User Tag List

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I just returned from lunch at the Shark Club and thought I would do a quick review for my SC friends.

Atmosphere
    The Shark Club is a bar/lounge so it is adult only and it is loud. For lunch it always seems to be very crowded, but you can usually find a place to sit.

There is a big reason my husband and his friends like to go there, and without being sexist, it is the wait staff and the (cough, cough) uniforms. There is definately eye candy there - if that is your thing. (I usually spend most of lunch laughing at them and telling them to stop staring).

There are TVs with sports on throughout the place and music in the background. It is set up like your typical bar/lounge.

It is a bit crowded, meaning the placement and number of tables seems a bit tight, but at least you can find a place to sit.

Service
    This is where the restaurant goes down hill. We were there for 10 minutes before our drink order was taken, and another 10 before we received our drinks. We arrived at 12:00 on the nose and our lunch was not before us until 12:40. While most places offer quick lunches, this one is definately not quick. The service is overall is porr and disorganized. I cannot tell you who our waitress actually was as there were no less than 4 different girls who assisted us. And, even with 4 waitresses, it was still slow and sloppy.

Food
    The restaurant serves your basic lounge food choices: burgers, salad, chicken strips, etc. At our table we ordered Shark Burger (a tuna burger); chicken fingers and 2 mushroom cheese burgers.

The Shark Burger - HEADS UP!! This is a tuna burger served BLUE RARE - meaning it barely touches the grill and arrives cold and uncooked. I cannot comment as to what the description in the menu is, but the gentleman with us who ordered this was not impressed. He got it changed to a regular burger. For some reason they would not just cook the tuna burger more for him, whichwas somewhat of a bewilderment, but there must be a reason.

Chicken Fingers - meh, your typical chicken fingers, although they were a little overcooked.

Mushroom Cheese Burgers - Pretty good, this is what I had and I enjoyed it. The bun was not toasted so it got a little soggy, but overall it was a decent burger. However, I ordered it with fries and received onion rings instead. Not wanting to wait an unknown amount of time for them to fix it, I stuck with the onion rings. They were not that good. Very greasy, tasteless onion rings - the ones that you cook at home that are quite pasty and kind of blech.

Price/Portions
    I forgot to add this yesterday, but here is some information on prices and portions.

The prices at the Shark Club are pretty average for a lounge type place. My burger was $10.99. So, it is not fast food prices, but it is not super expensive either. Here is a link to their menu for other comparisions: http://www.sharkclubs.com/FileRespon.../Saskatoon.pdf

As for portions, for lunch they were OK. I found it to be enough, but the boys I was with polished their plates and probably could have had more. They were also really stingy on their dipping sauces and gravy. Both came in a very small side dish and was not nearly enough for the amount of food that was on the plate. Of course waiting for more dipping sauce took forever, so you were forced to finish your meal without sauce.

Overall

Atmosphere - 8 / 10 - wish it was not quite so crowded
    Service - 3 / 10 - really poor in my opinion
    Food - 7 / 10 - kind of boring, some overcooked, some undercooked, nothing really WOW!!
    Accuracy - 7 / 10 - I hate getting the wrong thing
    Speed - 0 / 10 - avoid this place if you are in a hurry, especially at lunch

Overall 5 / 10
    This thread is currently associated with: ATMOSPHERE Sports
    Last edited by mom2faith; Fri, Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

omg. sounds like you were being generous with the 5/10. and i know wot you mean about the eyecandy. we have a restaurant like that here (family one too) that all the girls uniforms are 2 sizes too small. *ahem* but ours has the best food, huge portions at a reasonable price. and it's always worth the wait, the place is busy but never wait to get a seat. i luv our place. wish they had male eye candy tho..

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In Toronto, there's a small restaurant chain called Moxies ... the uniforms on the sweet young things are, um, pre-shrunk.

(ahem) Or so I've heard ...

Thread Information