User Tag List

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree755Likes

Thread: List all current forum bugs you are encountering

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rocko

Any updates to report from your end over the weekend? Interested to hear if the changes have helped.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dataiv View Post
    @rocko

Any updates to report from your end over the weekend? Interested to hear if the changes have helped.
    (it's rockco with a "c") Sorry, took so long to get back to you. Had some weekend roadblocks that impacted my schedule.

On the weekend, I submitted a few posts with a few images uploaded. Everything worked fast & smooth, NO LAGS at all. It's like using a new powerful super speed computer.FANTASTIC job @dataiv !!!!

Today, I was able to upload 3 big items, in this sequence:
    #1 Long table of coupons (this post) - Pasted an data intense excel file
    #2 Smartsource images (this post) - uploaded 16 images
    #3 Redplum images (this post) - uploaded 7 images

These 3 posts were completed between 4:30pm to 5:30pm est. After I completed #1, there was a lag in credentials so I had to refresh by clicking the site at least two times. #2 & #3 also experienced slight lag so a 1-click refresh was required each time I performed a different task.

Since those posts, slight lag. When I click on different forum tabs, I'm not logged in, then click again, and then logged in.

Was something happening on the system from 4:30pm to 5:30pm est? It was like the entire system was slow - but maybe it was just an increase in traffic? Or, maybe it's my gigantic excel post in #1 that clogs by User ID. Will keep you posted.

Thanks so much @dataiv .
    @vbprojects , thanks for your follow-ups.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dataiv
    I should mention that although my User ID is experiencing a lag credentials (probably a result of post #1), the forum is extremely fast as I navigate to various areas, view from multiple tabs. Your changes made a difference. The lag I'm experiencing is unique to my activities cause I think I'm the only user posting mass data from a table.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From 6:00pm to 6:30pm est, the system was slow to respond.

But as I login at 6:40pm, and toggle from forum to forum, my credentials are NOT lagging. And, the response of the system is really fast.

Sometimes you're doing things behind the scene or traffic increases that may cause the lag, so I can't tell if there's a real problem.

As of now, 6:45pm, NO LAG in credentials at all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rockco

Sorry for the typo on rockco ...... I knew it but mistyped it. Thanks for the updates. No additional work was being done, so any slowness experienced would have been temporary traffic increases, or, something else that we don't know about.

When you say "lag in credentials", what does this mean? Do you mean that you show as logged out briefly and then refresh and you are logged back in? If so, I can't say I have experienced that. Is this what you mean?

Also, can you report back in another day or two after you've used the forum a bit again, and let me know if anything else is better or worse? I will disable CloudFlare again now (it's been enabled since Friday night) and I want to see if that helps you, or makes it worse, or no difference at all.

Thanks @rockco .
    rockco likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rockco
    When you say "lag in credentials", what does this mean? Do you mean that you show as logged out briefly and then refresh and you are logged back in? If so, I can't say I have experienced that. Is this what you mean?
    Yes, exactly.

Also, can you report back in another day or two after you've used the forum a bit again, and let me know if anything else is better or worse? I will disable CloudFlare again now (it's been enabled since Friday night) and I want to see if that helps you, or makes it worse, or no difference at all.
    I don't think you should disable CloudFlare, need the protection. With CloudFlare on this weekend, I had absolutely no lag. The lag only begin after I did this massive data post, click here.

About this post...
    I maintain an independent spreadsheet of a list of coupons. The post was created January 2017. I've modified this same post about 25+ times so far, in the same manner.

When updates are required to the post, these are my steps:
    . I delete the entire tables
    . Save post to ensure the old table is gone
    . Copy from my excel (4 columns and usually 170 rows)
    . Paste into the post
    . Modify a few things in the post: titles, column sizes, etc
    . Save post
    . Might do a few more cosmetic fixes
    . Save post

I only started to experience the log-in/log-out status after updating to this post (might be the culprit).

