User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know what happens if you contest a parking ticket in montreal and what the "fees" for losing are?

Just received a registered letter with a copy of a ticket that we didn't even know was issued to our car. I would like to contest it, but am wondering if it's worth the time/effort and potential cost if we lose.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmm... did it say WHY you have the ticket? Meter expired? Parking too long? Too far from the curb? Too close to the yellow zone? No parking zone?

I hate it when some prankster takes the ticket away..... you could be liable for a second ticket if this was Vancouver.

My only tickets have been when I'm in a rush and forget to plug the meter every few years. I know I was wrong, and it was simplier to just pay the $35 ticket rather than watching the price goes up for it to be contested. Much cheaper than having the car impounded and wasting time in court.

One question is how thorough is the evidence. Some civic parking enforcement takes pictures of the infraction for court purposes. It will be very hard to fight those. Some judges might double the fine if they think you are wasting court time.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi xlxo, I've decided it's not worth the hassle and just paid the ticket online.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

https://servicesenligne.ville.montre...s/contester.do
    Have 30 days to pay a parking ticket.

The page does not mention what additional fees under the regulations will be charged if plea is changed anytime prior to a hearing.
    However, you can contest a ticket. If the car belongs to a company, one of the director's have to sign the Not Guilty portion of the ticket being challenged.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information