User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Roomba....worth it?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just a note about your Neato avoiding the bathroom. If the door is half closed it won't go in. It has to be completely opened. Also, while it's scanning the room at the beginning, just make sure there's nothing in front of it (like temporarily standing in front of it) or it will avoid the area. The way it works, it scans the room first, then vacuums. So if you move stuff or things comes in front of it, it will avoid the area. I have the neato on in rooms I won't go in or when I'm away. If you have it on in a room where there's a lot of traffic, it will avoid spots.

Also, it shouldn't avoid areas that are dark. It goes under the beds and couch at home. If it's gets stuck it means there too much dirt under it for it to handle. I found it helped to just use a normal vacuum the first time to get rid of the excess of dirt. After that you won't need the normal vacuum.

As for battery life, if you complain to the customer service, they might send you a new one that will last longer.

Hope this helps. Sorry that your Neato is not doing a good job. Mine has been working fine so far.
    vw_girl likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Great tips Jina. I have been running ours every couple days since Christmas. During that time I have been doig a lot of organizing, purging and storage. So there has been bins and boxes constantly appearing and disappearing and moving around LOL! Poor thing must be so confused. It will sometimes skip areas, so I will keep your tips in mind.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had a Roomba for a couple of years. If you run it frequently it keeps everywhere clean. It vacuums under high furniture, like beds, which is a great feature. The extra money spent to get a model that docs itself is well worth it. The only downside is that the dirt collector has to be emptied after each use.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

+1..plus they've come a long way since the first model

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I've had a Roomba for a couple of years. If you run it frequently it keeps everywhere clean. It vacuums under high furniture, like beds, which is a great feature. The extra money spent to get a model that docs itself is well worth it. The only downside is that the dirt collector has to be emptied after each use.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

For those that have it, how do your pets respond to the device? Do they leave it alone/ignore it?
    I would love to get one, but I have a feeling it would give my scardy-dane a heart attack.

wolfwoman likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The battery on mine died fairly early on, very disappointing considering how much I paid for it. I did love it when it worked; I walk around barefoot at home on hardwood floors, it's nice when they're free of crud.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't have pets, so can't say

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    For those that have it, how do your pets respond to the device? Do they leave it alone/ignore it?
    I would love to get one, but I have a feeling it would give my scardy-dane a heart attack.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is expensive But so effective for dog hair!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I liked the ease of the vacuum doing the work for me when I was out of the house :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information