Will monitor and report progress.

edit UPDATE:
    Adding historical information for my reference about ongoing issues
    - January 7, 2017 : Large table post created
    - January 7, 2017 to April 10, 2017 : Table post modified approximately 15 times
    - April 10, 2017 : Started to experience credential lag issues & other problems
    - May 5, 2017 : Prior issues resolved - don't know what fixed issue, but vbprojects & dataiv were involved
    - June 3, 2017 : Starting to experience credential lag issues & other problems (probably related to lag)
    - August 1, 2017 : Prior issues resolved (along with User ID KelJo) - don't know what fixed issue
    - August 10, 2017 : Experience credential lag issues
    - August 18, 2017 : Prior issues resolves (dataiv updated us about forum rebuild on server)
    - August 21, 2017 : Experience lag issue only after updating massive excel data into the existing table post. Table post has been modified approximately 25+ times since it's creation
    Last edited by rockco; Mon, Aug 21st, 2017 at 09:34 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@rockco

Agreed with regard to CloudFlare; ideally I would leave it enabled. However it is worth confirming if it makes any difference to your experiences, because if it does change it (which it shouldn't realistically), then that is something we can probably get solved. I will leave it disabled for a day or two or until you say there is a difference or not.

Thanks!
    rockco likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK with CloudFlare off, the lag in credentials still occurring. Will use the forum in next 48hrs and report back. Off to make a late dinner. Thanks!

edit UPDATE:
    - January 7, 2017 to April 10, 2017 : Table post modified approximately 15 times
    - May 5, 2017 : Prior issues resolved - don't know what fixed issue, but vbprojects & dataiv were involved
    - June 3, 2017 : Starting to experience credential lag issues & other problems (probably related to lag)
    - August 1, 2017 : Prior issues resolved (along with User ID KelJo) - don't know what fixed issue
    - August 18, 2017 : Prior issues resolved (dataiv updated us about forum rebuild on server)
    - August 21, 2017 : Experience lag issue only after updating massive excel data into the existing table post. Table post has been modified approximately 25+ times since it's creation January 7/17
    - August 22, 2017 to ??? : Test with CloudFlare OFF
    Last edited by rockco; Tue, Aug 22nd, 2017 at 01:03 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dataiv
    The lag in credentials continue to occur with CloudFlare OFF. Conclusion, CloudFlare does not negatively impact authentication activities. Proceed to activate CloudFlare.

When I'm logged out of forum:
    The forum site continues to respond at quick speed when navigating.

When I'm logged into the forum:
    - I continue to experience the lag in authentication
    - The lag in frequency has increased and takes more effort (2-3 clicks required) to refresh. Previously, it only required-1 clicks)
    - Regardless whether I'm logged in or out, the forum site continues to respond at quick speed when navigating.

Conclusion:

I had no issues after the August 18th server rebuild and only started to experience issues on August 21st AFTER I manipulated and updated a post with massive table data. Since August 21st, I've been posting text and attachments on the forum, and I believe it's attributed to the increasing lag in authentication (slow to show I'm authenticated, and appears to be logged out until I refresh the page 2-3 times).

Does each User ID have it's own temporary memory (cache aka memory aka clipboard aka temporary space)? It's possible I'm filling up my assigned allotment when I copy & paste this massive table. When you rebuilt the server, you reset & cleared the temporary memory for every User ID. Each user processes a different quantity of content, so over time, each User ID will "fill up" at different times. Each time a User ID reports they cannot LIKE a post or upload an attachment or post an attachment, but it's unlinked, usually means they're having authentication problems or timing out.

In my case, maybe I'm filling up faster cause of the massive table data I process at least 2-3 times a month. In the August 21st date, I replaced & updated large data twice to the same post.

If you check your security activity log, you will notice I intentionally log in and out after performing updates through the day. I never stay logged in. Don't know if that's causing my ID to slow down.

