User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: This week's apocalypse

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's June 24th 2018

The world is going to end on June 24 this year. If doomsday prophecies of the past are anything to go by, you should take absolutely no notice of it.
    Someone has read The Bible really closely, unlike all those other times when it was wrong, this time the world is actually going to end.

Conspiracy theorist Mathieu Jean-Marc Joseph Rodrigue has highlighted a passage in the Book of Revelations as a sign 2018 could be the Earth’s last year.
    The passage reads:
    He was given authority to act for 42 months.
    Rodrigue thinks when the passage is added to the crop harvest and price, it indicates the shocking truth.
    According to the Daily Star, Rodrigue wrote:

I heard a voice in the middle of the four living beings. This is wisdom.
    He who has intelligence can interpret the figure of the beast. It represents the name of a man. His figure is 666.

When added together (not sure how he gets a date out of that), but apparently, the sum indicates the world will end on June 24, 2018.
    I mean, he didn't give any details of how it would happen, but that's just semantics isn't it really?

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

No, the world will not end on Monday 23rd April

Reports that the world will end on Monday are incorrect, according to the man reported to have said the world will end on Monday.
    Numerous news organizations reported this week that the world would be destroyed on 23 April, citing David Meade, a Christian conspiracy theorist who has made a number of incorrect predictions about the end of the world.
    But in an interview with the Guardian, Meade described these reports as “fake news”.
    Meade, who has written 14 books – mostly focused on the end of the world or the mysterious planet Nibiru, thought by some to be on a collision course with Earth –said he does not in fact believe the world will end on 23 April.

Instead Meade believes that the rapture – when Jesus will appear and save his followers but reject the rest – will occur at some point between May and December of this year. He would not be drawn on a specific date.
    But even the rapture will not signify the end of the world, Meade said.
    Meade said the rapture will merely bring in seven years of “tribulation”, followed by 1,000 years of “peace and prosperity”, before the world is destroyed.
    “So the world isn’t ending anytime soon – in our lifetimes, anyway!” Meade said.
    The British newspaper the Daily Express, which regularly cites Meade in news stories about the end of the world, appears to have been the source for the 23 April date. The Express has written more than a dozen stories about the world’s demise in the past week.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Remember it's on 24th June..

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I just wanted to take a moment to say goodbye to everyone. I have really enjoyed my time on this earth, but alas it is coming to an end. May I see you all upstairs soon. May we all go peacefully, no wait, I wanna go kicking and screaming!!!!

Goodbye Earth my Friend!
    Is it baseball season yet?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

July 27th..

Indiana-based pastor Paul Begley preaches outlandish conspiracy theories about the end of the world and links them to the Blood Moon.
    The Christian preacher, who thinks we are currently living in the end times, has interpreted the July 27 lunar eclipse as an apocalyptic sign.
    Mr Begley believes the astronomical event, which happens twice a year, was foretold by the Book of Revelation, Book of Acts and Book of Joel in the Bible.
    The pastor mainly preaches to online audiences and YouTube, where he shares his latest prophetic warnings and apocalyptic scenarios.

In his latest one hour and 27 minute-long sermon, pastor Begley warned the Blood Moon in conjunction with ongoing eruptions, hurricanes and earthquakes is a sign of the apocalypse.
    Mr Begley said: “The world has completely gone insane, alright, plus the apocalyptic events going on right now in the last 24 hours are off the charts.
    “I didn’t know what to name this show, so I named it ‘Prophetic Doomsday Blood Moon causes typhoons, monsoons, volcanoes, wildfires, floods raging, landslides’.
    “It’s just unbelievable – lava flowing, rivers of lava flowing. I just don’t know what to do with this.

“Asteroids, fireballs – It’s off the charts and then we get some kind of creepy clown in Atlanta.
    “A guy went into a waffle house of all places, robbed the people and shot one guy in the neck, which we believe he’s going to survive. Just really weird stuff.
    “And then down in Mexico City some woman was possessed with the Devil on the train and a guy wearing a suit performed an exorcism on her, right there in the train as it’s going down the tracks.
    “I mean what is going on now?”

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It could be December 2019

https://ascienceenthusiast.com/total...jBN2S-V35Hna-A
    Forget your new year’s resolutions and live it up – A totally serious and completely real Biblical prophecy claims that the apocalypse will happen in December 2019, ending life as we know it on Earth once and for all. More specifically, on December 28th. FREAKING FINALLY. It’s about damn time. I’ve been getting pretty tired of all these wannabe apocalypse events that end up falling through. So much promise, so little payoff. And of course, the source for this prophecy is none other than a book about a dude who may or may not have existed ~2000 years ago that was written 75 to 300 years after he died. This piece of breaking news comes from David Montaigne, a guy who has written multiple books about the end times, and bills himself as a historian and “prophecy scholar.” I never thought of a catastrophic apocalypse as being an opportunity to cash in with a bunch of ridiculous books. Maybe he’s on to something here.

Read more at: https://ascienceenthusiast.com/total...jBN2S-V35Hna-A
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bye, good luck!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

We were all concerned about 1999 ending and turning the start of 2000 into some kind of computer nightmare. Candle sales were brisk, as people thought electricity might shut down.
    So 30 years later, we have another worry about the year-end? Time to stockpile rations.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information