Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree755Likes

Thread: List all current forum bugs you are encountering

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Sorry, no help here. Boo has not replied to my emails about the issues
    No problem. Just don't like testing / trying to use functions on the forum if they are intentionally being restricted, it's a waste of my time. I'll just reduce my forum postings,

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't think they are intentionally restricted as much as it is just broken and they can't fix it or haven't tried to?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think they are intentionally restricted as much as it is just broken and they can't fix it or haven't tried to?
    Since eve of July 25th, I've been unable to access the normal editing functions as previous, as well I continue to experience the log-in/out credential problems which I've experienced since June 3rd. As of July 25th, when editing a post, I no longer see the fonts tool bar. All my texts get mooshed together cause my default colour is "grey". I can't change the colour back to to black (to prevent the mooshing) cause I have no access to the fonts tool bar. I've been using special characters (ie: --) to separate my texts cause I can't do any proper text formatting (ie: new paragraph, bullets, etc). Other things I can't do are - view private message - - send private message - - manage attachment in a post - - view LIKES (it always jumps to VISITOR'S tab) -- Things I am able to do are -- create a post with limited formatting function (like this posting) -- preview a post -- post a post ---- view LIKES given -- view mentions tab -- ) . I'm at a loss on what else I need to do to try and debug this problem. I'm hoping to get this resolved as I will eventually need to have access to the text editor tool bar to update the coupon database of coupons in inserts & Walmart magazines.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have sent Boo several messages about it but no reply. I can edit but can't see anything different in your account that should remove them for you. The only difference is I have mod powers in all forums.
    You could try resetting it from the WYSIWYG editor then back in settings?
    rockco likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@FallenPixels , I accessed this section of the forum and attempted to reset MY PROFILE/ FORUM ACTIONS/GENERAL SETTINGS, but there is no difference in outcome to my profile settings. I don't think the RESET function does anything cause I intentionally changed one of the settings, and after RESET, didn't change back to original settings. Any way you can reset my ID for me? FYI, this is the current settings for some sections of my PROFILE: ON Enhanced Interface – Full WYSIWYG Editing | OFF Basic Editor – A Simple Text Box | OFF Standard Editor – Extra Formatting Controls ***** ON Enhanced Attachment Uploading | OFF Enhanced Attachment Uploading *** ON Show User Customizations | OFF Hide User Customizations

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@FallenPixels today, August 1st, at 3:00pm I continued to experience the same editing problems I reported in this post. At 3:07 pm today, the problem seems to be fixed. These are the items that are now corrected:
    - I see the Text Editor tool bars
    - Formatting works (no longer mooshes together)
    - I can view LIKES received
    - I can view and create private messages
    - I can use the MANAGE ATTACHMENT function

I certainly did not make any changes on my side to correct the problem.

I am currently testing for the older problem reported on June 3th, which was credential problems, where the system keeps logging me in and out, while I'm supposed to be logged into.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@FallenPixels , August 1st 4pm, I am NO LONGER experiencing credential problems. Once I log in, my account stays logged in and I am no longer consistently prompted for my credentials.

Therefore, the problem I reported which started June 3rd, is now FIXED.

Again, I didn't change anything in my environment, so how did these fixes take place?

Any issues uncovered, will be reported as new issues.
    FallenPixels and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Maybe Boo finally read the email & fixed it? I did hit save on your account without changes but that was last night just to see if it would reset whatever the issue was
    KelJo and rockco like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

...thanks to whoever waved the magic wand as my issues with log-in, PM's etc seem to have been resolved as well (fingers crossed, no jinx please )
    rockco likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe Boo finally read the email & fixed it? I did hit save on your account without changes but that was last night just to see if it would reset whatever the issue was
    @FallenPixels , you really should ask for some sort of explanation (if there is one), cause you're always there for us to help us. If they could give you an explanation, more info for your ongoing support to us. Thanks for always being the front-line contact for us.
    walkonby, Anna Michele and KelJo like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    ...thanks to whoever waved the magic wand as my issues with log-in, PM's etc seem to have been resolved as well (fingers crossed, no jinx please )
    It's finally nice to know it wasn't us...
    KelJo likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@FallenPixels , sorry, it's me again. Starting this afternoon, August 10th, I started to experience the intermittent problem of appearing to be logged out, even though I'm still logged in. I have to click various spots on the forum to refresh the page to appear logged in again. Usually when this starts happening, over a period of 2 weeks, I'll probably start to have lots of other credential related problems.

What type of activity am I doing that causes this, and what do they do to fix? I'm anticipating that I'll need another fix soon...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I emailed Boo to let him know but still have not heard back from last time to know if there is a trigger or easy way to fix it myself
    rockco likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@FallenPixels , as of late afternoon, the forum seems corrected. There is no longer lags in credentials as I reported on August 10th (here).

I included you in a copy of a message I received advising of changes made to the forum. Based on the message, I conclude something is done on the servers to "refresh" (or the equivalent of clearing cache). I imagine this should be a normal maintenance activity as preventative measure - not sure if that's how it's viewed by the Server administrator(s). If it's not a regular maintenance activity, the problem will resurface in the future. (I'd love to know what they did to fix...)

Talk to you later.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rockco

Glad you see an issue appears solved for now anyway. I rebuilt the server handling the forum from the ground up, and turned off Cloudflare caching as well (in order to do that, with HTTPS support enabled, I had to rebuild the server for various reasons). While doing this I discovered an AJAX bug in vBulletin that always makes a variable AJAXBASEURL use http instead of https - that I put in a workaround for.

The other, and I don't think it really had anything to do with it, was to turn off Cloudflare for the forum... which is why I am posting now.

I've turned Cloudflare back on (10PM EDT) and would like you to let me know in this thread if any issue resurfaces or not. If it does, I will turn it off again tomorrow after you report back.
    rockco likes this.

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information