User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

do you buy foods like raw meats, or cooked food or veggies that are sitting in the clearance section or are $1.00 off or half off because it has almost expired?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i wouldn't buy raw meat but like veggie i would only if they still look good!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll buy anything discounted. I've bought raw meat that I throw in the freezer, making it last a good 3 to 4 months longer. Veggies, I've bought, and used that day. Cooked food, I buy all the time discounted, I either eat it after I buy it, or later that day.

Thing is, after the so-called "expiry date", it's good for at least another two to three days! It's a waste of cheap food NOT to buy it.
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No to the raw meat. But I always check out the discount racks for bakery items or veggies and fruit that may still be eatable.
    When a package of muffins is $1 why would I spend nearly $5 for the same thing. Just add a little butter and throw it in the mic. It softens right up! LOL

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Freebie View Post
    I'll buy anything discounted. I've bought raw meat that I throw in the freezer, making it last a good 3 to 4 months longer. Veggies, I've bought, and used that day. Cooked food, I buy all the time discounted, I either eat it after I buy it, or later that day.

Thing is, after the so-called "expiry date", it's good for at least another two to three days! It's a waste of cheap food NOT to buy it.
    lol great answer!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no. Discounted meat tastes different (usually worse) than fresh meat.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    no. Discounted meat tastes different (usually worse) than fresh meat.
    Where do you buy it? For me, at Sobeys, it's never tasted any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDancer View Post
    lol great answer!
    It's an honest one.
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I buy all meat from Dominion.
    I don't buy frozen meat (or meat that was previously frozen) for the same reason.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love to eat, so food is something I don't cut corners with.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah, that might make a difference, as Sobeys is nicer, I find... but I'm also biased for working there...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Depends on what it is...not raw meat..but veggies and other stuff..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is the first place I head in the grocery store, the backery clearance section. Loblaws and Superstore do not seem to mark theirs down as much as Food Basics and No Frills. I also shop at the local flea market on Sunday right before closing time, they will usually give you a great deal, they do not want to have to pack it all up or throw it out.

bcteagirl
    I agree with Young Freebie.. bought a deep freeze for that purpose! (And froze casseroles, and free berries in the summer if you know where to look!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expiry dates arn't always when to use by....sometimes they are "sell by dates"

I ate yoghrt today that was stamped MR 09 07.... so 6 days later... it was totally fine

Meats...well... my family will..and then freeeze it (also our dogs eat raw meats, so the 50% off is a good deal for that!)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

when it comes to meat I'd rather buy high quality meat.
    I buy Master Choice but not Equality and President's Choice but not Noname. I'm very very picky when it comes to meat because bad meat can easily make you sick. Low quality meat makes me feel sick especially brown chicken ewww.

As for Bakery, first thing I do when I enter a grocery store is head towards the Bakery clearance section . 2girlsmom, the A&P and Loblaws I visit have loads of mark downs on bakery whereas Food Basics doesn't so it depends on the location i guess. I live so close to A&P so I end up shopping there almost daily and I leave with crazy bargains. Best time to shop is early in the morning or 2am at night when you get a lot of clearance items. Imagine buying a birthday cake for $6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information