User Tag List

Thread: Veggie advice ?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am currently vegetably challenged. Hayden was going through a phase of eating carrots no matter what and loving it so I would try him on stuff and when he rejected it he would eat those. He also went through a squash phase that seems to be over.

He has rejected on many occasions green beans, broccoli and mushrooms...tonight I am trying cauliflower with a bit of cheese but does anyone know any other things I should try or ways I should try it ? So tired of cooking stuff for half an hour only to have it end up on the floor as I make the grilled cheese yet again...

He is currently big on cucumber but I'm pretty sure that is basically just water...... ?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Julie Andrews
    Aww, at least he'll have some veggies for you!
    Baby J won't eat any. lol

Back online & catching up kdoucette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I cook up mixed frozen veggies for Alexander - peas, corn, carrots and green beans. Its one of his favourite foods!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So what do you do Juile ? Give up for now.. or ? If I hide it in pizza he usually doesn't find it-he will when it's warm but not once it's cold... kdoucette-you are LUCKY !! Hayden won't even put most of the green stuff in his mouth-I think this is WAY too early to judge by appearance but I guess I'm wrong..lol

Julie Andrews
    Right now we're counting apple juice and ketchup as veggies. He won't eat fruit either. He has texture issues, and really odd eating habits because of his autism. For him the fruit and veggies are absolutely repulsive.
    We're trying to introduce new foods. I was completely estatic when he tried bread! We're still trying to het him to drink milk.

Back online & catching up kdoucette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Raynygirl View Post
    So what do you do Juile ? Give up for now.. or ? If I hide it in pizza he usually doesn't find it-he will when it's warm but not once it's cold... kdoucette-you are LUCKY !! Hayden won't even put most of the green stuff in his mouth-I think this is WAY too early to judge by appearance but I guess I'm wrong..lol

If he likes grilled cheese try sneaking some veggies in - shredded zucchini etc. TRy soup as well (creamy soup with pureed veggies!)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find kids really like those steamed veggies ( i think they are by green giant) they come in little cardboard boxes. You can get buttered carrots, peaches & cream corn and broccoli/cauliflour with cheese sauce, etc. They are really tasty AND healthy.
    http://mamarant.blogs.com/photos/unc...weetpeas_1.jpg
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Thread Information