User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your ISP

Julie Andrews
    Are you happy with your internet service provider?
    Which company do you use?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not happy with Alinet, as they are too damn slow for my liking. I don't like waiting.
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

LOL I'm the same way.
    I use sympatico high speed. I like them enough I guess.

IreneWpg
    I use Shaw High Speed. I am quite happy with them. Their service is exceptional.

Prue
    I use Rogers and most of the time I'm pretty happy with it. I was not too thrilled when they tried to throttle torrents but other than that not bad!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use Sympatico High Speed.

It's pretty good, except we had to fight them forever to get our internet bill on our phone bill. It would never let us, saying we couldn't for some reason. Grr...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I use Bell Sympatico High Speed and I'm very satisfied with the service

How much do you pay for your Sympatico high speed?
    $29.99/month here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What!
    Why... why is it so darn cheap?
    We pay like $48 a month or around here.
    Hmm... I feel I'm being ripped off.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm with eastlink. Bundel is $115/ month for cabel, internet, and phone- with all features.

I was remembering when we would get all warm and excited when dial up was new. I would sit for more than a minute waiting for a picture to load hahaha..

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemykids View Post
    What!
    Why... why is it so darn cheap?
    We pay like $48 a month or around here.
    Hmm... I feel I'm being ripped off.
    We sign up for 1 year contracts
    If you phone and tell them that your friends are getting it for $29.99 and you're feeling that they're ripping you off and that you've been a loyal customer and "politely" threaten to cancel they will offer the service for $29.99.

The lowest contract they have is for $34.99 so they will send out 2 emails: one for a $34.99 1 year contract and another for $5 off each month

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I pay like $45 a month. I definitely need to phone them. I'm gonna be done school soon (which means no job) so money's gonna be super tight, but I'm not giving up my beautiful highspeed. I'd definitely rather get rid of my cable.

Julie Andrews
    I use Rogers and I'm quite happy with them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you phone and tell them that your friends are getting it for $29.99 and you're feeling that they're ripping you off and that you've been a loyal customer and "politely" threaten to cancel they will offer the service for $29.99.

The lowest contract they have is for $34.99 so they will send out 2 emails: one for a $34.99 1 year contract and another for $5 off each month
    Yup, that's how I did it too. I had a discount of 15% off $44.95 on a month to month basis for 6 years. I guess that sort of gave 'leverage' as I didn't have to argue to get the new price.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

Do you have the full bandwidth being that cheap? (30GB of download/upload per month)

I'm going to definatly look into that. I thought that when you post a price for a product... that's the price... So how do they determine who gets what package price?
    I understand the "introductory" pricing. However I thought that was for the first three months.
    How do they select who gets to keep the cheaper pricing for a longer amount of time. It doesn't seem fair playing to me.
    Had Julie not made this post. I'd never know or think about doing that. (thx Boo).
    Companies just irritate me.
    (please excuse the spelling. )

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Do you have the full bandwidth being that cheap? (30GB of download/upload per month)
    Yes, the same "high speed" which used to be unlimited downloads and uploads. Now it's 30GB I think although they don't enforce this rule on old subscribers

I'm going to definatly look into that. I thought that when you post a price for a product... that's the price... So how do they determine who gets what package price?
    They will keep reducing their price until they convince you to subscribe to their service.

I understand the "introductory" pricing. However I thought that was for the first three months.
    had this service for years now. I renew the contract every year for that same price.

How do they select who gets to keep the cheaper pricing for a longer amount of time. It doesn't seem fair playing to me.
    Had Julie not made this post. I'd never know or think about doing that. (thx Boo).
    Companies just irritate me.
    (please excuse the spelling. )
    c'est la vie

my uncle had the same problem (he was paying $20 more than i am and he was getting the exact same service ) I told him to do the following and it worked like a charm:

If you want to get a better price don't bother phoning the regular customer service... they will do nothing. Phone the retentions department. The retentions people are trained to be as nice as possible and do anything to avoid losing a paying customer. They have the best deals.. you won't believe how far they'll go to avoid losing you. They gave my uncle the same offer i get now and they also changed his dsl modem to a wireless modem/router! for free!

So here's what you need to do:

phone 310-surf
    choose "cancel service" (don't worry it won't get canceled. they'll just forward you to the retentions department).

Talk to the person and tell him/her that you're disappointed that after all these years simpatico "betrayed" you and made you pay over $20 more each month than others. They will say no this is for new subscribers only. Tell them that your friend pays $29.99/month for the exact same service. Say this very very confidently. To even prove it to them tell them that you send him two emails for the contract: one for $34.99 (since this is the lowest contract they have) and then a second email for $5 off each month.

excuse my grammar i typed this in quickly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information