User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i might be getting a pair of prescripted coloured contacts but i heard on the news that they are apparently really harmful for the vision of your eyes.

is that true?
    anybody know?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tried them from my eye doctor, he never said anything about them being bad for your eyes. He lets me try any kind I want. I just book and appointment and he will give me a trial set and if I do not like them I come back in a couple of weeks later and we try something different. Plus he is really cute so any excuse to go and see him the better.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to wear coloured contacts everyday in high school. Now I wear transparent ones daily, and I only wear coloured ones every now and then...

hmmm I never heard that they're "more harmful" than the clear ones. I always thought they're pretty much the same idea

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i don't need or wear them! i have never heard of them being harmful to your eyes? weird. . . .

Prue
    I have good vision and never needed contacts or glasses, but for a work Christmas party a few years ago I decided it would be fun to wear colored contacts...well putting them in was fine the guy at the eye place did that, the problem arose when I got home and could not get them out - I hate putting anything my eyes (even drops) & could not stick my finger in to take them out! What was I thinking? Eventually I just bit the bullet and pulled them out

As for being more harmful I had never heard that either!

bcteagirl
    That is what would happen to me if I tried to wear contacts

Prue
    I was flipping out! The eye guy told me all this info about contacts being left in overnight and all the problems it can cause, I finally did it because my only alternative was going emerg and I figured that would be really embarassing (not to mention I think I'd have quite a wait if that was my emergency!)

cndlady
    I wear clear ones for the most part and I leave them in for a week at a time as that is the kind they are..I put them in Monday morning and take them out Saturday night toss them in the trash, giving me Sunday w/ glasses to give my eyes a rest.
    When we go out of town or someplace special I will wear colored contact but they come out at the end of the evening and go in the garbage as they are single use contacts.

Junior Canuck i.n.f.i.n.i.t.e.s.i.m.a.l's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never heard anything about them being harmful, but I've never worn contacts either. I've always wanted purple contacts, just don't have the money to spend on something that really isn't needed, lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've never heard about them being harmful..but I wouldn't wear coloured contacts, personally since I've been told I don't need them.

Thread Information