• 1 Post By Hot Tub Nightmare
  • 1 Post By AdoptedYooper
  • 2 Post By AdoptedYooper
  • 1 Post By roxyskier

Thread: Stay away from beachcomber hot tubs

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are currently looking to purchase a hot tub, this is a must read...We were so excited at the time to make this purchase both my husband and I have back issues and this was a purchase we finally allowed our budget to make. We did our research, went and saw different tubs but in the end it was two referrals from people we knew who just raved about their Beachcomber Hot Tubs and had enjoyed them for years.

We bought our tub June 2010 and it was delivered July 20,2010 to our frustration we had issues from the start with the jets popping out, one or two of them actually shattered as we found it in pieces at the bottom of the tub. Then about 8 months later the motherboard went which is quite an important component, luckily it was under warranty as that would have been about a 1500$ hit. Then on February 8th, 2014 on a night the was incredibly cold, we came home from an evening out, looking forward to a soak in the hot tub and we found a huge pool of water had frozen around the tub and water spewing from under the step. It was during a 'cold snap' and the hush pump and flo thru element had failed or so we were told. I have to say both of us suspect differently the communication on the matter with the tech was quite vague as to what exactly failed. Not so vague was the bill we were slapped with, which was $1,118.93. When we finally had the tub thawed enough for a tech to actually fix it was the 24th of March. Keep in mind the tub is only 3 1/2 years old at the time and you would think (built in Canada and all) that it would stand up against Canadian winter.

Now we have noticed that the tub is leaking water daily, we're thinking it's probably damage sustained from that night. We are now forced to drain the tub for winter as we are forced to cut our losses. The hot tub is not even 5 years old and is useless. Useless because we refuse to sink any more money into a tub that has nothing but problems from the beginning. Be warned the complacency of this company is staggering. Once they have you spending your money on one of their tubs the customer service goes out the window. Our only recourse right now is to warn others not to make the same mistake we made by buying a Beachcomber tub.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Thanks for the info!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are welcome! Whether this review is taken into consideration when shopping for a hot tub or not. I just want others to hear me and my husband's story.
    This a quote from their website....all we got was bitter disappointment!!!!

"We want you feel great about your hot tub purchase!

So often in today’s world we get home with our purchase and are disappointed in what we just purchased, either in the product itself or the service of that product. Our goal is to have you not worry about the price of the hot tub because you know that your hot tub will deliver what it promises – years of dependable, reliable service and enjoyment at home." Beachcomber.com
    addismom likes this.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yes I knew there was problems with those tubs, the house i moved into had one and i gave it t the movers for free and brought in my Artic Spas hot tub I bought. Artic Spa are alot more money to purchase but the quality is superior and it sure helps that it doesnt cost much to run on my utlility bills..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We were looking at Artic Spas and Sundance and then with reading all the good reviews and with a few referrals we went with Beachcomber.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

An update, we have written confirmation that Beachcomber will be fixing the tub at no cost to us. I owe it to update this rant
    harbie likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish we would be that lucky. We purchased Beachcomber in Green Bay, WI 6 1/2 years ago. We've had several issues and one similar to your. The store we bought it at always came and fixed it. We've had about 6 service calls in 6 years and something always goes wrong write before a major holiday when we are expecting company. This past Labor Day we opened up cover and half the water disappeared! We call for service and were told other customers were having the same problems and it might be a week before service. When Future Fitness, Green Bay, WI didn't call us back. We call them and were told "we don't service after the sale." WTF??? We requested to speak to owner of the store but were told the owner refuses to talk to us. We have purchased a grill, tons of patio furniture and a treadmill from Future Fitness in Green Bay WI and they won't service our Beachcomber which is 6 1/2 years old! The closet dealer to us in in Minneapolis, a six hour drive. I doubt they will service us either. This is just total bull of the part of Future Fitness and I think Beachcomber should send someone to their store or take away their dealership!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can say we have actually had the exact same issues that you have! They sold us on the tub because it is made in Canada and stands up to cold weather. I live in Michigan. We had the exact same thing happen in the winter! We are now experience the same thing with our jets and no customer service after the sale through Future Fitness, in Green Bay, WI who sells Beachcomber Hot tubs. I am steaming mad! WE have spent at least $25,000 at Future Fitness too.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Moved into a house and inherited a Beachcomber Hot Tub I think Model 720. After one winter problem - only one - water drains to a certain level when tub off. Internet says check valve. Looked and looked no find. So called customer service this number and that number left this message and that message. I don't exist no call back. Been there done that. Buy something and customer service/support goes out the window. However, unsure when tub installed. House built in 1972. The tub was somewhat a feature that sort of helped make decision to buy the $750,000 home. Buyer beware, customer support is very important when purchasing. Wondering if I will ever get a call back?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We purchased a Beachcomber Hot Tub from a dealer last year. We have had several problems with and so far we have not had any response from Beachcomber in regards to our issues. We informed Beachcomber when the hot tub was only 5 months old that we were having problems. It has been 14 months now and we still have no resolution to the problems below.

The first problem is that the LED Lights stopped working. One of the lights stopped working in and then a second one stopped. We paid extra to have this feature. The dealer came to fix them for us. The only way for them to be replaced is by taking the siding off of the hot tub. The problem is that the siding is not meant to come off. The siding was damaged when it was removed. We still have one light that is not working and they need to drain the tub and then move it out to replace the lights. We will then have more damage on the tub.

If this was the only problem with this hot tub - I would not have complained. However, the motor is having problems as well. The motor for the foot jets surges when it is on. It will reduce power to 20% - 30% and then come back on full power. It will do this every couple of minutes. I called Beachcomber to let them know about the issue when the tub was 5 months old. They said that the foot jets could get air into the sucker intake on the side of the hot tub. I have tried to aim the jets in a different direction and the problem persists. Either - this is a known problem and Beachcomber should not be selling this hot tub with this defect. Or, they don't know what is wrong and don't want to fix it. The Hot Tub Model is the 540. It is very upsetting to have a hot tub for less then a year and the jets surge on and off when you are using it.

We purchased this hot tub to buy Canadian and because I had heard that it was a good company. However, I am very disappointed with the hot tub and wish that I had purchased a different brand. I have asked Beachcomber to replace the hot tub and they have refused. The company does not stand behind the products.

Buyer BEWARE!!
    kevinf likes this.

Thread Information