• 3 Post By endi2000
  • 2 Post By lilo0003

Thread: TangerING - Up to 2.75% interest - ends Dec. 31, 2017

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

You may get an e-mail. You may log in to your account and read a message:

This Fall, Rake in Some Savings with a Great Interest Rate
    Earn a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings
    From October 4, 2017 to December 31, 2017 new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s) will earn 2.75%* interest.

The Benefits of Having Options
    With different savings options, you can save for all your different financial goals at your great rate.
    RSP Save for retirement — contributions to your RSP are tax-deductible and tax-deferred.**
    TFSA Your money grows tax-free as long as you stay within your contribution limit.**
    Savings Save as much as you like without having to worry about contribution limits.

How it Works

1. We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) on October 3, 2017 to get your total balances per Account type
    2. From October 4, 2017 to December 31, 2017 you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on October 3, 2017 (up to $500,000 per Account type)
    3. The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate

Disclaimer:
    * 2.75% interest rate Offer is calculated by adding the Bank's current applicable Posted Rate with the Additional Interest rate of 1.75%. The Offer is only applicable to Tangerine Savings Accounts, RSP Savings Accounts and Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts ("Applicable Accounts") from October 4, 2017 to December 31, 2017. A number of the same type of...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Shwa Girl I was told today on the phone that I did receive this offer but CS person said that I would earn interest on ALL the money CURRENTLY in there right now, as well as any new deposits!! That is a new twist isn't it?
    I know previous offers it was always just on any new deposits.

Oh and btw, I have NOT been able to login to tangerine.ca since yesterday....that was the reason I phoned them in the first place. CS person said their new web site is having " teething " problems....sure hope they get it back up and running soon...I just checked now, still not available.

This is what comes up.....

Error

We're sorry for the inconvenience. This function is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Personal Banking Login

Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Oct 4th, 2017 at 05:18 PM.
    barbis9 and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Shwa Girl I was told today on the phone that I did receive this offer but CS person said that I would earn interest on ALL the money CURRENTLY in there right now, as well as any new deposits!! That is a new twist isn't it?
    I know previous offers it was always just on any new deposits.

Oh and btw, I have NOT been able to login to tangerine.ca since yesterday....that was the reason I phoned them in the first place. CS person said their new web site is having " teething " problems....sure hope they get it back up and running soon...I just checked now, still not available.

This is what comes up.....

Error

We're sorry for the inconvenience. This function is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Personal Banking Login
    Glad you got the offer.
    I am wondering if they are doing this because PC Financial is converting to CIBC Simplii
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/422872...anking-canada/
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First time since 2015, tangerine offered me no bonus interest. Very disappointing
    barbis9 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@walkonby if it's all your money that's amazing. I think they caught on to my shell game because my offer is this one where the add up all the deposits to see the increase. I used to just move the money between accounts, but I had all the savings in PC for that incentive so it's now back in tangerine. Still playing my game.
    barbis9, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emma008 View Post
    First time since 2015, tangerine offered me no bonus interest. Very disappointing
    @emma008 , some people call the customer service number and sometimes they give a bonus interest offer
    barbis9 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only joined Tangerine about a year ago because they had better rates than Motive - which had had better rates regularly than Tangerine. So I opened TfSA accounts for both my husband and myself and put in regular amounts to each account every month. We sold a property earlier thisyear and we put those funds into a savings account. So..in September, Tangerine sends my DH an email saying he has qualified for a bonus interest rate. I waited a few weeks and didn't get the same offer. So I called them and advised that one of their competitors had a better interest rate (their regular rate) and I was going to be moving the chunk over to them. The associate did a little digging around and advised they would apply that same rate to that account. I told them that it really was not a nice game they are playing offering a bonus rate to one spouse with all of the same specs on their account as the other spouse...just wrong business practice.
    barbis9, walkonby and lilo0003 like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    I only joined Tangerine about a year ago because they had better rates than Motive - which had had better rates regularly than Tangerine. So I opened TfSA accounts for both my husband and myself and put in regular amounts to each account every month. We sold a property earlier thisyear and we put those funds into a savings account. So..in September, Tangerine sends my DH an email saying he has qualified for a bonus interest rate. I waited a few weeks and didn't get the same offer. So I called them and advised that one of their competitors had a better interest rate (their regular rate) and I was going to be moving the chunk over to them. The associate did a little digging around and advised they would apply that same rate to that account. I told them that it really was not a nice game they are playing offering a bonus rate to one spouse with all of the same specs on their account as the other spouse...just wrong business practice.
    I so agree, they have DH listed as primary on our accounts. Yet I am the one that opened them and I would never have listed him as primary.
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

DUCA Financial Credit Union has 3.15 % interest rate if anyone is interested. DICO insured upto $ 250,000.

If you don't have a Simplii Financial or Tangerine offer, not a bad place to park your money at DUCA.

Thread Information