• 2 Post By alex78
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By Decaf
  • 1 Post By Linda Evans
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Assaulted at Bramalea City Centre while securities did nothing

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

A woman and a young man cut me in line last Saturday at Bramalea City Centre. When I confronted them, she said nothing intelligible. She yelled, "No say something!" and pushed her hand in my face. WTF? I then tried to speak to the young man. She pushed me back and said, "I here. No say something!" She injured my left shoulder when pulling my arm.

I called the guard and she continued to babble nonsense and continued to assault me in front of the guard for 5 minutes. No one can understand her. But guess what? The young man can speak fluent English but he didn't have the balls to get involve. Turns out the man in front of me was her son. He and his aunt went shopping around and then came and join his cousin here. Why didn't he just explained it before she put her hand on me?

The guard told her to stop hitting me and said he could arrest her. She went postal and said, "I out! You out!" And pulled my arm again and again. I said if I'm leaving the line, his son and nephew should too. She went crazy and said no, they stay and pushed me more. The final decision of the guard was to let them cut me in line because it was easier.

WTF. My complaint was her violence. But he rewarded her for what she wanted for "it's just easier because she isn't going to stop." I was really upset and the guard said he would talk to his colleague to see what he can do. He left to talk to this overweight female guard who was just chatting with someone not 10 feet away from the commotion. He remained there and never "get back" to me as promised.

Few minutes later, I asked, "Excuse me. So you are letting her assault me and cut me in line?" The fat lady guard said, "I didn't see anything. If you are assaulted, you call the police." She continued to mock me, "Call the police. Someone cut me in line. Boohoo..."

WTF?! What is the point of her?

I wrote an official complaint letter to Bramalea City Centre and Paragon Security. I asked these securities to redo their mere 200 hours of training. The reply was that they apologize for the female guard's mocking, she would not be re-posted. And that what they did at the time was the best decision because "it was the less disruptive".

So. Let me get this straight. They did not help me because I was calm and educated. I could articulate and not hitting anyone. So yeah. Punish the civilized person because it is easier.

This is so frustrating. They are rewarding bad behavior. I've lived here for 15 years. I have experienced so much crime since moving to Canada. And I lived in Miami, Shenzhen and Manila! Even the City of Brampton is involved in a lot of shady stuff.

For this holiday season, do your shopping online. If you must go to a mall, avoid Bramalea City Centre because people can cut you in line and hit you and it's completely kosher. OR, if you want to cut people in line to save time, come to Bramalea City Centre. It is the mall just for you.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wonder why you didn't just walk away instead of standing there and take the abuse...
    barbis9 and Cata like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I would've called the police. There must be plenty of witnesses. I would accuse the security of doing nothing and had the woman arrested for assault.
    barbis9, Poirot and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What was the point of saying this "The fat lady guard said"

What her physical appearance has to do with anything is
    irrelevant. That shows your character isn't exactly stellar either. Just sayin'.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    What was the point of saying this "The fat lady guard said"

What her physical appearance has to do with anything is
    irrelevant. That shows your character isn't exactly stellar either. Just sayin'.
    Agreed.
    barbis9 and Darth Penguin like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Crazy people are everywhere. Mall security is useless in my opinion. The police should have been called.

So sorry this happened to you.
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I would've called the police. There must be plenty of witnesses. I would accuse the security of doing nothing and had the woman arrested for assault.
    Agreed! OP should have called the police, that will at least teach her it's not okay to put her hand on someone. Mall security should be called too so they can provide video evidence to the police.
    barbis9 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    A woman and a young man cut me in line last Saturday at Bramalea City Centre. When I confronted them, she said nothing intelligible. She yelled, "No say something!" and pushed her hand in my face. WTF? I then tried to speak to the young man. She pushed me back and said, "I here. No say something!" She injured my left shoulder when pulling my arm.

I called the guard and she continued to babble nonsense and continued to assault me in front of the guard for 5 minutes. No one can understand her. But guess what? The young man can speak fluent English but he didn't have the balls to get involve. Turns out the man in front of me was her son. He and his aunt went shopping around and then came and join his cousin here. Why didn't he just explained it before she put her hand on me?

The guard told her to stop hitting me and said he could arrest her. She went postal and said, "I out! You out!" And pulled my arm again and again. I said if I'm leaving the line, his son and nephew should too. She went crazy and said no, they stay and pushed me more. The final decision of the guard was to let them cut me in line because it was easier.

WTF. My complaint was her violence. But he rewarded her for what she wanted for "it's just easier because she isn't going to stop." I was really upset and the guard said he would talk to his colleague to see what he can do. He left to talk to this overweight female guard who was just chatting with someone not 10 feet away from the commotion. He remained there and never "get back" to me as promised.

Few minutes later, I asked, "Excuse me. So you are letting her assault me and cut me in line?" The fat lady guard said, "I didn't see anything. If you are assaulted, you call the police." She continued to mock me, "Call the police. Someone cut me in line. Boohoo..."

WTF?! What is the point of her?

I wrote an official complaint letter to Bramalea City Centre and Paragon Security. I asked these securities to redo their mere 200 hours of training. The reply was that they apologize for the female guard's mocking, she would not be re-posted. And that what they did at the time was the best decision because "it was the less disruptive".

So. Let me get this straight. They did not help me because I was calm and educated. I could articulate and not hitting anyone. So yeah. Punish the civilized person because it is easier.

This is so frustrating. They are rewarding bad behavior. I've lived here for 15 years. I have experienced so much crime since moving to Canada. And I lived in Miami, Shenzhen and Manila! Even the City of Brampton is involved in a lot of shady stuff.

For this holiday season, do your shopping online. If you must go to a mall, avoid Bramalea City Centre because people can cut you in line and hit you and it's completely kosher. OR, if you want to cut people in line to save time, come to Bramalea City Centre. It is the mall just for you.
    >>

best you can do is call them out and shame them. or.. just cut right in front of them. one good deed.

i have had this happen numerous times over summer and all you can do is be just as cruddy. worst part is she was there with her kid which teaches them this same trash behavior.

mall security needs to do their jobs but for minimum wage what do you expect. if they touch or assault you call cops right away and make sure you have witnesses or record on your phone. they will definitely leave when cops show up. and be taught a lesson.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

cut in front of her!! wth??
    GoJays likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The security guards are just minimum wage employees. They are not going to risk their lives and neither do they have the authority to do lot of things.

Best thing to do is call the cops and let them deal with it. Lot of psychos and mentally ill people out there. Best is to remain calm and walk away and to call the cops. Let them deal with it. Not worth getting involved with these people, you never know when someone will stab you or shoot you or something. Things escalate and get violent very quickly thesedays.
    Poirot, GoJays and Linda Evans like this.

Thread Information