• 2 Post By macw1960
  • 1 Post By dededi
  • 1 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Thumbs up and LIKE a freebie

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

There may already be a post like this..

I've noticed there are a bunch of views but few thumbs up and likes on Freebies..

We don't always have time to leave a THANK YOU but we do have time to LIKE and provide a THUMBS UP..

It helps to determine how many are participating but is also just kinda nice..
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by LisaLisaBoBisa; Thu, Aug 27th, 2015 at 10:03 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well said LisaLisaBoBisa! For all the lovely people who take the time to post freebies and comments/likes/thumbs up deserve a HUGE thanks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

good point lisa

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I agree that it's important to give thanks (this goes for every thread on the forum) but I know on tapatalk you cannot leave a "thumbs up". I'm mostly on SC via tapatalk so I rarely give a "thumbs up" because I can't.

Also there's a lot of viewers that are not members and therefore cannot "like" or leave a "thumbs up". Sometimes people view a page and don't like it (could be a repost or the content's not for them or whatever reason) so they just move on. Some views are from the same member multiple times. And there's the spam bots of course.

It's hard to judge a thread by views vs. thumbs up/likes. Maybe this can be addressed in the site related section or directly to @Stuart H or @Boo Radley ? Maybe they might have some insight or ideas...
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 08:38 AM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I think there was a thread like this before , somewhere..

From my own freebie post - a freebie that last year was pages long, is now a couple of thanks/like/thumbs up. Everything you said makes sense but has always been the case so no major changes (other than tapatalk maybe?).. So there shouldn't be such a deviation from previous if that makes sense - other than ppl just not doing it.. ??
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I agree that it's important to give thanks (this goes for every thread on the forum) but I know on tapatalk you cannot leave a "thumbs up". I'm mostly on SC via tapatalk so I rarely give a "thumbs up" because I can't.

Also there's a lot of viewers that are not members and therefore cannot "like" or leave a "thumbs up". Sometimes people view a page and don't like it (could be a repost or the content's not for them or whatever reason) so they just move on. Some views are from the same member multiple times. And there's the spam bots of course.

It's hard to judge a thread by views vs. thumbs up/likes. Maybe this can be addressed in the site related section or directly to @Stuart H or @Boo Radley ? Maybe they might have some insight or ideas...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Since it is not an actual freebie, I have moved this to site help & forum discussion

It is not just a freebie issue, people don't thank (in any way) in deals, coupons etc and I know it has caused members to stop posting deals/coupons and even flyers.

Anne's coupons to use with flyers is a good example, it gets a handful of likes/thumbs up and few replies unless someone is asking where to get a coupon. It gets over 2000 views every week. There was a time when it would have pages of replies and people actually did a few stores to help.

I recently started back up the produce/grocery staples deals as a trial after a few people said they missed and said I would give it until the end of August before we would decide if we should bring it back to SC. I even asked people to reply/thumbs up/reply so we could gauge interest as these posts are time consuming. Half the people who asked for it back have not replied to it.

I also know some people think it is a waste of time replying just to say thanks and complain about notifications from posts with people just saying thanks (which is why the like/thumbs up buttons were first introduced)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I so agree with you. Likes and thums up are so important and it makes peoples fell good too for writing something........................
    Last edited by ticul; Fri, Aug 28th, 2015 at 09:12 AM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I know @Boo Radley posted in another thread about the possibility of some sort of incentive for members posting deals, etc.

Strangely not many people responded to the post...

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/406518-...urkers-canada/

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I agree and it is so easy to do.
    LisaLisaBoBisa and dededi like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually don't know how to do that, not very computer bright.
    LisaLisaBoBisa likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    I actually don't know how to do that, not very computer bright.
    There is a thumbs up button at the top right of the first post on each thread and a like button at the bottom of every post (or you can use the thumbs up button on tapatalk mobile to like posts)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    There is a thumbs up button at the top right of the first post on each thread and a like button at the bottom of every post (or you can use the thumbs up button on tapatalk mobile to like posts)
    FP do you know where or which version of tapatalk has the thumbs up? I can't see it on mine so just want to make sure. TIA
    LisaLisaBoBisa likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The thumbs up on Tapatalk likes a post (not an SC thumbs up) and is found below the post
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Oh ok thank you! I knew you can like but I thought maybe I was missing something in regards to thumbs up. Thanks!

Thread Information