User Tag List

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I was able to combine a coupon and a sale at Giant Tiger to try this for a little over $1. Regular price is about $3.50 a bag. I went with the lemon chicken flavour. It was just okay, the flavour was nice but nothing special. There was a decent amount of chicken although the pieces are much smaller than they appear on the bag. The nutritional info says that the entire bag is one serving but it was way too much for me to eat at one sitting. The biggest problem I had with it is the amount of sodium. One serving has 50% of your daily sodium.

It is cooked in the microwave and ready in 2 minutes.

I give it 3 out of 5. After trying it I can safely say I would not pay full price for it, it's just not worth it.

Flavours available: Lemon Chicken, Roasted Chicken and Wild Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, Mexican Style Beef, Grilled Chicken and Portobello Mushroom, Santa Fe Style Chicken

Nutritional Info for Lemon Chicken
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 250 g(1 pkg) <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2"><hr color="black" size="7"></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" class="facts_main">Amount per Serving</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2"><hr color="black" size="1"></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" width="100%"> <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="left">Calories 390</td> <td style="font-size: 9px;" align="right">Calories from Fat 45</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2"><hr color="black" size="6"></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" align="right">% Daily Value *</td></tr> <tr><td>Total Fat 5g</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">8%</td></tr> <tr><td> Saturated Fat 0.5g</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">2%</td></tr> <tr><td>Cholesterol 10mg</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">3%</td></tr> <tr><td>Sodium 1210mg</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">50%</td></tr> <tr><td class="facts_main">Potassium 560mg</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">16%</td></tr> <tr><td>Total Carbohydrate 73g</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">24%</td></tr> <tr><td> Dietary Fiber 3g</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">12%</td></tr> <tr><td> Sugars 3g</td></tr> <tr><td>Protein 12g</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">24%</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2"><hr color="black" size="7"></td></tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td>Vitamin A</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">10%</td></tr> <tr><td>Calcium</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">10%</td></tr> <tr><td>Iron</td><td class="facts_main" align="right">2%</td></tr> </tbody></table> <hr color="black">

Nutritional info for the other flavours can be found here: http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/uncle-bens-bistro-express-entree
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger
    Last edited by rachel1496; Sun, Mar 29th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

no i agree, they're good, but not so good that i'd pay full price for them LMAO
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yeah, it was hard to write anything about it. It wasn't really bad or really good it was just meh.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I like the long grain rice varieties. I was also disappointed with the size of the chicken in them, the advertisement on tv has them looking much bigger! I like these though, if just want something small, they are super easy to make, just stick them in the microwave 9 seconds, and done. I buy them at walmart from time to time.

Thread Information