User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I have to appologize to the staff at the Elmsdale sobeys and to sobeys head office.

After recieving a reply to my complaint i sent to headoffice, I relayed the reply to my husband. The store manager in Elmsdale was contacted about the complaint by headoffice and wanted my husband to call him so they could see what had happened that day. While discussing this email, my husband informs me that he thought he was supposed to go to FALL RIVER sobeys, not Elmsdale. Elmsdale is where I had the chicken put on hold.

I appologize again for the complaint I filed believing that my husband had been dealing with Elmsdale. I want to thank headoffice for emailing me back promptly.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sobeys
    Last edited by ilovemykids; Tue, Jan 20th, 2009 at 10:17 AM.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

also post on your face book and my space pages. Gets lots of views that way.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

thanks seek. that's a great idea

CPNnewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

that's horrible. isn't their price terrible? you'd think they'd make up for it in CS...

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

ugh, i'm so upset with them i don't know where to start.

1. they so much as called me a liar, saying no one called in to have them put on hold

2. then the store mgnr himself says they can't even get the chicken in, when my hubby seen the fricking chicken in the case, but after speaking with one of the mgnrs, it *disappears*

all they had to do, was appologize for not putting the chicken aside, and compensating with an equal value product for same price!

so the only thing i can think of is that they don't want to let the chicken go for the 19.99 as was advertised. that they are waiting for the rainchecks to run out so they can put the chicken back to 31.99.
    Last edited by NSangel; Sat, Jan 17th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So many bad reviews on Grocery stores lately. It's sickening.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

don't get me started on sobey's! Long story short the manager made me (at the time a pregnant lady) cry over $3 on cheese. LOL bad experience, didn't go back, sent an email - they weren't helpful. Glad i've moved, so it's no longer my closest store

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    So many bad reviews on Grocery stores lately. It's sickening.
    which is sickening cait? the reviews, or the grocery stores. lol

Quote Originally Posted by curls View Post
    don't get me started on sobey's! Long story short the manager made me (at the time a pregnant lady) cry over $3 on cheese. LOL bad experience, didn't go back, sent an email - they weren't helpful. Glad i've moved, so it's no longer my closest store
    Oh i was harassed by a sobeys employee once, because of a price that was on the wrong product. he shoves the flyer in my face and points out that it was for this other product. and i was like, well how the am i supposed to know that if i never got the flyer? he went on and on, i'm sorry ma'am, but see right here, it's for this one, not that ONE!. and i'm like, YES, AND I TOLD YOU I DON'T GET NO FREAKING FLYER! did that stop him NOOoo he kept going on and on

so finally i looked at the cashier and demanded that she get me a manager.

i told the manager. i was not arguing with him. i had thanked him for the info, refused the purchase, and was trying to get out of the store, but he kept me engaged in this stupid converstation!

she looked at him, he told her that the product was not the right one. she said, so then what's the problem? (ie, let the woman leave).

he must have adhd like my son, on and on and on..

TAKE A RITALIN! nm give me one!

so went into our sobeys, who told us for the FOURTH time that the chicken would be in (remember i'm boycotting elmsdale), and still NO CHICKEN!

am thinking of boycotting all sobeys. esp if i don't hear back in email.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

The customer is always right, haven't they heard that one before?
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

update. Please see first post!!!
    Last edited by NSangel; Mon, Jan 19th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't mean to be rude here. But have any of you worked customer service RECENTLY? like not in the 90's or 80's.

People are ridiculous and rude to employees, and the whole "customer is right"....99% is not the case. Customers don't read item descriptions, flyers or half the stuff properly, so I understand where the employee gets frustrated with you not looking at the flyer. Doesnt the store have flyers present when you walk in? Pick one up and look at it. Remember you're going to be fighting with a poorly paid student.

things happen, such as flyers are printed before things are ordered from distribution centers, so things get short shipped. Or they're door crashers, they run out in 1-2 days.

If a store manager does not care and does not want to help you, that should be a sign to you it is not a well run store. Don't even bother going to head office...really what are they going to do? ship you a chicken?

take your business elsewhere, you will always find a store that will have better customer service.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kikitoron View Post
    I don't mean to be rude here. But have any of you worked customer service RECENTLY? like not in the 90's or 80's.

