User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: SDM optimum RBC mastercard discontinued?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Yes, it does. You get 1% cashback for everything on silver MC.
    2% cashback for shopping at loblaws banner stores and at sdm, 1% for everything else if you have world MC ( black card).
    3% cashback for shopping at loblaws banner stores and at sdm, 1% for everything else if you their wolrd elite MC (again ablack card but it's elite card).

Don't worry about income threshold for this card. Just play the "already a loyal banking customer" card and ask for an upgrade to this elite card.
    You also get 3% cashback for gas fillups at any loblaws banner gas stations, plus 7 cents per litre cashback.

Do you still buy gift cards before your SDM purchases? Do you get 3% on the gift cards you purchase from SDM as well?
    barbis9, macw1960 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sometimes i buy sdm gc before my next transaction and sometimes not. I get 3% cashback on everything i spend at sdm anyway. So sometimes when i have to do a big and complicated grocery shop and there are 2 monkey type kids with me...i dont bother making my life complicated.
    barbis9, macw1960, nalaric and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I received both a bill and new CC from RB on Thursday. My bill has already been switched to cash back and my Optimum RB CC was cancelled. New cards already cut up. I will be using a different CC there now but not sure which one yet.
    barbis9 likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I received both a bill and new CC from RB on Thursday. My bill has already been switched to cash back and my Optimum RB CC was cancelled. New cards already cut up. I will be using a different CC there now but not sure which one yet.
    Did you happen to notice if they were offering a promo rate for the RBC Cash Back card? It's supposed to be 5% for 3 months. I already had a CB card so they gave me 5% on it up to the date my Optimum got discontinued end of September (dates are spread out up to end of November I was told).

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Oct 16th, 2016 at 06:32 AM.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aguskak2 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which card to pick to replace my SDM master card?
    can someone recommend any good ones?
    thanks
    I got a Tangerine CC. Getting 4% CB for 3 months in 3 categories (but only 2 if you don't have a Tang account). I like that CB earned every statement is deposited to my account right away - no minimum.

Silk
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Did you happen to notice if they were offering a promo rate for the RBC Cash Back card? It's supposed to be 5% for 3 months. I already had a CB card so they gave me 5% on it up to the date my Optimum got discontinued end of September (dates are spread out up to end of November I was told). Silk
    I did not see anything like that but I was not credited anything for my purchases.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I did not see anything like that but I was not credited anything for my purchases.
    That's strange... I know there was a lot of confusion and misinfo about the whole process within RBC MC. Even a supervisor had to correct something he had told me earlier in a previous call. But I did get 5% up to the end as promised.

If you have the original letter about the Op MC being discontinued, I think they should have mentioned the bonus on the CB MC in that letter Mine did, but got it wrong because it was the message for someone who didn't already have a CB MC.

Silk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information