User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

2 Nights ago I emailed my daughters teachers and principal to let them know of our move date and her last day of school. The following morning I dropped my daughter off at daycare which is located on the same property as the school. While I was on my way out I overheard her am teacher rejoicing with another teacher about my daughter leaving and how happy she was that she isn't around and will be another teachers problem.

Now I know my daughter has some problems, we are trying to pinpoint at this time if it is ADD or something else. But honestly, I don't think the teacher should have said that and kept her personal feelings to herself. I also don't think she meant for me to hear it but I did. So the question is:

Should I email her boss and have her written up or just leave it? My husband doesn't think I should email her boss but I don't think she should get away with this!

I would like some help on this, Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Nothing lasts forever

Julie Andrews
    I'd e-mail her supervisor.
    Clearly she was out of line.

Prue
    I agree with Julie she was out of line.

cndlady
    I think she was WAY out of line and her superviser should be contacted...just remember is she is talking about your child like this where others can here..what is she saying about other children.
    Teachers need to keep these kinds of opinions to themselves. This is the reason some children have trouble all the way through school because of ppl like her that spout off...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cndlady View Post
    I think she was WAY out of line and her superviser should be contacted...just remember is she is talking about your child like this where others can here..what is she saying about other children.
    Teachers need to keep these kinds of opinions to themselves. This is the reason some children have trouble all the way through school because of ppl like her that spout off...
    I agree...who knows who else was around and teacher are obilgated to follow confidentiality agreements with regards to their students as well!!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i think you should complain but wait until the last day when you know for sure that your daughter is not going there anymore

Complaining now and then sending your daughter there the next day is a bad idea

Back online & catching up kdoucette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I have to weigh in on this one. I am a teacher myself. The key thing this teacher did wrong was discuss a child in hearing of others. Was she thinking she was out of hearing of people?

We as teachers do discuss students, and sometimes we need to vent. We learn to choose wisely with whom we discuss students as well as where.

Rather than go to the principal mys suggestion is you go to her directly and express your displeasure/anger, but go in calm. Tell her you overheard the conversation. MOST (not all) teachers would appreciate this tactic rather than complaining right away. If this teacher does not respond to you appropriately and offer a sincere apology, then mention this to the prinicpal.

Just try to remember teachers are human (Wel maybe not to some of the kids!) we make mistakes and have poor judgement calls like everyone else.

bcteagirl
    Good post KD.. I was going to say something similar.. we are none of us perfect... Occasionally I will go to a proff to vent about a badly behaved undergrad in his class, just to vent... I think everyone needs to do that, the point is whether or not they had negative intentions.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Go for it i wouldn't let her get away with it. Thats private business she shouldn't be talking about that! I would write a letter and send it. Writing a letter is way better than writing an e-mail. Do have her written up! She is way out of line!!!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kdoucette View Post
    Well I have to weigh in on this one. I am a teacher myself. The key thing this teacher did wrong was discuss a child in hearing of others. Was she thinking she was out of hearing of people?

We as teachers do discuss students, and sometimes we need to vent. We learn to choose wisely with whom we discuss students as well as where.

Rather than go to the principal mys suggestion is you go to her directly and express your displeasure/anger, but go in calm. Tell her you overheard the conversation. MOST (not all) teachers would appreciate this tactic rather than complaining right away. If this teacher does not respond to you appropriately and offer a sincere apology, then mention this to the prinicpal.

Just try to remember teachers are human (Wel maybe not to some of the kids!) we make mistakes and have poor judgement calls like everyone else.
    I was going to say something close. (not so wonderfully worded of course) haha
    Great post KD

Back online & catching up kdoucette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemykids View Post
    I was going to say something close. (not so wonderfully worded of course) haha
    Great post KD

Thanks ilovemykids and bcteagirl!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should say something.

Perhaps people need to vent...but not in earshot of parents/students. Imagine if your daughter heard the teacher talking this way...or another student who then told your daughter.

I wouldn't let your daughter know of this situation either... I can only see negative implications of telling her of her "non-accomidating" teacher.

The teacher was out of line saying this in the first place, but then saying it where others could hear makes it even worse.

Thread Information