User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Happy shopper
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i was not listening too well to the show, but I think SC was mentioned within the last 2 wks. on CTV "Canada AM" show when they were briefly talking about coupons. Anways, now that I know there is a post, I will be out all ears!!

Glad to be a member!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Bumping this because I know there have been more, but I need help finding them.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

These are pretty interesting articles. Way to go Boo and SC!
    It's too bad some of them aren't available online anymore.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I found one that I didn't see posted here.

Click for coupon savings
    ctvbc.ca
    Date: Tuesday Jul. 14, 2009 9:43 PM ET

The internet is making coupon clipping easier and with an uncertain economy, coupon use is bound to pick up. These days it's not really so much about clipping coupons - as it is about clicking on them.

Debbie Watson started clipping coupons four years ago - she says at first it was out of necessity - but now she does it because it just makes sense. She says even though you can save a lot of money - there's a reason people don't do it.

"Pride," Watson said. "People have to get past embarrassment. Now people want me to tell them how to do it."

Once she got $50 worth of groceries for just one penny. Now she is one of the top contributors on smartcanucks.ca - a website dedicated to Canadian coupon clippers. Almost 50,000 members are dedicated to helping each other save.

Watson says she keeps track of every dollar she saves and last year she says she saved enough to buy a new refrigerator, flat screen TV and couch.

The Smart Canucks website is free and there are other sites as well, like Red Deals, Flyer Land and one of our viewers told us about Retail Me Not. It has coupons for big retailers like Toys r Us, Sears, Future Shop and many more. Our viewer used a promotional code she found on the site to save 10 per cent off a Westjet flight she booked for the fall.
    With a report from CTV British Columbia's Chris Olsen

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...90714/20090714
    Last edited by Ashling; Sat, Feb 20th, 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added link

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Bump!

If you know any new places where SC was mentioned please let me know

ƃuılıǝɔ ǝɥʇ uo ƃuıɔuɐp Rockin' Kitty's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've rec'd over $1500 so far of Amazon.ca gift cards. All for free!
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/FarrahnsMom

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:10 PM
    Gearing the kids up for summer
    Chaya Cooperberg

I spent the weekend reorganizing my kids’ closets and drawers, replacing all of the winter wear with t-shirts, shorts, capris and sundresses. It was the culmination of a month-long pursuit of the best deals on summer gear for my girls, aged six and four. I'm loath to invest too much in clothes and shoes that are going to get treated pretty roughly over the next few months. If past experience is any indication, by summer’s end, their new threads will be torn from outdoor play and covered in grass and popsicle stains. That’s if the clothes don’t get lost at camp first.
    But kids can still look good on a tight summer gear budget. Here’s where I went for the basics:
    Colourful summer hats and swimsuits: A sunhat is really a must for every age group, but young children especially need to keep their heads covered outdoors. I find that summer hats are like mittens in that they often go missing. I like to stock up on sunhats early on in the season, because they can be difficult to find in stores in July and August. My favourite line of kids’ hats is from Joe Fresh Style. Every year, I’m impressed with the range of styles and low price points that are available from Joe Fresh, sold at Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstores throughout the country. Colourful hats can be bought for as little as $3. Kids’ swimsuits are also very reasonably priced and I can attest they hold up well through a year’s worth of swimming lessons. If you go, you can use this coupon to save $10 when you spend a minimum of $50.

Tell us: How do you save money?
    Cheap and cheerful clothes: Earlier this month, I happened to drop by Old Navy during a sale that reduced the price of every item in the store by 30 per cent. I stocked up on solid-coloured t-shirts for my girls at two for $12, plus the discount. While that particular promotion is done, I find that the store frequently has sales and well-stocked inventory for toddlers to teens. You can also check out Old Navy’s Facebook page for coupons. And if you sign up on Old Navy's homepage for their newsletter, they will e-mail you their latest promotions. For summer dresses, it’s hard to beat high-fashion knockoff retailer H&M. I found breezy cotton jumpers for as low as $6 on sale, with regular prices in the $12 to $15 range. The shorts and shirts for boys are also cheap and cheerful. Before I even go shopping, though, I like to visit coupon websites such as Smartcanucks.ca to make sure I’m heading in the right direction and not missing any deals.
    Sporting equipment: Summer is a time for outdoor activities and you may have your kids enrolled in sports programs or busy with sports at camp. While it’s best to buy some sporting gear new, other items – such as batting helmets and soccer shoes – can be had gently used at a steep discount. I like Play It Again Sports, with locations across Canada, for its broad selection of used sports equipment that you can buy and trade in every season.
    Latest Comments

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I already told you, but posting here for posterity....there was an SC mention in a Today's Parent article - the mini issue of Spring/Summer 2010.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I already told you, but posting here for posterity....there was an SC mention in a Today's Parent article - the mini issue of Spring/Summer 2010.
    Any chance you can scan a copy of the article please?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Any chance you can scan a copy of the article please?
    actually n/m!

thanks though for reminding me!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Alright, I've still got the issue if you need it.

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

MoneySense - May 2010, p.9 "Have we got a deal for you". This is actually what brought me here! The article also mentioned 4 other competitors, but this one far outshines the others IMHO.

On their website, for some reason, it has a different title "Five online deals for you" found here:
    http://www.moneysense.ca/2010/05/11/...-deal-for-you/

WTG smartcanucks!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

An article on Shoppers Drug Mart's Optimum changes
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/shoppers-optimum-program-to-offer-less-for-more/article1604101/

Rewards members are venting their frustration. One blogger on SmartCanucks.ca complained that it will cost more to get less under the new regime. Another called it a disappointment that Shoppers has to find other ways to generate profit now that Ontario is outlawing generic rebates.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Tue, Jun 15th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Article about frugal living with Gail Vaz-Oxlade. Smartcanucks is listed at the bottom of the article as a place to go for coupons and info.

http://www.todaysparent.com/lifeaspa...8_12272&page=5
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information