Another clue is that something took place on August 1st which cleared up problems for USER ID KelJo and myself. Whatever that was, it might be something that should occur for all on an ongoing basis?

By the way, reminder, I've been updating this massive data since January 7, 2017. These problems only started after your mid-April upgrade so maybe it requires more temporary space per user to be active on the forum.

- August 18, 2017 : Prior issues resolved (dataiv updated us about forum rebuild on server)
    - August 21, 2017 : Experience lag issue only after updating massive excel data into the existing table post. Table post has been modified approximately 25+ times since it's creation January 7/17
    - August 22, 2017 to August ??, 2017: Test with CloudFlare OFF. Lags continue. Delays in refresh increased. Need 2-3 clicks, instead of 1-clicks to refresh
    - August ??, 2017 : CloudFlare turned ON
    Last edited by rockco; Thu, Aug 24th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dataiv
    Here's a screen capture.

As you will note, my ID rockco is logged in; however, as I attempt to update a post, the credential log in page pops up. I input my credentials and proceed. The credential log-in dialog box pops up each time I perform another task like: preview, save, manage attachment. The # that appears as log-in attempts randomly changes.

Name:  SC Forum Credentials.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  109.5 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey @rockco , thanks for the updates. I have just re-enabled Cloudflare since it didn't help with your issues. For reference it was disabled from the evening of August 21st until now (2pm EDT on the 24th).

When you are doing things not related to editing of that large post, do you have issues or is it generally seem to be related to that? I will give everything a kick now, restart all services, just to see if that makes any difference for you. I really don't understand where these issues come from that you see, but at least we know now it is not Cloudflare. I will do that now.

Also: just switched the VB datastore cache from memcached to xcache to see if that changes anything.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

@rockco when you edit the table, do you switch to see the coding and remove that before replacing? I know that caused issues for Anne last year.
    At one point when she edited, it would crash the forum & mess up her thread because she was copying the old thread each week. The text would be deleted but you would see many lines of bolding & colour code along with Table lines
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

...When you are doing things not related to editing of that large post, do you have issues or is it generally seem to be related to that?....
    It's only after the updating of mass data into a post (of 08/21) that caused my lag problem. The lag in credentials occurs to everything I do
    - Like a post
    - Thumbs up a post
    - View LIKES Receive or Given
    - Access private message
    - create a post, edit a post, preview a post, save a post

By the way, unrelated to lag in credentials, the uploading of attachments is super fast, and easier to do volume. Whatever changes were done to this feature is fantastic.

Will monitor based on the 2 newer changes you made (kickstart & memcache to xcache). [Prior to updating this post, I've previewed this post 5 times, I haven't encountered a lag and I'm not being asked for my credentials - this is a good thing.]

- August 22, 2017 to August 24, 2017: Test with CloudFlare OFF
    INSERT: >>CloudFlare off from August 21st until now (2pm EDT on the 24th) <<. Lags continue. Delays in refresh increased. Need 2-3 clicks, instead of 1-clicks to refresh
    - August 24, 2017 : dataiv made these mods (1) CloudFlare turned ON @ August 24, 2017 2pm EDT (2) switched the VB datastore cache from memcached to xcache (3) kick/restart all services

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    @rockco when you edit the table, do you switch to see the coding and remove that before replacing? I know that caused issues for Anne last year.
    At one point when she edited, it would crash the forum & mess up her thread because she was copying the old thread each week. The text would be deleted but you would see many lines of bolding & colour code along with Table lines
    I've never used the SWITCH TO CODING mode, but will from this point forward (have to figure out how to do). Will look to ensure there's no residual codes - I feel like I'm still in a dos world with these codes.

[Note to self: no lag, no request for credentials... seamless post.]
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is a button near the top left of a post
    It doesn't look like you have as much as the thread that broke the forum but there is some extra code esp in the header part (see the dark slate then 000000 which is black for the same text)
    rockco likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information