Like Tree4554Likes

Thread: 2015 Advent Train *Opening Time*

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Expired on: Tue, Feb 2nd, 2016
    Name:  25 days of christmas.jpg
Views: 7833
Size:  190.2 KB

It is that time of year again! We are starting signups for the advent train!

Train Type: No Limit / Size Limit / $$ Limit / Rider Limit
    Boarding will close on October 31
    You will be sending 25 gifts & 5 must be EXACT wishlist items to your buddy (obviously don't send something random that you don't know if they would like)
    Send Date Nov 20 (to arrive by Dec 1)

You will wrap (individually) and label 25 gifts for your buddy so that they can open a surprise each day from December 1-25

5 gifts will be exact wishes from your buddy's WL these CANNOT be dollar store items even if your buddy has dollar store items on their list
    3 days can be a bundle of coupons, most wanted, HV, FPC, call ins (this is optional, you can buy presents) if you use this option PLEASE have a minimum of $10 and send coupons you yourself would like to receive, utilize your buddies WL ie NO JUNK!

One gift must be winter or Christmas themed
    Typically we have had a gag gift day on December 13th

Remaining items can be surprises for your buddy but make sure they are related to their wishlist or that they would like them

Senders send a package that you yourself would be happy to receive. The best way to do that is to participate on this thread get to know your buddy if you do you are sure to send a very appreciated package.

Receivers please remember everyone's budget is different, your buddy should NOT have to go bankrupt to make you happy. Go into this with the thought that it truly is better to give than receive and understand your buddy put a whole lot of time into your package

Please do not join this train if you are not going to fulfill the requirements. We would like this train to be enjoyable by all and a great experience.

RIDERS MUST:

1. Have a Trade Rating of 25 (these ratings cannot be from all VWT’s or RAOKS)
    2. Have a minimum of 200 posts on SC
    3. Have no negative ratings (exceptions may be made if they are over one year or at the moderator's discretion – no exceptions will be made if these ratings came from package trains)
    4. Be an active member of SC
    5. Not be riding any other package train

If you are interested in joining please post in this thread and include the following in the post:
    "I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines" I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky”
    A list of all trains you are currently riding

**All potential riders are subject to moderators approval**

You must PM me your wishlist before boarding closes at midnight October 31. Your wishlist must have at least 30 items that are easy to find and affordable
    I will send back wishlists for editing to make this train fair to other riders, with 25 gifts, it is impossible to send all items priced at $5+
    when PMing your wishlist, please use the subject: Advent - USERNAME wishlist I receive a lot of PMs so it is easier to find them with your username and Advent in the title

Please don’t forget to include the following info with your wishlist.

SC Name:
    Address:
    Pets:
    Kids/Ages:
    Allergies:
    Most Wanted Item(s):

Link to your coupon wishlist if you have one:

Rider Responsibilities:

• The Send Date is: Nov 20 – Which means you MUST mail on or before that day – No exceptions. Your buddy needs to have their package for December 1st
    • You MUST send 5 full sized items from your buddy’s wishlist and 20 other gifts suitable to your buddies list - preferred that most items are wishlist but make your wishlist easy to help with this!
    • You must post a minimum of 3 times per week during this train (but you can post as much as you like). Since many people are travelling at this time, you can take a 1 week vacation from posting without penalty if we are informed in advance.
    • Mandatory posts must include a post for each of the following:
      • Requesting seat
      • Confirmation of sending
      • Confirmation of receiving/Thank You

• You must mail by the stated date. Please note that package trains MUST have tracking unless delivered in person. Package mail can cost $10-20 dependent on weight and size. You are responsible for mailing, sending from a store does not have the same feeling as opening handpackaged items and you cannot ensure they mail on time. (PM the tracking number to FallenPixels – Tracking numbers are mandatory unless you hand deliver in person)

• All items must be in new/unused condition (other than gently used movies, books, games, etc.).
    • Liquids must be wrapped well to prevent leaking and ruining the package (a ziploc works well)
    • Glass items must also be well wrapped and protected to prevent breaking and ruining the package
    • $2+ items (from wishlist) are considered full size items
    • $1, $1.25, $1.50 items, samples, trial & travel size items are considered extras
    • Please also keep in mind that since you will be sending actual packages that shipping will cost more than regular coupon trains (on average about $10-$20). If you do not have CP’s Venture One card you may want to look into it. It’s free and anyone can join, you can use your SC name as the "business"

CONSEQUENCES OF NOT FOLLOWING ALL RULES

• If you do not follow ALL of the above rules, you will be excluded from riding one future package train and WILL receive neutral feedback
    • Repeat/Second offences will also mean you are excluded from at least two package trains and possibly all future package trains
    • If you do not send a gift, you will be excluded from all future package trains
    • If you do not send a gift, you will receive two negative ratings - One from your buddy and the other from the conductor.
    • If you do not communicate with the moderators regarding why the gift was not received, you may also receive a trading ban at the Trade Mod's discretion.

**Disclaimer: Smart Canucks Owner, Mods, Admin and/or Train Conductor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mislabeled, damaged, unsatisfactory or unsent packages. Tracking numbers are mandatory (unless hand delivered). *
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Riders

army_girl29 *mailed*
    Arvilish
    becky_j
    briwantstosave
    chesterjes
    couponteen101
    coupontime
    francine1985
    julesie-pie
    Momto2Ks
    N@t@
    new2sc
    newmamasweet
    scbpooh
    sheetsofemptycanvas
    shkyle
    tmlskk01

Kids Train
    chesterjes
    Momto2Ks
    N@t@
    newmamasweet
    shkyle
    tmlskk01
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Nov 12th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.
    julesie-pie likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Questions

1. Buddy do you have any Christmas items wishes??
    2. What kids of things is/are your child/children into??
    3. Buddy, do you like to bake?
    4. Buddy do you have a current coupon wishlist?
    5. Do you want any samples that came out this year?
    6. Do you have long or short hair?
    7. When is your birthday?
    8. Do you mind or like DIYs?
    9. Do you enjoy card and/or board games?
    10. What is one item/product that you love but never buy for yourself?
    11. Do you and or your children like to make crafts? If so is there anything you would like for crafting?
    12. Buddy, do you have a wax melter/warmer. If so, are you looking for melts? Which scents do you like?
    13. As the 13th is our gag gift day what type of gift would you be ok with adult or more geared toward children?
    14. Buddy- If you have children, what sizes do they wear?

Last edited by FallenPixels; Mon, Nov 2nd, 2015 at 04:56 PM.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

another!
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

how many could I need?
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think this should be enough?
    tmlskk01 and julesie-pie like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

OK now I have some saved posts for lists and stuff
    I have not included a kids train, but if enough people really want one... so post if you want one. We need at least a few people so it is not too obvious who is sending
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Yay!!! Would love to ride!

"I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines" I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky”
    julesie-pie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Me too...

Currently riding...
    chesterjes' September train (waiting for an answer to send it out again) and October train (boarding stage)
    start-the-car's Multi-Track train
    julesie-pie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I would love to join! "I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines" I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky”
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Me me me!!!! Im not currently riding any other trains

Last edited by scbpooh; Wed, Oct 28th, 2015 at 09:42 AM.
    julesie-pie likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Yay me please!

I am currently riding - Chesterjes' Multi-Track Traditional, Aug Traditional, Sept Traditional & October Traditional Trains!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Me too please. Not currently on any trains. Have been more of a stalker recently.

julesie-pie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Would like to join too please . I am not riding any other trains. Thanks.

julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Me please! I not riding any other trains.
    julesie-pie likes this.

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information