User Tag List

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

A coworker lost everything in a fire this past Monday. ( I mean everything but the pjs on her back). Myself, as well as my other midnight coworker have decided to make up a little basket. She is an older lady (probably 60s or so), her husband (around the same age), and a cat. Ive put in a load of freebies such as shampoo, bodywash,kleenex, lotion,cat treats etc. Can anyone help me out and give me some ideas? As well as where I could find some stuff (which stores and the approx. price if on sale or not) to put in the basket. Im not sure what to really put in the basket. My other coworker is picking up stuff such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. I was thinking of food but not sure what to put in the basket - shes a diabetic also (little difficult).
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Ricki911; Wed, Dec 31st, 2008 at 04:20 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hmm, what about warm socks, gloves etc. Pillow, Blanket (because they lost everything, it would be nice that they can have some things to call their own). Instead of food, why not give a small gift card to the grocery store.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

fabulous
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A girt card to walmart would probably be great since she'll b able to buy almost anything she'll need there, food, underwear, pet supplies, prescriptions, etc....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bless you for being such a good person!
    I personally feel that Dollarama is honestly the greatest place for items like this... you can get her and her hubby some socks, underwear, gloves, hats, non perishable food items and even treats and food for their cat. I'd bet inviting her into your home for a hot meal would offer her hope as well.
    But thank you for being such a thoughtful, caring person.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I agree with the gift card thing. Also you could go to your local dollar store and get them a bunch of small things I am sure they could use at an affordable price. So nice of you to want to help them out

Thread Information