User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Heres my chapters in store review.

chapters has a great and awesome selections on books, especially when you go to one of their major stores. The store in Richmond, BC is just totally great. The store there is HUGE, theres a hugh selection of books, so whatever your interest is, its there. I find their prices really cheap, its even cheaper if you get a membership, i havent had any problems with them, its my usual book shopping store for all my needs. There customer service is great, they would help me find books, scan prices for me, once i had a section of books which i wanted but i had a limit, so i asked to scan all of them, the cashier kindly said, ok and without complaining, scanned ALL of my books so i knew the prices of them. Would be better if they had more people to walk around and help out, especially at such a big store.

The Chapters irewards membership offers an added 10% off all books. IF you shop alot this is worth getting, its 25$ though so if you do buy books often get one to save more money.

Ratings:
    Prices : 9/10
    Service: 9/10 would be better if there was more people to help you find books.
    Quality: 10/10

chapters/Indigo online store:

Just as good as the Chapters instore but its online obviously. I would say i like this option more as its more convenient, sometimes the prices are cheaper than instore. All the membership stuff still applies, sometimes theres certain discounts online only which i like. the shipping is usually really fast to me, with 2 days after i place order i would receive my package in EXCELLENT condition. One thing i really dont like about it is the shipping, it costed quite a bit around $10 per item. But if you order over $39 its free shipping And dont forget the cashback too, its like an added bonus to all this.

The specials online happen quite often, a week each or so, just sign up for the chapters mail and you'll know.

Rating:
    Prices 9.5/10
    Service : 8/10
    Time to ship: 9/10
    Packaging : 10/10

If you want a more convient way to shop, chose online store, but if you actually want to read more of the book and spend some time outside, go out and find a chapters store, its really quiet there just like a library
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore
    Last edited by 999asd; Fri, Mar 20th, 2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: adding more.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 999asd View Post
    but if you actually want to read more of the book and spend some time outside, go out and find a chapters store, its really quiet there just like a library
    I worked at Chapters for a couple of years. Obviously yours is nothing like mine in the quiet department. We have a Thomas the Tank Engine Train in the kids section .... parents tend to leave their children there unattended while they shopped on the other side of the store. TROUBLE!! I begged the manager to let me put up a sign "unattended children will be given chocolate and a puppy"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Chapters hides the kids section at the back, unfortunately near the romantic/erotic fiction. Always fun to see the kids pulling them off the shelf.

I figure the kids should just be rounded up and sent to the nearby police station where the Mum can claim and explain why she left little Tyler unattended for 20+ minutes while she had her late in the Starbucks.

I love the on-line service. Very easy to spend $39 and get free shipping.

Thread Information