User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Expired
    Ok, so I was at loblaws trying to use more than 1 coupon for Venus $4 but the cashier was reluctant to let me use 4 coupons on 4 items, 1 coupon for each. So, she went to talk to another cashier and than spoke to the supervisor who than came over and refused to let me use all 4 coupons at the same time.

I told her that the store would get the money back and if she really wont let me use all coupons at once than I don't mind paying one per transaction to which she replied that I had to go to 4 different cashiers to do that She told me that if they get audited by the manufacturer than they would not get paid for the coupons. This is the first I have heard of this.

I was soo embarrased as this was on a Friday night and their were people in the line behind me getting impatient so I told her to put through just the one and got out of their as fast as I could!!

I am now reluctant to use more than 1 coupon at a time. I am really confused and I am thinking of writing to P&G about this. I awlays thought that "1 per purchase" meant 1 coupon per item!!!

Please, can someone clarify this for me!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    Last edited by sanny211; Sat, Feb 21st, 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

All stores have a different policy on what one per purchase means and it depends who trained the cashier - but since so many places do let you, either they never audit them (and really what right does a manufacturer have to audit them, that would be up to the CRA for tax purposes or their personal business auditors) or she was misinformed.

If it was my store I would not hand over my receipts of my customer's purchases, who knows how a manufacturer would use it!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh and I was just at Fortinos - they are a Loblaws company - last night and used 3xQuaker 75c coupons and 2xCavendish 50c coupons in one purchase
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    All stores have a different policy on what one per purchase means and it depends who trained the cashier - but since so many places do let you, either they never audit them (and really what right does a manufacturer have to audit them, that would be up to the CRA for tax purposes or their personal business auditors) or she was misinformed.

If it was my store I would not hand over my receipts of my customer's purchases, who knows how a manufacturer would use it!
    Thats what I thought, this is a different Loblaws than the one I usually go to. So, this was a total Surprise to me. I would think that if Some store gets Audited than Its for tax purposes but I was too shocked/embarrased to argue!

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Also, I know that the Manufacturer can ask for evidence of purchase of sufficient stock but thats about all I have heard and I dont think they would be allowed to give receipts to the manufacturers!!!

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

i hate loblaws.i bet she was making up rules on the spot,cuz what she said sounds like BS to me
    Want free giftcards? Use Swagbucks Like Google and Earn Gift cards!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SaiyenBlood

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

i love using coupons, but i hate the way we get treated sometimes when using them. i understand the cashier reading to coupon to check that it is legit and everything because if they accept it and it isnt or something they loose their money, but making up your own rules is stupid. i usually keep a printed copy of the stores coupon policy just to rub it in their face that im not an idiot. why dont the just put it throught, like seriously come on. its not like im steeling or something...im just using a coupon.
    Last edited by cheapskate101; Sat, Feb 21st, 2009 at 07:26 PM.

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate101 View Post
    i love using coupons, but i hate the way we get treated sometimes when using them. i understand the cashier reading to coupon to check that it is legit and everything because if they accept it and it isnt or something they loose their money, but making up your own rules is stupid. i usually keep a printed copy of the stores coupon policy just to rub it in their face that im not an idiot. why dont the just put it throught, like seriously come on. its not like im steeling or something...im just using a coupon.
    I agree with you 100%!!! I only use legitimate coupons, and I still worry about making a scene when I go shop at Different locations than the one's I frequent. Its not like I am using the wrong coupon, seriously, sometimes I wonder if its worth it!!! *sigh*

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It depends on the cashier, some of them just interpret coupon the way they feel like to. If they don't want my business, I can take them else where.

I came across a few times, the cashier just refuse to take coupon when the item is on special, now that is nasty. Other times, believe it or not, the cashier refuse to take coupons just because they don't know how to enter them .

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

I just ask to speak to the manager as soon as they start acting up, i'm not in a hurry, it's their time and the other customers time that they are wasting and when i insist on speaking to the manager, it always goes through even if i have to ask the manager what their coupon policy is and that i will contact the company and find out if they don't know, and i've started to tell people behind me not to get behind me in a lineup when they see me coming lol.

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdylan View Post
    I just ask to speak to the manager as soon as they start acting up, i'm not in a hurry, it's their time and the other customers time that they are wasting and when i insist on speaking to the manager, it always goes through even if i have to ask the manager what their coupon policy is and that i will contact the company and find out if they don't know, and i've started to tell people behind me not to get behind me in a lineup when they see me coming lol.
    the person behind me had already loaded up the belt so I just wasnt going to make a scene!!

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I used 7 buy 10 beechnut babyfood jars save $1 and the cashier had no problem, but the last time I was their the girl that was serving me did and when I asked what there policy was she didn't know she said " I just don't like ringing threw coupons"???? what is that about???? CRAZY

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

The cashiers were just jealous that you had kick ass coupons. And they didn't.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessd View Post
    I used 7 buy 10 beechnut babyfood jars save $1 and the cashier had no problem, but the last time I was their the girl that was serving me did and when I asked what there policy was she didn't know she said " I just don't like ringing threw coupons"???? what is that about???? CRAZY
    Did you do that when the were .33 each when you buy 6? I stocked up on that deal too. I had no problem using my coupons and Fortinos.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah certainly sounds like she just made it up
    ~ ~ ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information