• 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By bhlombardy
  • 3 Post By GoJays
  • 2 Post By wolfwoman

Thread: Rushing To Close Elevator Door

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is an office one for me. People who run into an elevator and hit the door close button when they KNOW someone else is behind them and need to get on to. At most just board the elevator and let it close on its own. But running in there and slamming on the button so you get a vip elevator all to yourself is just sad and pathetic. Join me in this rant against common courtesy.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    This is an office one for me. People who run into an elevator and hit the door close button when they KNOW someone else is behind them and need to get on to. At most just board the elevator and let it close on its own. But running in there and slamming on the button so you get a vip elevator all to yourself is just sad and pathetic. Join me in this rant against common courtesy.
    Yup, common courtesy indeed...

Or people who leave their shopping carts in the store parking lot when the cart corral is literally 30 seconds away from their car.

Or the people who leave their full grocery cart at the cashier and go back to pick up more things, when you are waiting with a few items. Do you think they can let you go ahead of them? Nooooo. And they always have their credit/debit card declined and scramble to use another card, holding up the line.
    Ciel, macw1960 and dyalect like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Or the people who leave their full grocery cart at the cashier and go back to pick up more things, when you are waiting with a few items. Do you think they can let you go ahead of them? Nooooo. And they always have their credit/debit card declined and scramble to use another card, holding up the line.
    I've only had that happen once... I pushed their cart aside, looked at the cashier and said "they got out of line"... She smiled, agreed, and started to ring me and the others through.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Aug 29th, 2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've had the elevator one happen to me more times than I can count and I couldn't care less when it does. I hate riding elevators with other people, I'd rather miss it and catch the next one. I've also been on the other end of the elevator one and I feel no remorse whatsoever. It's an elevator - there will be another one along soon enough.
    abbasgirl, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Or just take the stairs if you are physically able to. Better for you, likely less people there and best of all, no buttons for people to push.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just never ever leave someone or something half way into an elevator and walk away. It would not be wise to find out that may be the time the elevator fails to work and jams above or below the floor level.

A hospital worker did that to a new mother on a stretcher in Spain and she did not live when the elevator went partway up.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information