User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Internet with Teksavvy, Start, etc.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Do NOT use Teksavvy. They are slow and don't have 24/7 support. Use Cogeco. You do not need unlimited like I have. However you can get 275 GBS or less with them on a good speed like say 60 which I have. Also since you don't have or want cable, download Kodi or Free Telly which you can watch on your computer. Free movies and music.
    I actua;lly don't like watching a lot of TV.

I love watching TVO and CBC and not much more. fortunately I get those free OTA
    I don't watch many movies, mostly animated ones with the kids.
    As for music, I don't find much Hard Rock and Metal on streaming services, and I prefer the radio anyhow. Thankfully my favourite radio station is out of ST Catharines, so I am all set! lol
    Hoser, Silk and dededi like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So who did you decide on?
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Thanks for posting! I recently cancelled Bell satellite and got Andriod Kodi box which I'm enjoying! Wish I had seen this discussion earlier as I've learn some new things I didn't know about the speed etc.
    im currently with Bell Internet paying $60 including tax for 5mbps/140GB this is the highest speed they offer in my area I've been researching different offers and packages which some have mentioned already.
    apprecitate the input and information is very helpful!
    Great to hear good things about Teksavvy as they are located here in Chatham Ontario
    I just don't want to buy another modem at the moment but looks like I may have to very soon.
    Bell runs fine but if my adult son visits and uses laptop with Kodi box and me on iPad than
    Kodi box starts freezing up!
    my mom has Teksavvy cable 15 Mbps/400GB and works great but I notice abit slower around 5-8pm.

i just read that Bell is increasing their tv/internet rates in February! So will be making a move soon!
    anisa and Silk like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kodi is awesome. I will ask a friend that has one about why it might be freezing up. You might have to clear the Cache on it and remove stuff that you may not be using on it. With Kodi on PC's a lot of people might run into buffering issues and this might also happen on the box but not as likely. Fortunately I don't have any problems with it on my computer except for the very odd time buffering but not freezing. That isn't a fast download speed at all but you have plenty of bandwidth with Bell BUT if Teksavvy is in your area and you can get what your Mom has then go for it. It is too bad that so many people are in remote areas and can't always get the best speeds. I know a few people like that, that I help and it is brutal when hooking up to their PC and trying to do downloads and updates for them. But it is, what it is. I am surprised that Teksavvy can get better speeds than Bell since Bell is a major company. Interesting.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Teksavvy rents lines from Rogers Bell and Cogeco so their speeds are usually the same
    anisa and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Thanks for posting! I recently cancelled Bell satellite and got Andriod Kodi box which I'm enjoying! Wish I had seen this discussion earlier as I've learn some new things I didn't know about the speed etc.
    im currently with Bell Internet paying $60 including tax for 5mbps/140GB this is the highest speed they offer in my area I've been researching different offers and packages which some have mentioned already.
    Great to hear good things about Teksavvy as they are located here in Chatham Ontario
    I just don't want to buy another modem at the moment but looks like I may have to very soon.
    Bell runs fine but if my adult son visits and uses laptop with Kodi box and me on iPad than
    my mom has Teksavvy cable 15 Mbps/400GB and works great but I notice abit slower around 5-8pm.

i just read that Bell is increasing their tv/internet rates in February! So will be making a move soon!
    While Bell is increasing their Internet rates, TekSavvy decreased theirs starting this month.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/josh-ta...14269202.html: "Unfortunately for Bell customers, the $5 monthly increase on home Internet comes hot on the heels of an unprecedented move from independent Internet service provider (ISP) TekSavvy, who made waves with promises to increase speeds and cut prices by nearly the same amount. And, as promised, their price decreases kicked in Monday to much fanfare."
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Thu, Jan 26th, 2017 at 05:06 AM.
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    While Bell is increasing their Internet rates, TekSavvy decreased theirs starting this month.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/josh-ta...14269202.html: "Unfortunately for Bell customers, the $5 monthly increase on home Internet comes hot on the heels of an unprecedented move from independent Internet service provider (ISP) TekSavvy, who made waves with promises to increase speeds and cut prices by nearly the same amount. And, as promised, their price decreases kicked in Monday to much fanfare."

The Bell increase starts Feb 1st, according to a sympathetic rep.

Silk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love Teksavvy!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a big fan of techsavvy you should definitely sign up!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Any great deals?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    We have Teksavvy and are pretty happy with it so far. DH is happy that the service is comparable to Bell (no outages, people who answer the phone on the rare chance that he might call) and I'm happy that I never call (no price changes, no increases, no unexpected costs, no need to call them to lower our bill, etc.). It's expensive compared to what some pay for internet, but the cost pales in comparison with having to deal with Bell or Rogers. I am SO happy not to have to deal with them anymore. Words cannot express... And you can always give your referral to someone, even if it's years after you signed up. I think it's $1 off each bill, from the time you call onwards. That's quite nice if you refer a few people.
    +1
    Last edited by natalieroi; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 04:47 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there. I am actually facing the same issue right now. Not sure which ISP to sign up with. Did you hear anything about Acanac? I've been told they are quite affordable and flexible.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For those in Nova Scotia, CityWide wholesales Eastlink's internet for half the price of both Eastlink and Bell Aliant, with no download/upload limits, no throttling, and a top tier option with max speed of 100MB down/10MB up for $54.95/month with no contract or connection fee (they supply the model, but you need to supply a router - I use the Google Wifi router). I was paying $92.95 plus tax per month with Bell Aliant for 100/10MB, and then signed up with CityWide....haven't noticed a single problem and I stream everything through Kodi.
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We got a really sweet deal, a month or so ago, with Virgin - lots of bandwidth, lots of download - and speeds seem fine.

Deal is only good for a year but we hear we can probably sign up with the other partner next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNay View Post
    Hi there. I am actually facing the same issue right now. Not sure which ISP to sign up with. Did you hear anything about Acanac? I've been told they are quite affordable and flexible.
    been thinking about it... this seems like a good deal but to get the best deal u must commit to 2 yr deal?...anyone know the penalty fee for canceling?
    https://www.acanac.com/internet-onta...s/Unlimited-B/

Ciel likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information