User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I had a similar response from a manager from LD when I called asking why I was charged a recycle fee on my Cascades Paper Towels that I used a FPC for. I ended up sending her 3 emails in a 4 week period and it wasn't until I threatened to contact HO and show them each and every email I sent that she "found" my original emails!

If you can't get through to her you could always call the 800 # and ask to be put through to her at the store level. That's what I did.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

what i dont understand is why YOU have to CALL HER to receive an apology. it does not make logical sense what-so-ever. if they acknowledge it was the cashier's fault shouldn't they ask her contact you to apologize?

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

I'm not too sure I want to leave her my phone number...
    and she never asked for my contact info in the email she wrote to me.

she simply said "Our goal at London Drugs is to provide every customer a superior shopping experience and the behavior you received was unacceptable and a very negative shopping experience."

DUH.

I will call her tomorrow and see what she says. I will tell her that I felt embarassed and offended by what the cashier said.

Actually for the past couple days, I remembered a couple of other bad experiences at the same LD. One was during the Christmas holidays. I was 9 months pregnant and shopping around. They had put a toy dinosaur (the one that costs $300) in the front of the store and kids were surrounding it and playing with it. It moves and roars and stuff. Then the kids left as their parents called to them and I was still standing there. Then a lady behind the CS desk SHOUTS to me "Hey. Turn that thing off, You're wasting batteries". Then she turned to her collegue standing beside her and continued to chat. I don't know why but I obeyed and turned off the freaking dinosaur.

Looking back, I feel really stupid that I listened to her "orders". Who in the world orders a customer to do stuff, while they were chatting behind a desk? THEY are the CS reps..not me, Also, it wasn't me who turned the dinosaur on. The staff had left batteries in the dino to attact kids, who in turn will influence their parents to buy it. But now she wants a customer (who didn;t even touch the dino) to turn off the dino because it's wasting batteries?

I don't know if I should mention this occurence to the manager tomorrow as it happened a couple months back...but looking back, I was too timid or didn't bother to deal with it, being 9 months pregnant.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

omg!! but isnt that what the dino is there for??and plus, who's batteries are they wasting? its not like its coming out of their pockets!

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

I know...they put the Dino there WITH batteries to attract kids to play with it..and possibly buy it. But back then, when the kids left, they wanted the Dino to be powered off because no one was playing with it. Instead of walking from behind the counter to turn it off, they tell ME to turn it off so they can continue chatting? And no way I couldve have been mistaken as a staff. I don't wear their their blue vests and I was about to give birth...

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

but it still doesn't make sense!! they don't expect to turn it off after all kids are gone! how would they know when the next kid will come by? i think turning it off at the end of each day would have been more reasonable! and yes, them turning it off and not you!

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

I finally got thru to the manager today and she asked me the name of the cashier. I wasn't 100% sure of the name but once I said the name, she said she figured it out who it was on the CS till by looking at the schedule. Then she asked for my phone number to give me a followup once she has spoken to that person. Unfortunately that person will not be at work until Friday and I'll be going into surgery tomorrow. So the manager said she will give me an email once she has spoken to the person and I told her I will call her in a week or 2 to see what resolution has come up.

I don't think I'm the only person who has complained about this cashier. The manager even told me she was VERY sorry since she was a coupon-clipper herself and that LD prides itself on allowing customers use multiple coupons. She even said LD gets all the money back so she has no idea why that person was so negative about customers using any coupons.

I won't be heading back to that LD for a while but she actually wanted to invite me to apologize to me in person. Maybe I'll go back after I've recovered..

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good. Im glad you got through finally. I hope you get something for your troubles. I ended up with a $20 GC for the hassle I went through. You should get AT LEAST that!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

i'm glad you were able to talk to her! yes you definitely deserve a gift card of some sort!!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

