User Tag List

View Poll Results: New Threads - A Link only or with brief info? What do you prefer?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • A link is okay

2 33.33%
  • A link plus brief info is better

4 66.67%
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm new to the community & not sure whether someone has asked the same question in the past, or if I should post this in this section.

When I post a new thread, for freebies or a contest, I just wonder whether the majority members would just like to click the link I provide in the post, or they would like to have a little more info about how to enter, eligibility to enter, end date of contest/offer (which I do see in many posts). As a "reader", I would like to have a little details than simply a link to search for the info myself.

What do you think?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

the more info you post the merrier

but sometimes one is in a hurry and has other things to do in life so posting the link only is perfectly fine (definetely better than not posting it at all).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I almost always post a link with brief info, but I don't care between the two, sadly. Either work.
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

bcteagirl
    To me it depends if it self evident or not... for example if I post a win a set of mystery books with the date in title, I may only post the link.. if people are intersted in mystery books, they can see the titles there... Simply because I am in a hurry.. If it is something that is not as self evident, then I tend to post more information.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

For contests, I copy and paste some info about eligibility (Canada with/without Quebec) and entry rules (daily, once only, weekly, etc.).

For freebies, I check the company's location and post info to that effect.

It depends on how much time you have to look up the info and how you feel it will benefit others reading your thread. Also helpful in avoiding reposting the same info twice (REPOSTS)

Personally, I find threads with little/no info very frustrating.

Thread Information