User Tag List

Prue
    Lately I have had a lot of freebie links in the forum that won't cut & paste - it gives me the error page cannot be found message. Has anyone else found this?

Boo what I have been doing in these cases is opening the link (it works if I click on it?) and they cutting & pasting from the open window into a new browser window. Will this work or can it still be traced back to the freebie forum?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

the forum automatically shortens the url so that it looks nice

eg. a url like
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzfreebies

will look like
    abcde.....ebies

so if you copy the url it won't work but if you click it will

I can stop this feature but then urls will look so long and ugly and go beyond the regular screen boundaries.

In that case just click on the link. Very very very few companies actually monitor where people are coming from and decide to send or not to send the freebie accordingly

Prue
    Thanks! I was wondering why it only did it for some of them - that explains it

cndlady
    with long URLs I usually open them in one window and then paste them into a different window..this usually works best
    certain sites like mario bedescu have stopped sending to ppl who access from freebies sites and have even asked some sites not to post their site.

Prue
    Yeah thats what I do too!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for super long links like ebay and canadian tire I use works really well to. It still redirects you to the link you are looking for but with less characters. Dont think it would work for cut and paste though. Have you tried to right click and select new tab (firefox users) or new window? Might work.

cheers
    Nothing lasts forever

Thread Information