User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a minor car accident two months ago. I took my honda civic to Formual Honda Collision Center at Markham Rd/Finich Rd, Scarborough.
    This place was recommendated by my insurance company, Coorporator.

The damage was cosmetics and so the fix was to repalce the two side panels and paint them.

First of all, the paint job was not good at all. There were some scratches on the new paint. They touched them up but actually made it worse.

When I pickup the car, I just checked the work they had done on the outside such as the paint, the mounting of the panels, the quality of the panels (because they are used parts). BUT I did not open the hood.

Few weeks later, when I open up the hood to refill some fluids. I found two screws that secure the headlight were missing and the battery was not tighten (loosely placed). I also found sealing on the areas was not done well.

After the accident, I decided to give the job to the dealer rather than my own mechanic. Because I thought they will know better of the work and I guess I was wrong. Their workmanship is not up to standard and there was no quality check. Losing few screws on the headlight may not affect the performance of the vehicle. Imagine loose or lost screws on tires, brakes or some major components could cause serious problems.

I am totally disappointed !!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by jackso; Wed, Jan 28th, 2009 at 11:04 AM.
    JS

Thread Information