User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was very disciplined, i could have spent a fortune if I had been in the right frame of mind:

Futureshop:
    Door crasher - computer $199

Walmart:
    2 x Perfect 10 $10 each, $3 each after coupons (also had a free full size Pantene expressions shampoo attached to ach box)
    16 x scrubbing bubbles $3 each - free after coupon (I ended up making about 10 trips to and from my car to get these)
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop, Walmart

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Did you have to pay taxes with the scrubbing bubbles. Hope there is some left when I go tomorrow or the next day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki911 View Post
    Did you have to pay taxes with the scrubbing bubbles. Hope there is some left when I go tomorrow or the next day.
    Yes, I did have to pay tax. It isn't a FPC it is a $3 off, so I didn't think I would have a leg to stand on if I argued about the tax. Plus they gave me loads of hassle in Walmart anyway.

But it came to just over $10 for everything I bought in Walmart after tax, so I didn't think hat was bad ($6 + tax of that was hair dye).

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

awesome deals...i managed to get 6 of those scrubbing bubbles today!!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

What kind of computer?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    What kind of computer?
    Off the top of my head I can't tell you. I will grab the spec off my husband later and add it to this post.

I now refuse to pay a lot of money for computers as unless you spend a fortune on the extended warranty, they always break down.

We bought 2 good laptops (about $2000 each) 3 years ago and they were both stolen when someone broke into out house. We replaced my husbands with a desktop ($1600) and it started playing up 2 months outside of the warranty. Bought me a new all singing laptop, all the USB ports stopped working 4 months outside the warranty ($2000 for a computer and in 16 months it needs $700 worth of repairs as the problem is with the motherboard and not the settings etc). Bought the kids a computer - they are young, so a cheap and cheerful $300 plus tax one and it is still going strong!

We basically only use the computer for Word Processing, surfing the net and e-mail. So although our previous computers has all the bells and whistles, we never actually used any of the features we paid extra for. I finally came to my senses and spoke to my husband about it and he agreed - so now we don't buy the expensive ones.

So the latest computer cost a whopping $199!!!
    Last edited by Colsgirl; Fri, Dec 26th, 2008 at 12:55 PM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

nice deals
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Good price!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

great job was wandering around in future shop today too

Mom on a Mission
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

nice! I will have to look and see if I have $3 Scrubbing bubbles coupons, I only had $2 ones.
    My Savings So far!
    Total Spent : 13.47
    Total Saved : 20.91

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

i only got 1 scrubbing bubbles today, too afraid of getting my coupon rejected LOL. if i have time and i dont get snowed in, i'll go pick some more up later this week. did you notice walmart seemed to have MAJORLY stocked up on all the stuff they advertised? like HUGE amounts of scrubbing bubbles, fleecy fabric softener, royale tp etc. i guess they want to lure you there, letting you think there are limited quantities when there is in fact a zillion of everything! haha!

the royale was advertised for $7.xx but was selling for $9.xx at my walmart!! did anyone notice this at your walmart?

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

awesome
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seapotato View Post
    i only got 1 scrubbing bubbles today, too afraid of getting my coupon rejected LOL. if i have time and i dont get snowed in, i'll go pick some more up later this week. did you notice walmart seemed to have MAJORLY stocked up on all the stuff they advertised? like HUGE amounts of scrubbing bubbles, fleecy fabric softener, royale tp etc. i guess they want to lure you there, letting you think there are limited quantities when there is in fact a zillion of everything! haha!

the royale was advertised for $7.xx but was selling for $9.xx at my walmart!! did anyone notice this at your walmart?

The Royale was advertised as $9.xx - didn't get any so didn't notice what they were selling it for

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    We basically only use the computer for Word Processing, surfing the net and e-mail. So although our previous computers has all the bells and whistles, we never actually used any of the features we paid extra for. I finally came to my senses and spoke to my husband about it and he agreed - so now we don't buy the expensive ones.
    Completely agree. I don't even know how to use the "extra" features on my laptop. Word, Excel, simple internet surfing and email. I don't even watch movies or download songs or video.

Plus any time I feel tempted to get a new gadget with all the new bells and whistles, I only have to remind myself of the digital camera I never use, the external hard drive that I never use, the USB/memory cards I never use, the mp3 player I never use, etc...

Toronto Gal
    Trading Score
    19 (95%)

hey nif you don't use these things why don't you sell them? Probably make some exra cash especially the external hard drive everyone needs this!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information