Trading Score
    0 (0%)

would you be a stay home mom?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

or would you let the hubby take care of that? ^____^

cndlady
    when my daughter had her little one I was the stay at home mom for the first yr while she finished her nursing degree (she had baby on wed and back to class on friday). She now has an awesome daycare lady that Jenna calls nanny and we can all go back to work

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awww what a nice grandma u are!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No kids for me

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm gonna be a stay at home mom xD The fact that I'm having a baby hasn't really hit me yet though..........
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am a SAHM.

Julie Andrews
    I'm a SAHM too.

Prue
    No kids for me, but I think it would be a hard choice. I would love to stay at home, but if I have a career I like it would be tough to decide. Though all my friends who have kids say that once you have them its no choice - you don`t want to be away from that baby for a second

cndlady
    It was a very hard choice for my daughter...but since she was in her last yr of her nursing degree she chose to go right back to school and leave me w/ baby. Also at the time she was a single mom she really need to work. Now she is w/ the baby's father but loves her job and appreciates the time she gets to spend w/ her daughter more when she gets home at the end of day. Having a super daycare provider has made the choice much easier for her too. She has known her daycare provider for ever and she is like an aunt to my daughter and another nanna to Jenna so all is good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a SAHM too!!
    ∂уαмσи∂gιяℓ™

Back online & catching up kdoucette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I stayed home for a year. I am happy working right now as much as I love my munchkin. Ideally I would love to get a half time teaching job.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To those who are SAHM's (or wishing to be)....

think your husband/partner would like to stay at home (and you be the breadwinner)?

Or is everyone content with their assigned roles?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have no children right now.

But if I did I'd probably be a SAHM for the first couple months, but I'd probably need the money, so I'd have to go back to work. If I had the choice I'd only work part time and stay home with my children the rest of the time.

bcteagirl
    If I had kids, I would be a SAHM... I have read enough of the primary literature to know that it is not good for kids, and worse if they are younger, or if it is for more hours a day.

Some of the research published in 'pop' psyc. journals or popular mommy type journals actually mis-represent the studies, which makes me so mad! (One re-interpreting a study showing negative effects as showing positive effects- the opposite of what the author herself said she found). Moms would *want* to know about the negative effects, but people go by the arguement that they have not choice but to put the kid in care and should not be made to feel bad about that. When meta-analyses are done on the actual *good* studies (taking out thhe ones designed to find what they want) it has been shown that even the best university designed daycares are not equal to family care, and can have long term consequences for children (but of course no one has studied very long term yet).

Fewer studies are being done, and people are being bullied as 'anti-daycare' when they cite concerns over misrepresentation of data, or crummy studies. One Dr. sited concerns in a reasonable manner stating that parents should have the right to know, and next thing you know there was a letter calling him a mysognist (spellling?)

Sorry, started off in child psyc. and did a large amount of research into this as it was an interst of mine at the time. It was a during my undergrad so don't have my references to hand out off the top of my head, but they are there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information