• 2 Post By amira84
  • 2 Post By rockco
  • 3 Post By angelaaucoin

Thread: Sobeys Black Friday

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Good AM combination at Sobeys for Friday.

Buy $200 gift card, receive 100 AM. (P3, valid all week until Dec 3.) Not as good in itself as some other promotions, but the Friday combination makes it exceptional.

Friday only: Buy $100 in store, receive 150 AM.

There are also several other major grocery AM promotions in this flyer, including some Friday-only promotions on the front page (eg. 4 Lays chips 220g/255g @ $2.99 -> 75 AM).

Interesting possibility: I don't see any exemptions for the Friday-only promotion. It might allow a gift card purchase (although you can't buy 3rd party gift cards with Sobey's gift cards). It does fall within the range of previous Sobey's gift card promotions (eg. $50 -> 75 AM.) I bought all my Christmas gift cards during the previous Sobeys and SDM promotions, so I won't be testing this myself.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sobeys, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    99 (99%)

Interested to see if they stack.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it worked beautifully for me this morning. OOP spent was $200.00 on the GC, then I used only $100.00 of that to pay for my order ( of amazing promo products! ) and in the end I earned a total of 910 AM!! Plus I still have $100.00 left on my Sobey's GC to use up at FreshCo ( more reasonable prices )
    fanofearl, MrsMer, rockco and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    99 (99%)

Has this been confirmed out west too? I can't seem to find the promo for the $200 GC anywhere in the flyer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the information about the air miles for loading $200 or $100 on a Sobey's gift card is on the back page of the weekly flyer at the bottom of the page - it's valid until December 3.
    rockco and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great! I just calculated and my mind was blown away + i got very jealous of this promo because we don't have a sobeys here.

So tell me what i am thinking is right or wrong. First buy a $200 gc. Get 100 AM. Then buy whatever walkonby bought ans get 910 AM back. So in the end you will have spent $200 in the gc. $100 still left in the gc, more than $100 worth of AM (910+ 100 = 1010 AM = more than $100 worth) AND you get all the stuff walkonby bought. AMAZING!
    walkonby, MrsMer, rockco and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Isn't this a money maker deal?
    :jealous:
    rockco and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    it worked beautifully for me this morning. OOP spent was $200.00 on the GC, then I used only $100.00 of that to pay for my order ( of amazing promo products! ) and in the end I earned a total of 910 AM!! Plus I still have $100.00 left on my Sobey's GC to use up at FreshCo ( more reasonable prices )
    @walkonby .. thanks for the tip about FreshCo. I always wanted to take advantage of AM GC offers from Sobeys, but I never shop there cause they are so expensive and a further drive. I did not know I can use the Sobey's GC at Freshco. THANK YOU... another deal I can now participate in...

Anyone...can the Sobey's GC also be used at Price Chopper?
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    99 (99%)

Ok, so I live in SK, and I couldn't find anything about a GC promo here... instead, we have a spend $100 and get 100 point promo, excludes GCs. We also have a promo for black Diamond blocks of cheese being $9.99, and if you buy 2, you get an extra 100 points... so, I bought 10 blocks of cheese (plus a little entertainment tray) totaling $106, and received the 500 air miles for the cheese, plus the 100 air miles for spending $100, plus the 5 base points for a total of 605 points. Works out to about $4 per block for 907 g cheese - pretty awesome! If only I had black diamond cheese coupons too... LOL

Thread Information