Shine Eraser - only $1 for 50 sheets and work just as well as other drugstore/high end brands. I always stock up on these when they have sales
    Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara - again, only $1 and works amazing at taming and keeping my brows in place. I've tried the Essence one and the Maybelline Clear Mascara and I prefer this one
    Studio Eyeshadow "C" Brush - I use this everyday to apply eyeshadow to my lids. Excellent quality! I haven't had any issues with shedding or breaking. It costs more though at $3 but still worth it. Skip the $1 eyeshadow brush - I've bought multiple times thinking I just got a bad one the first time, but they all shed badly.
    Studio Angled Blush Brush - excellent for contouring
    Studio Small Angled Brush - I use this to do my brows using Anastasia brow powder
    Studio Blush - if you like a shimmer/satin finish with gorgeous colours, you can't go wrong trying these. My fave is the Mellow Mauve which is probably the most matte from the ones I've tried (I'm not into shimmer for blush)
    And finally, I have the Large Brush Holder. It's great quality for the price!

They often have 50% sales, so I tend to stock up during those times. And like xxRene mentioned, use Paypal to get free shipping to Canada
    pippinelkhound, anisa and Mia001 like this.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=ux6NkmzoOno%3D

bmc
    Female
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tarte Cosmetics and Too Faced are cruelty free (Ie: Not tested on Animals). The makeup is great and has great pigmentation but definitely more pricey than ELF.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Heads up, they were putting out elf gift sets at RCSS this morning. Huge eyeshadow pallettes, a nailpolish set that had oodles of colors, a smaller eye pallete, brush set etc. They were in black packaging. I know the brushes were the pro ones. I don,t remember all the prices, but they were tempting
    R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information