Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lapis12
  • 1 Post By EvilTofu

Thread: Water Softener

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have any good tips on where to buy the best (and cheapest) water softener?

It would help out a lot!
    Thanks,
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At one point there was a water softener in my basement, but for an unknown reason it was taken out. I am on a well and septic; water is fairly hard, measured at 250 ppm (15(gpg).

I would like to add a water softener again, but the choices and info at local stores such as Lowes, Menards, Sears, etc leaves something to be desired.

The house has a kitchen and three bathrooms, but at present only me living in it. Gas water heater. No dishwashers or whirlpools, though I do shower daily, sometimes more in summer.

Any comments from knowledgeable people about brands known for quality, features or other issues to look for are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Bella

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

try on Amazon.ca.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Search on online store

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am using a reverse osmosis system in my home do you guys can help me in understanding the difference in between water softener and reverse osmosis system
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You have to consider upfront cost and recurring cost. The cheap ones often cost less up front, but refills will cost you in the long run. It really depends on how long you will live in that house.

Besides, I have experience with the cheap ones and its infuriating non-existing customer service.

I really hate Envirogard/Rainfresh. Being Canadian, their products are cheaper but they have terrible customer service. I received a lemon and was leaking for weeks. They don't actually have a customer service department. It was just one intern reading from the FAQ, asking you stupid questions over and over. "Maybe you need to clean it. Maybe it's dirty." Just told you I bought it last week! After calling and calling without any solution. They told me to send pictures to the customer service. She did not reply while the leaking continuous. I would call, and she's at lunch for 3 hours. Then call back at 4 pm and she's done for the day. It went on for another week. Then she said she didn't get my email and ask I send it again.

You see, I sent her photos using different email accounts. In the end, she replied to the first email within 10 minutes of asking me to send a new email. She was lying about not getting them to buy time. Turns out I received a lemon. The production master was able to identify it immediately. I had to shut off the water at night and when I'm not home. Buckets and buckets... for weeks. Just because this woman could not take 10 minutes to deal with my email. I was upset and confronted her. She then replied this long annoying combative email, immediately, about how she is very very busy doing logistic and stuff, she has many many duties, other customers are always happy... Such a stupid person. She has revealed that they don't have a customer service department, she's incompetent in her duties and customers are not a priority.

I complained to the top. The boss called to apologize for the lemon (but not for the stupid woman) and said they would courier a new one immediately. At that point, I was fed up, returned it to the store and bought a more expensive American brand. I thought I would still take this free item from them as an apology, maybe sell it on eBay. But it never came. The next day, the boss sent me an email saying my problem was probably because my water pressure was too high. WTF? Their production master had already identified the item was a lemon! He said the part was warp. Besides, my water pressure is 40 psi. The manual says the upper limit is 100 psi. They just made up an excuse not to send me the apology. He never replied again.

What is the point to have 5 years warranty but no one will honor it? Avoid Envirogard at all cost. How cheap can you be if you can't hire customer service, and you can't even send a free product when you screw up? It makes you think they cut cost at every level!
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

try to walmart

Thread Information