User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Do you take HSR? Schedule Changes & Bus Tracker

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A reminder that buses change to summer schedules next week and the waterfront shuttle will be running

Also HSR released GPS data for the buses and HamiltonTransit.ca have made it public for us
    http://www.hamiltontransit.ca/hsr-bus-tracker/
    Just check the box for your route and it will show you where your bus actually is so you know how late it will be. (It is not 100% accurate to street level, it may be a little bit either way - kinda like your cell GPS when it is on medium level locating)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I intend to look for the upcoming schedules. Tried using the schedule website for July to see if Rymal bus service has expanded hours but no, I did not see later hours. So have to wait for September to get later night and weekend service on that route.

Did see that the Summer Bus News file lists shuttles that will operate for fairs and football games. Good to know!
    http://www.hamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/...NewsSummer.pdf

Saw the news about more Lakeshore GO Train service coming on June 28. http://gotransit.com/public/en/updat...nges.aspx#June
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jun 17th, 2014 at 11:06 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I use HamiltonTransit for upcoming schedules, he tends to have more information (through bugging them for it, yesterday during the fire it took the Mayors office getting involved for HSR to publicly release info on the detour so people knew where to catch a bus)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Schedules are back on Fall timetables beginning August 31. Do let me know if you have seen the new timetables out in GO Station, the Macnab Terminal or elsewhere (like Mohawk College). I would like to get some before the end of the month but don't know if they are even out for commuters to pick up.

http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/...ing_Schedules/

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They were not in the GO as of Wednesday when I got home
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wed/Thurs, the quest will be on to get the revised schedules. Sent an e-mail to HSR about the schedules and missing bus route from the Schedules Link (but the route timetable link is there).

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

With the new app out and google using real time locations of the buses I can't see bothering with keeping schedules with me
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I like to have current schedules on-hand for when I need them. You benefit from of the moment application software; I have no mobile tech. Got word that schedules were just received at GO, Macnab and MTC.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

GO terminal has all of the revised schedules. Had to get the 23-Upper Gage and 44-Rymal schedules there. Macnab terminal has most but not all schedules (no 44 and I think no 10-A-Line) in the racks.

Quite a lineup at GO for HSR, both photos and customer service windows this morning.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    GO terminal has all of the revised schedules. Had to get the 23-Upper Gage and 44-Rymal schedules there. Macnab terminal has most but not all schedules (no 44 and I think no 10-A-Line) in the racks.

Quite a lineup at GO for HSR, both photos and customer service windows this morning.
    End of the month, ppl want their new monthly passes so they don't need to line up on Tuesday morning
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw the March issue of Bus News on board a bus during my trip yesterday. Some bus schedules will change effective Easter Sunday, March 27 plus there are are some bus stop changes to note. https://www.hamilton.ca/hsr-bus-schedules-fares

The new Mohawk College bus terminal will replace the southbound bus stop at West 5th & Fennell Ave for routes 20-A-Line, 21-Upper Kenilworth and 33-Sanatorium. The southbound 35-College stop will be on West 5th street just south of the intersection.

Currently there are new 2015 NOVA buses in training. If those buses (numbers start with 15--) are on your route, be aware that seats on the lower level of the bus automatically fold up. You'll need to pull up the yellow handle on a seat and hold it down while seating yourself. I can see benefits and drawbacks to this new seating style.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For HSR commuters who transfer onto Burlington Transit routes, be aware that New Street construction will result in detours on several BT routes until September. Spotted the news in InsideHalton.com:
    http://www.insidehalton.com/news-sto...arting-monday/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some HSR schedules change on Sunday and the Mohawk College bus terminal becomes active as well.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Next week on April 26, the City of Hamilton will have an afternoon session and an evening session on the Transportation Master Plan (Public Information Centre #4) at City Hall downtown:
    https://www.hamilton.ca/city-plannin...on-master-plan

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metrolinx will own the LRT line when it comes to Hamilton.
    But what is getting my attention is that the use of Presto cards in Hamilton is going to cost the City of Hamilton more-this might be something that regular commuters and best users of Presto need to know:
    "Public expectations are high for more service with low or unchanged fares," acknowledges a Metrolinx presentation to area mayors from March, which also notes fare policies are often used to address "social equity issues." Hamilton, for example, makes special fare accommodations for seniors, youth and low-income residents.
    "It's complex, obviously," said Eisenberger. "Yes, I'd say we have some concerns (on fare integration), but I'm confident we'll work through them."
    Regardless, the privilege of participating in inter-regional transit is about to get pricier.
    That's because Metrolinx has declined to extend the city's contract for the use of Presto cards, which calls for the city to pay a two per cent commission on each fare "tap" until the end of 2016. The agency wants "greater cost sharing" from its partner cities, according to a memo to councillors from city manager Chris Murray, who will report back on prospective negotiations later this year.
    It's unclear how much more Metrolinx expects partner cities to pay, but it's unlikely Hamilton can just opt out. Using Presto is a requirement for most large cities near Toronto to qualify for annual gas tax funding. That's close to $10.7 million in Hamilton.
    http://www.thespec.com/news-story/65...r-in-hamilton/
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:01 AM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information