User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expecially durning the economic downfall that were in right now, wouldn't you think that customer service should be on the ball. I mean if you want my money that I'm finding it hard to part with customer service should be 100%. Last year we purchased a brand new, still in the crate Arctic Cat snowmobile. I had the absolute worst experience. We got the sled delivered, then everything went down hill. My husband wanted the dealership to do the oil change thinking that if we sell it later, that the papers might be nice to have. This is in mid January, and the snow is plenty. They wanted to keep the sled for 2 weeks, to change the oil. Really come on, I can go to speedy and get the oil changed on my truck in 1/2 hr. Nope we changed our minds and did it himself. I went to get the oil changing stuff, filter, oil, engine flush, seals. (he made me a list as I don't know anything about that). My husband is pretty through, and know's what he wants (dosn't want me to screw it up lol) and puts all parts numbers on list as well. So I go to pick up the materials, and the only thing that they have in stock is the OIL. Nothing else. Have to order everything. I say ok, order it and call me when it's in. I'm told about a week. I come back 1 week later (no phone call, just went) and they have the supplies, except the one thing my husband really wanted, the engine flush. I get upset now, and say "well why don't you have it? it was suppose to have been ordered with the rest of the supplies?". The respose I get is mind blowing. They (4 men, against me) saying that "you don't need it, it dosn't do anything. Just run some clean oil through and it'll be fine." I said well that's not the point, this machine is brand new, and the manuel that my husband read cover to cover say's to do it, and I ordered it last week. Store manager Larry that I was talking to, went and got the machanic that told me THEY DON'T DO THE FLUSH. I was livid, it was in the service manuel, and we wanted to do it. I left, never got it. I was so mad I wrote a letter to the head office, and still haven't gotten a respose. So guess who was up for a new snowmobile this year? ME. I got a polaris. So don't buy anything from Arctic Cat dealership in Sudbury, there a bunch of lying conartist's.

Sudbury Boat and Canoe.
    314 Harrison Dr
    Sudbury, Ontario
    P3E 5C9
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by batman1978_; Wed, Jan 21st, 2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Wrong forum

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeesh! It didn't matter what there point of view was, they should of just ordered it whether they thought you needed it or didnt!

Would you mind editing the title of the snowmoblile and exactly what city dealership you dealt with and I'll move it to store reviews.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I wouldn't day all arctic cat ppl are like that. I just say that because we went off the road last year during a bad storm, and the only person that stopped was a guy driving a large arctic cat truck. He put chains on the bumper and pulled us out of the ditch. I was so thankful. We were in the middle of nowhere and it was white out conditions. But again different situation than buying a product.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    I wouldn't day all arctic cat ppl are like that. I just say that because we went off the road last year during a bad storm, and the only person that stopped was a guy driving a large arctic cat truck. He put chains on the bumper and pulled us out of the ditch. I was so thankful. We were in the middle of nowhere and it was white out conditions. But again different situation than buying a product.

I don't think that Actic cat makes a truck. Might have had Arctic cat stickers all over it lol.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Sometimes because they are the only game in town or the largest dealer in the immediate area, they think that they can do or say whatever they want to. Sometimes it is because you are female ( it still happens). All I would suggest is to go to the manager or call Arctic Cat directly in Thief River Falls, Minn. USA and make a comment to them about a particular dealership. There is no need for that type of behavior. I would also politely let them know that when a customer has an unpleasant experience they usually tell a minimum of 10 people about that experience.( I know that I do).

Lizzy BoardLine
    Trading Score
    423 (100%)

Before trashing a man's business name and reputation, you might consider looking at things from both sides of the coin. I can understand your frustration at not being told the circumstances while placing your order. On the other hand, maybe they saved you a whole pile of money and time by recommending that the flushing part of the job was not necessary. Being a fairly new machine, the instructions manual may not have signified that it wasn't necessary (only for more "used and abused" models). Sudbury's most demanding time of the season is mid Jan. when the weather and snow are in full force, bringing all customers running to have their machines serviced. The shops are only equipped with so many mechanics to do the job. They must imply a first come, first service policy. Regardless of how small the job may be-- would it be fair to say the other loyal customers that came in first should have their small, med. or large sized jobs put aside for one customers smaller job??? If that were the case, they would be waiting all winter!! Wise snowmobilers in Sudbury have learned to service their machines early in the season so that they are prepared for the high season. Just thought I'd throw my opinion out there. No harm done??? I hope!!
    Last edited by lizzyurb; Wed, Jan 21st, 2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: can't spell today!! lol

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

Here's my 2 cents....I would be happy that 4 men who work on snowmachines told me that it didn't need to be done. I would assume that they would know....since that's what they do for a living. I understand the frustration, but we do live in northern ontario, and have to wait for parts on a lot of things, It's like a computer nerd not following the manual for my; computer when they fix it......As far as getting 100% for customer service? Nobody's perfect, not even me lol

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The fact of the matter is she ordered it.

Honestly who are they to tell her she doesnt need it?

If she ordered it it doesn't matter if they thought she needed it or not.

What if you ordered a toaster from Canadiantire and they turned around and told you that ''you didn't need it' so they didn't order it. How would you feel?

I don't think its the fact they couldn't do the oil change for a bit, its more of the not ordering the products for her as she requested, as I read it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As I stated in my coment this is a brand new snowmobile, were the only owner of it. I feel upset and appauled on this behaviour because I also got a brand new truck and if they told me that they don't have anything to do an oil change on it and refuesed to order it, wouldn't you be upset? Come on there's a problem. I also can't see how it could have been done any earlier in the season, as it was dropped in the driveway in December, and followed the manufactures spec's on breaking it in. I don't expect that there going to stop what there doing to do an oil change. But I do expect that when something is ordered, and told to me that it was ordered for me to be done. I'm not perfect either, but if I say that I'm going to do something, you better believe it's going to get done.

Thread Information