Really don't think she'll give me anything for my complaint. She just said she'll talk to the cashier and give me a response later. Oh well..also I discovered that the manager was actually the first cashier I had encountered for my first stacking trip. She's a coupon-stacker herself!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

i was going to say - i remember you saying the first time you went to stack at ld..the cs lady was a coupon stacker herself and welcomed u back!! at least you know shes a manager and can resolve problems!! hope everything goes well for you! (LD and surgery)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Now you are mentioning the LD on No. 3 Rd in Richmond. I had good and bad experiences at that location. One of the recent bad ones was trying to price match ONE cottonelle tp with Walmart flyer with a receipt from the same day which $1x2 coupons applied. LD had them on sale for 4.99 while WM had them on sale for 3.97. I bought couple of the conttonelle tp before work with my coupons and then didn't have the flyer with me so I figured I just went back there for the $1 difference on each. The LD was within a walkable distance from my workplace so I didn't mind. So after work I went to the CS for the $1 PM difference. She gave me a bunch of bullsh*t trying to convience me that she couldn't do that because the after coupon price was 2.99 (which I paid) was LOWER than WM sale price. So they won't PM the ONE tp I bought. I tried to tell her the coupons could be used on top of the sale price just as if I bought it at WM for 3.97. So all she needed to do was PM 4.99 down to 3.97 and nothing to do with the coupons I used. So after 5 min, she was not convinced and she decided to call the manager. The manager came and she told him the same thing she said to me how this was not possible to refund me the $1. The manager kinda took her words for it but then he said he would need to call WM to check stock first before deicding to PM or not and it would be take a looooooong time on the phone. So I stood there for another 15 min or so and he was still not back. (I doubt he actually went to call WM.) Then another lady came to join the party also got convienced by the original CS about the purchase price was already lower than WM sale price blah blah blah. Somehow the original CS lady took out a calculator trying to show the another lady CS how "stupid" I was trying to rip off the $1 whole dollar from them -_- After she punched to 3.97-1off coupon-1off coupon and I would be paying 1.97 instead of 2.99. She made an excuse of how long I had been standing there and gave me a $1 PM at the same time giving me attitude. I told her that, "if I would have to go thru all these trouble and time to get my $1 back, do tell me the first thing before you called the manager. My time is worth more than the $1!" Even after the refund, the manager was still not back.

I was going to PM all the tp I had bought that morning and I only pulled out one of the receipt to test it out first since I hadn't been successful doing PM and then coupons at the Victoria & 41st LD. Luckily I got the rest done so easily at another LD.

Thanks for reading!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

omg.

Victoria & 41st LD sucks! Their staff are so mean (with the exception of like 2 cashiers and one of the managers.) I hate going there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qqchomby View Post
    Now you are mentioning the LD on No. 3 Rd in Richmond. I had good and bad experiences at that location. One of the recent bad ones was trying to price match ONE cottonelle tp with Walmart flyer with a receipt from the same day which $1x2 coupons applied. LD had them on sale for 4.99 while WM had them on sale for 3.97. I bought couple of the conttonelle tp before work with my coupons and then didn't have the flyer with me so I figured I just went back there for the $1 difference on each. The LD was within a walkable distance from my workplace so I didn't mind. So after work I went to the CS for the $1 PM difference. She gave me a bunch of bullsh*t trying to convience me that she couldn't do that because the after coupon price was 2.99 (which I paid) was LOWER than WM sale price. So they won't PM the ONE tp I bought. I tried to tell her the coupons could be used on top of the sale price just as if I bought it at WM for 3.97. So all she needed to do was PM 4.99 down to 3.97 and nothing to do with the coupons I used. So after 5 min, she was not convinced and she decided to call the manager. The manager came and she told him the same thing she said to me how this was not possible to refund me the $1. The manager kinda took her words for it but then he said he would need to call WM to check stock first before deicding to PM or not and it would be take a looooooong time on the phone. So I stood there for another 15 min or so and he was still not back. (I doubt he actually went to call WM.) Then another lady came to join the party also got convienced by the original CS about the purchase price was already lower than WM sale price blah blah blah. Somehow the original CS lady took out a calculator trying to show the another lady CS how "stupid" I was trying to rip off the $1 whole dollar from them -_- After she punched to 3.97-1off coupon-1off coupon and I would be paying 1.97 instead of 2.99. She made an excuse of how long I had been standing there and gave me a $1 PM at the same time giving me attitude. I told her that, "if I would have to go thru all these trouble and time to get my $1 back, do tell me the first thing before you called the manager. My time is worth more than the $1!" Even after the refund, the manager was still not back.

I was going to PM all the tp I had bought that morning and I only pulled out one of the receipt to test it out first since I hadn't been successful doing PM and then coupons at the Victoria & 41st LD. Luckily I got the rest done so easily at another LD.

Thanks for reading!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information