People are ridiculous and rude to employees, and the whole "customer is right"....99% is not the case. Customers don't read item descriptions, flyers or half the stuff properly, so I understand where the employee gets frustrated with you not looking at the flyer. Doesnt the store have flyers present when you walk in? Pick one up and look at it. Remember you're going to be fighting with a poorly paid student.

things happen, such as flyers are printed before things are ordered from distribution centers, so things get short shipped. Or they're door crashers, they run out in 1-2 days.

If a store manager does not care and does not want to help you, that should be a sign to you it is not a well run store. Don't even bother going to head office...really what are they going to do? ship you a chicken?

take your business elsewhere, you will always find a store that will have better customer service.
    NSAngel, good for you for stepping up and saying you made a mistake.

To respond to other bits of this thread, FYI, rudeness didn't start after the year 2000. People were rude and ridiculous to employee in the 80s and 90s too. I worked in customer service in those days.

Grocery stores really run on thin margins, and can't afford to piss people off enough to make them shop elsewhere. So while they may not ship you a chicken, and probably can't afford to give gift certifcates to make you feel better, they can still apologize and make things right. Even an apology goes a long way with me, doesn't have to be accompanied by any free product.

If the store manager doesn't make things right, you move things up on the food chain. The cashier couldn't care less if you come back, his or her pay isn't really affected unless the whole store is rotten. If the store manager doesn't care, I'm quite sure the head office DOES care. They're a nationwide chain, one pissed off person means a lot of missed business. Tell them.

Z
    Last edited by Zonny; Wed, Mar 11th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I worked probably 20 years in customer service. I am very sympathetic with the store employees, but there is never any reason to be rude to a customer or to harass them (as i told u that freak did in my post above).

They tend to forget it's not really the store paying their salaries, it's the customers. no customers no pay for you honey.

i shoulda posted the horrible customer service i got yesterday from rogers. omg now this woman ASSUMED i was looking at the prices to upgrade a phone new contract, and when i repeatedly explained AND PROVED that i was logged in to my prices, she still refused to believe me. argued half a dozen times i don't get the phone for that price. THEN she loads up my acct and wot u know? those were correct. i called back and reported it to supervisor, i explained i worked in at&t i know ppl are often looking at new acct prices and thinking they can get it for that i udnerstand. what i don't understand is why the woman argued. she could have just listened, quietly opened my acct and checked before jumping to the conclusion that this customer din't know wot she was talking about. he credited me $25 and wiaved the $35 admin fee on the phone.

i hate poor customer service!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    I worked probably 20 years in customer service. I am very sympathetic with the store employees, but there is never any reason to be rude to a customer or to harass them (as i told u that freak did in my post above).

They tend to forget it's not really the store paying their salaries, it's the customers. no customers no pay for you honey.

i shoulda posted the horrible customer service i got yesterday from rogers. omg now this woman ASSUMED i was looking at the prices to upgrade a phone new contract, and when i repeatedly explained AND PROVED that i was logged in to my prices, she still refused to believe me. argued half a dozen times i don't get the phone for that price. THEN she loads up my acct and wot u know? those were correct. i called back and reported it to supervisor, i explained i worked in at&t i know ppl are often looking at new acct prices and thinking they can get it for that i udnerstand. what i don't understand is why the woman argued. she could have just listened, quietly opened my acct and checked before jumping to the conclusion that this customer din't know wot she was talking about. he credited me $25 and wiaved the $35 admin fee on the phone.

i hate poor customer service!!!
    you're apologizing to a forum and on facebook. why don't you go into the store and apologize to each employee for filing an incorrect complaint to head office? that's my point. you're paying their WAGES, not salaries...so settle down, the average grocery store employee makes 9-11 bucks an hr part time. what a salary! people get fired or written up for things like this. Store CSI reviews get slashed...for incorrectly filed complaints. people like you drive me crazy and motivate me to finish school so I never have to work retail again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i have worked in some form of customer service since i was 18. now i work in a male dominated industry and get more than my share of rude customers. still i am never rude back or take out my frustrations on the customer. i dont care how much money you make or how old you are or if you had a fight with your mom/roommate/husband/dog this morning, there is noooo excuse for rudeness! if you cant handle your frustrating/rude/ignorant customers than get out of customer service because they are a fact of life and its never going to change.

when i get terrible customer service i complain! if i am paying for a service/product then i deserve to be treated with respect.

nsangle-its your right to complain if you feel you were unjustly treated, but good for you to apologize for your mistake.

kikitoron-get a new job, you should not be working in customer service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information