User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anner2050 View Post
    I had no problem at WM yesterday using the Hungry Man coupons. The store in my city has never said no to the printed ones. But I was at A&P on Wed and they said no to any more printed coupons unless they are for their MC products.
    My local A&P and Dominion (Metro) have never accepted printed coupons.....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by courtreporter View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if this was because of the Maple Leaf coupons that people were using
    i believe you are right .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Cashiers at superstores are not accepting all printable coupons either - I was speaking with the cashiers who said they were not getting reimbursement for some of the printable coupons.

One did mention the Maple Leaf Coupons that people were passing off as legit

another mentioned that coupons from Coupons.Inc - they included coupons for Cheerioes, Kotex, Pilsbury, etc. - the cashier said that website is not legit

So, I guess it's no surprise.
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just won't shop there any more... If they want to treat us like criminals I'll take my business elsewhere...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

With the save.ca ones I haven't had to much of an issue as they say manufacturers coupon on them. When I was at Sobeys last the cashier took my printed coupon and said that as long as they have the weird bar code they are ok, you know the speckled kinda fuzzy ones.
    Whatever, Walmart still is amazing for soupons and if not No Frills.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just before Christmas A&P would not accept the Europes Best $1.00 off Coupons. I had used them at this store many times before & am never greedy, submitting only 1 or 2 coupons per item at a time.
    Mad & embarrassed I asked for my coupons back, left the entire order, wished the cashier a happy holiday & left red faced but empty handed.
    The happy ending!!!
    I was able to use all my remaining printed Europes Best coupons at another local Store, (before their expiry 12/31/08)
    Moe in Ontario

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by redmouse View Post
    Cashiers at superstores are not accepting all printable coupons either - I was speaking with the cashiers who said they were not getting reimbursement for some of the printable coupons.

another mentioned that coupons from Coupons.Inc - they included coupons for Cheerioes, Kotex, Pilsbury, etc. - the cashier said that website is not legit

Last night at Sobey's they wouldn't take my coupons I got from the Everyday Celebrations promotion for $1 off any General Mills products. These were printed out using that coupons inc software. The cashier also called for a supervisor when I handed her a $3 off busy bone coupon from Save.ca. They have NEVER done that before. I had no trouble last month with the printed Campbell's soup coupon. I've just written to General mills and told them about the coupon issue. Why do these big companies use that stupid coupon software when no one will accept them. What a waste of harddrive space and ink. Plus the fact that you feel like a criminal at the checkout!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by redmouse View Post

I have had two local stores reject printed coupons. The cashier at one wasn't really clear on the reason, but when I spoke to customer service at both places, they cited the Maple Leaf fiasco as being the reason they will not accept them. It's so frustrating to know that legit coupon use is being impacted by a few.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Usually don't have problems with coupons...though the cashiers are starting to question the Save.ca ones at times. I just tell them that they are mailed out and not printed. If I have to I will start bringing the envelope that they come in with me so they can see that it was mailed to me. It does kind of piss me off that people were abusing the printed ones. I was going to use the Maple Leaf ones...but as soon as I heard they weren't legit and that they wouldn't honour them I threw the one I printed in the recycling. I mean it's one thing to get a great deal but another to rip off the store knowlingly....I'm no thief thank you. So of course from the greed of few the many suffer...hope those of you who used those coupons even after you knew they weren't legit get a tummy ache from eating all your ill-gotten goods. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

so on one side we have all these manufacturers offering the printable coupons, and on the other side we have the stores who won't take them

this is something the manufacturers and the stores need to work out amongst themselves

not sure what the solution is...I wouldn't think the manufacturers would be too happy when they're trying to encourage people to buy their products by giving them a coupon, and then the stores won't accept them...so the customer doesn't buy the product...

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Whenever I see a printable coupon I'd like to use, I just email the company offering it and ask if it's possible for me to receive a coupon by mail instead, since so few stores will accept them. Most companies have no problem sending me coupons - only a few have refused to.

One company (which I won't name, since I don't want them to get bombarded!) had a 50 cent coupon off their product on their site, and when I asked if I could get a coupon mailed to me instead, they sent me an FPC for their product!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information