• 1 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 2 Post By cyn88canada

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart (ON), Aug 5 - 11

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Aug 12th, 2017
    It's true...so many of the same things show up in the flyer week, after week, after week, after week, after....

....wonder if I can get away with linking to previous flyers to avoid uploading them, in future...?

Next: nada...(thought my house was surrounded by zombies then I realized it's just my neighbours who are stumbling around in the heat wave...ugh!)
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    couponlady, hcao, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

How to maximize store sales on long weekend-have no flyer in effect on Fri Aug. 4, have one day Saturday special sales, and regular prices on Sunday. Saturday will not be short enough for the staff having to brave the customers.

I saw something online related to Loblaws suggesting it will look for costcutting ways including putting self-checkout stations in Shoppers due to upcoming Ontario minimum wage hikes. Not at Shoppers--that will slow down purchases whenever personal offers, coupons or bonus points days with gift card or other incentives are involved. Unless of course, those bonus point days and incentives happen to jump the wage shark too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    How to maximize store sales on long weekend-have no flyer in effect on Fri Aug. 4, have one day Saturday special sales, and regular prices on Sunday. Saturday will not be short enough for the staff having to brave the customers.

I saw something online related to Loblaws suggesting it will look for costcutting ways including putting self-checkout stations in Shoppers due to upcoming Ontario minimum wage hikes. Not at Shoppers--that will slow down purchases whenever personal offers, coupons or bonus points days with gift card or other incentives are involved. Unless of course, those bonus point days and incentives happen to jump the wage shark too.
    One of the shoppers in my city already has 3 self checkouts and they don't function well at all... too close together and they are meant to be express with a limit of ten items
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Ha ha very funny Cyn

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

@cyn88canada can you see the count on this box

Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Aug 1st, 2017 at 06:44 PM.
    momi likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mizmeg View Post
    One of the shoppers in my city already has 3 self checkouts and they don't function well at all... too close together and they are meant to be express with a limit of ten items
    My usual SDM put in three a few weeks ago. While I've only used them once, it worked fine that time, pretty much the same as the ones I've used at Loblaws, WM et al.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@mizmeg and @Arjon -thank you for sharing the self-checkout stories! I assume the self-checkouts still take cash payments? Or are they strictly electronic payment only affairs?
    My local store got renovated last year. I can only foresee the lottery ticket checker and stand being replaced by a self-checkout station and maybe one more next to it by the wall. It is now rare to see more than 1 regular cash checkout open in conjunction with the beauty dept checkout at the front of the store.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    @cyn88canada can you see the count on this box

Whoops, late reply.

Okay, um, Pampers, right?

$25.99 Pampers
    Super Pack Boxed Diapers
    Selected Types & Sizes

The picture has a big 3 in the round green circle area. (3 years?), followed by 88 diaper count. Hope that helps, but I think this is another variable size pricing. (I know nothing of diapers, except to stay...far...away...!)
    Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks as always for posting! Can anyone see the Claritin size (count) on the first page that is priced at $24.99?

Regarding self-check out, they have this at the SDM near my work and there are three of them tightly packed together and if I recall, they only took electronic payments. They were not as weight sensitive as the ones at the grocery store as we had a couple items in our hands that we put right into the bag after scanning. This location still has 3 or 4 other check out lanes with people + the beauty counter. There is such little room that I can't imagine using it for anything other than a couple items. I think that's exactly what they are intended for, the customer who comes in to get a bottle of Advil or some emergency diapers, not someone who is doing a points shop or picking up many more items.
    Last edited by katie333; Wed, Aug 2nd, 2017 at 08:41 AM.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cyn88canada View Post
    Whoops, late reply.

Okay, um, Pampers, right?

$25.99 Pampers
    Super Pack Boxed Diapers
    Selected Types & Sizes

The picture has a big 3 in the round green circle area. (3 years?), followed by 88 diaper count. Hope that helps, but I think this is another variable size pricing. (I know nothing of diapers, except to stay...far...away...!)
    That's perfect tu

Season 40 Winners At War

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    Thanks as always for posting! Can anyone see the Claritin size (count) on the first page that is priced at $24.99?
    Hmm, probably everyone has their paper flyers in hand by now, but just in case you don't:

Claritin: 50's - 70's
    Aerius: 30's - 40's
    Selected types . While quantities last. No rainchecks.

...and, to noone's surprise, I won't be visiting SDM this week...la la la la la....

Thread Information