User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ??? What to do with old textbooks???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There is a consignment store for homeschooling families, I'm not sure of the address, but could look into it. There's quite a few homeschooling families with kids getting ready for university this year. You could also contact one of the many homeschooling school boards see if they would be interested ;-)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

This is a great thread, I know it's old but am looking at buying used books to start school next week but I also have a stack in the hall way of OLD text books I know longer need and was wondering what to do with them....thanks for the tips.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Happen to have the goode's atlas? My son needs it and can't find it anywhere.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

This is an awesome thread - I was looking for it earlier and suddenly, it just shows up again :D

I have a few textbooks from my University years that I'd like to get rid of so those are great ideas. I'm leaning towards the shingles one

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I dropped my husbands and mine in our blue bin. They were so old and I probably would have never gotten around to driving them around to the place that turns them into shingles. I wanted them gone.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

That's what we did as well. I was holding onto them trying to find a place to take them but gave up...recycling it is!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know this thread is old - but this is still a challenge for many people, and I just went through hours of looking for where to send my textbooks. There is only a few organizations that accept older or used textbooks donations. (1) local prison libraries or prison/justice help groups, (2) Bridge to Asia - ships to USA office and they ship to Asia. (3) several USA based charities.
    Moral of the story, sell your books ASAP you are done with the books, because they are really only valuable for about 5 years after the publication date. FYI - you think you will use them again, but you never do let them go! Most charities can no longer afford to ship overseas, and they often need books in the local language. English medical sciences textbooks are in high demand overseas, and can be donated to many med or nursing schools, if less then 10 years old.

See some organizations accepting textbooks below;

textbooksforchange.ca/ (only take books less then 8 years old and is located in Ontario)

prisonbookprogram.org/resources/other-books-to-prisoners-programs/

booksforafrica.org/index.html

mtwyouth.org/book_donations/individuals/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information