User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Benefits ; Payment Dates - For Year 2020.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    https://www.preetbanerjee.com/covid19-calculator

Preet Banerjee has a very good calculator for calculating the various Covid relatwd benefits you might get based on your income and circumstances.
    If you have made $ 5,000 in 2019 and lost your job due to Covid you will qualify for CERB.

Actually it's from the day of application for CERB, so even income made this year will come in the $ 5,000 required income.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If you’re locked out of CRA - My Account, the quickest way to apply for CERB is to use the automated phone service: 1-800-959-2019.

Before you call, make sure you have your social insurance number (SIN) and your postal code
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Weird even HIGH income earners got the SPECIAL April 9, HST credit of $ 290 for Single or $580 for Couple.

These are people who otherwise have never Received quarterly HST credits before.

Like last 2-3 years due to high income and even next year due to high income, they were not going to get quarterly HST credit. But they have got this special ONE time HST - 1 year combined credit.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Apr 10th, 2020 at 12:53 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My credit must have landed sometime after 8am today. It was not visible after 12:00am when I took a look at my bank account.
    Late last night, I tried to access CRA My Account login and I saw a pop-up window asking if it was my day to apply for CERB. Took that as a sign the system was not ready for casual check-ins to see if the money had been paid yet.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They better top up OTB, GIS, ODSP, CPP disability due to Covid as expenses have gone up and these programs don't pay much in the first place, especially for disabled people and low income seniors.
    Purdee, Ciel and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

They better top up OTB, GIS, ODSP, CPP disability due to Covid as expenses have gone up and these programs don't pay much in the first place, especially for disabled people and low income seniors.
    Think elected politicians ought to hear from their constituents via e-mails and phone calls to get the points across.

Article online- about Dundas seniors, still fuming over closure of one of two local Metro stores, who are finding it harder to shop due to lineups outside of the remaining store and not finding everything in one trip, let alone the online ordering options at various stores are backed up. That's just the seniors that still drive.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Think elected politicians ought to hear from their constituents via e-mails and phone calls to get the points across.

Article online- about Dundas seniors, still fuming over closure of one of two local Metro stores, who are finding it harder to shop due to lineups outside of the remaining store and not finding everything in one trip, let alone the online ordering options at various stores are backed up. That's just the seniors that still drive.
    Public transit lot of side street and smaller street routes have been cancelled. Only some major routes that to with reduced frequency and reduced seats (due to social distancing remains)

Prices have definitely gone up in grocery stores and selection is half as before.

Sale prices, coupons, price matching is pretty much over or looked down upon. Don't really blame the cashiers as they are risking their life everyday for 2 bucks an hour more!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have noticed some prices on personal care items are at least 50 cents higher during this quarantine period.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone know what this is about-were they supposed to get it? My brother called and he said they got it but we did not.

Weird even HIGH income earners got the SPECIAL April 9, HST credit of $ 290 for Single or $580 for Couple.

These are people who otherwise have never Received quarterly HST credits before.

Like last 2-3 years due to high income and even next year due to high income, they were not going to get quarterly HST credit. But they have got this special ONE time HST - 1 year combined credit.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my husband and i both work. we only have 1 under 18 at home so tax wise... we dont get the hst credit. we did get the bonus one... at 6.00 something. seriously it was under 7.00 so .. yea.. BTW - my under 18 turns 18 in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Does anyone know what this is about-were they supposed to get it? My brother called and he said they got it but we did not.

Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Check your My Account - CRA

The special HST/GST credit is already showing up for April 9, 2020.

This is Extra and above the regular HST payment you are getting on April 3, 2020.

April 9 payment is that special Covid 19 relief payment.

My Account then
    Benefits and Credits then
    GST/HST then click on
    Payments

You will see it there. Only eligible low income people who get regular HST quarterly payment will get it. So not everyone will get this special payment.
    Not sure how the Government figured out who is qualify. My older DD got it and my younger DD did not get any of the Covid 19 GST of $290.00
    Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Not sure how the Government figured out who is qualify. My older DD got it and my younger DD did not get any of the Covid 19 GST of $290.00
    I know a couple who make $ 85,000 - combined Income for both of them put together.

They got $ 580 on April 9! They have never received anything related to HST credit before. Nothing on April 3 or anything before that.

Their income is way over the HST qtrly credit, yet they got the $ 580 for some reason.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Public transit lot of side street and smaller street routes have been cancelled. Only some major routes that to with reduced frequency and reduced seats (due to social distancing remains)

Prices have definitely gone up in grocery stores and selection is half as before.

Sale prices, coupons, price matching is pretty much over or looked down upon. Don't really blame the cashiers as they are risking their life everyday for 2 bucks an hour more!
    For a senior taking public transit, grocery buying can literally be a 4 hour adventure in Spring rain with reduced bus frequency, cancelled routes, social distancing, lineup at grocery store letting only few people in at a time etc.

2 hours going and 2 hours coming back!
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I know a couple who make $ 85,000 - combined Income for both of them put together.

They got $ 580 on April 9! They have never received anything related to HST credit before. Nothing on April 3 or anything before that.

Their income is way over the HST qtrly credit, yet they got the $ 580 for some reason.
    Myself and DH never get GST/HST . My younger DD is in University and is unemployed so no income and she did not received the $290.00
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@flemeth Did your younger daughter get GST credits based on her 2018 tax return? If she did, then she would have been eligible for the April 9 special GST benefit (the $290 equals what I got in the past 4 quarters for GST based on my 2018 return).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information