User Tag List

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

Swiss Chalet
    Heartland Town Centre
    Mississauga, ON
    I will never go back to this Swiss Chalet again. Please read below to see why I would not recommend this location.
    Visit #1 (approx 3 months ago).
    I ordered the Chicken Club Wrap as always. While I was eating, there was a small bone in the chicken that I bit down on (not seeing or feeling it) and it sliced the top of my mouth. I called over the supervisor on duty (as there was no manager) and they said oh that’s too bad, we will tell our kitchen to watch it. Nevertheless I stopped eating it as my mouth was cut and bleeding. It took over 1 week for my mouth to heal, I even visited my dentist because it got infected. I contacted the head office and all they said is "that happens sometimes". You would think they were more sympathatic with bones, it was small enough someone could of easily choken on it. Then my husband found a short black hair in his chicken sandwich. We both have blond hair so its hard to blame it on us. My husband spoke to the supervisor and all he could say was "we wear hairnets so it couldn’t of been us" - ummm hello? Nevertheless we had to pay for food we didn’t eat and were disgusted.
    Visit #2 (6 weeks ago)
    We went back to this location as its closest to our house. Here is what we ordered:
    My meal: Chicken Club Wrap
    My Husbands Meal: Chicken Quesadilla, only chicken and cheese (he hates onions and peppers).
    The waitress kept ignoring us and it took us 10 minutes to get drinks (which is very rare for swiss chalet). My husbands meal comes and the Quasadllla only has chicken and cheese in it BUT they piled about 2 scoops of onions and peppers on top and in the middle of the two Quasedillas. He immediately asked the waitress why this came like it when he asked for it without, she said you didn’t say you didn’t want any on it…No where on the menu or the picture does it show this on top of the Quasedilla. We have visited many many times ordering this and never ONCE got it on top.
    Then as I was eating my meal, sure enough another bone in the wrap, this time it was large enough I caught it as I was biting. I mentioned it to the manager on duty in passing and they just said oh okay. I didn’t hve the energy to make a deal of it.
    Visit # 3 (last week)
    We went back brining my sister as well.
    Our order: Quarter Chicken, Salad, Chalet Dressing
    My husband & sister both ordered Chicken Quesadilla, no onions or peppers at all.
    So the waitress that served us on Visit #2 started her shift when we came in and just kept staring at us from behind the bar and then started talking to our waitress. Being paranoid from the stare, I had a feeling they were talking about us. Then, the meals came…both Quesadillas full of onions and peppers on top. My husband and sister both asked why would we ask for no onions or peppers and still get them, she said well I thought you just meant inside (call it as you wll but that’s dumb). So my husband just said "what if I had an allergy to either of these items" and she started laughing, rolling her eyes and said "right". That did not sit well with me because I do have a family member who is deathly allergic to bell peppers. I made a comment that allergies are no laughing matter, how would you feel if he had an allergy and died here because you thought it was a joke, I said you could be sued, you should take it seriously. Nevertheless, there was no allergy but said it as a point to the young waitress. Then the waitress said "well my friend over there behind the bar says you had the same problem last time"….Now that really got me fired up. I immediately asked for the manager. My husband and sister (who are both quite mouthy) I asked not to say anything because they would blow up that I would handle it.
    I explained to the manager. Under no circumstances if you are talking behind customers backs do you ever tell the customer that first off, second why cant they get orders right, and then they laugh to your face about it. This time the manager was quite nice and listened to us, but I mean to what extent was any further action taken. Im sorry to say but it appears that the "older" ladies who work at this location are fabulous and care about their jobs. These two "young" girls could care less.
    I refuse to go to this location again, even for take - out…..I will still go to Swiss Chalet I will just not support that location.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

sigh ...
    good grief
    well i'll never be going back there that's for sure!

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

OMG such horrible experince not once twice but thrice ! its ridiculous.
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

yeah THREE times?
    that would be it for me no CHANCE i'd ever go back.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i love swiss chalet but will never go back there...and its sad because the "older" females that serve there are amazing! its appears its mostly the young ones with attitude who are the problem, they just are not understanding serving customers or being rude.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Swiss Chalet is one of our favourite places to go. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would be upset too and don't blame you for speaking up. The chicken wrap and quesadilla are my favorite dishes to order too. I've gone to that location (mostly weekends) a few times and didn't have any issues. Maybe go at a different time or visit another location, there is one on Hurontario by Toys r Us.
    Head Office should of atleast given you a free meal or something.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had an issue with an absolutely DISGUSTING washroom at a Swiss Chalet in Etobicoke and sent an email to head office in January. I'm still waiting for a reply. Not even an acknowledgement that they received it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I will not go back to the location I had a bad experience at but I have been to other locations and they are OK.

It's too bad they don't take complaints seriously. At least we have SC to spread the word.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Applepie View Post
    Swiss Chalet is one of our favourite places to go. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would be upset too and don't blame you for speaking up. The chicken wrap and quesadilla are my favorite dishes to order too. I've gone to that location (mostly weekends) a few times and didn't have any issues. Maybe go at a different time or visit another location, there is one on Hurontario by Toys r Us.
    Head Office should of atleast given you a free meal or something.

I agree with you. I have been there at least 20-30 other times in the past two years with no issues at all. It was only the last couple times and unfortunately those will be the last. I love swiss chalet so I wont stop eating there unless these issues reoccur elsewhere. I was a little upset they didnt bring back there creamy chicken soup this year though (it was so delicious)!

Thread Information