User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

Went to stack coupons at LD today again. Didn't plan a big trip but still ran into lots of customer service problems!

Anyways..I got

2 x Swiffer duster starter kit + refill = $4.99 x 2 = $9.98 - $9.50 coupons
    2 x Tide Total Care = $8.99 x 2 = $17.98 - $11 in coupons = $6.98
    Oral-B toothbrush = $3.99 - $3.00 coupons = $0.99

The whole point of this thread is NOT about the savings...but about what the cashier actually said to me..

At first she didn't want to let me use multiple coupons..then she finally relucantly gave in. As she was scanning my items, she said " Are you planning to return these items? You know, if you return they won't know which coupons you used...so you'll probably make money off these coupons. Are you trying to make money off us?"

I was sooo embarassed and insulted! I told her I was not planning to return the items I bought today! She then goes on "Are you sure you're not going to return these things to make money? You must clip coupons for a living" I should make these a final sale so you can't return them"

I kept quiet and didn't want to argue with her. As I was leaving the counter, she tells the customers behind me "sorry for the wait..you know how "these' customers are...holding up the line."

I rushed home and sent an email to LD.

She made me feel like I was stealing or trying to rip off LD by using coupons..and the worst part, she said it out loud to the other customers in the store. I also emailed LD to ask them when did they change the return policy that if someone used coupons, they would not be allowed for a refund. And that a cashier could make any item a "Final Sale" just so we can't return items. And this was a mini-stacking trip! I've done larger stacks with no problems.

Oh, and for the Tide ones, I had several different coupons. Of course they all said "Tide Laundry Detergent" on it...she actually wanted to refuse these by saying "These have the same wording!"...I was like.."Um..of course they do. It's for the same product." Then I pointed out the different expiration dates, different UPCs, even different paper sources (one on newsprint, one on glossy paper).

I am waiting for their response now...
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'd never shop there again! I would of also refused to leave until I talked to the head manager of that store.
    She had no right to treat you llike that whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im mad and it didn't even happen to me!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What an outrage!!! Talk about an indiscretion. Tactless, rude, low class how dare she even speak outloud in front of other customers like that. If she were my employee she would be getting her walking papers right now.

Like Sally I'm furious and it didn't even happen to me. What the H$LL is it about women who get a little power and then proceed to crap on others???

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

That makes me mad too...I would have gone right to the store manager and demanded that cashier appologize as well as tell him you will be contacting their head office...she is discriminating against you, such as some people do with race, etc...who cares if you DO clip coupons for a living..my mother in law always tells me I should make a business out of coupon clipping because I save so much money I can help seniors do it too ..lol.
    Last week I had a problem with a store not wanting to pricematch (Walmart customer service lady told me I could not use a coupon for Eggos as well as a pricematch because the pricematch was for Safeway, and Safeway's flyers say "CLUB PRICE") she told me rudely I could not get double savings...I told her their policy is to pricematch, and the flyers for other grocers are in the main entrance to Walmart so you can grab a flyer and pricematch at the til...she was so rude, even made a call to a dept manager and he said no pricematching on safeway ClubPrices.
    So I said the whole flyer is CLUB PRICE..so therefore you should remove your flyers and state you can't pricematch them..she said "No, we don't have to do that" and turned around and walked away from me...I was so darned mad I went to another employee and demanded to speak to the STORE MANAGER.. Immediately he appologized, told me "yes we do pricematch safeway club prices, and you can also use coupons on top of that" and when I told him the trouble she gave me, he said he would go take care of it immediately.He announced for the customer service dept to attend his office immediately for a moment, and then I left...When I was in line, he came and found me and told me there wouldn't be a problem again and thanks for shopping there...So don't let this be, make sure you make her pay for humiliating you!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I hope they do something about your complaint, that is so rude!

I had a new cashier (still training) at No Frills the other day who rolled her eyes and said coupons like I was asking her to stick her hand in a jar of leeches or something. I didn't have to say anything though because the girl on the next cash heard it and came right over. By the time she seen how much I saved she was asking where I got coupons (so if you are reading this cashier girl - hi!).

I dont get why they have such a problem - even if you return it, they still get paid
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Perfectly Provident makeupartist's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hmph! What an outrage! I had a very similar experience at LD yesterday. I wonder if it was the same customer service rep, shoot me back a PM when you get a chance!
    Life's Little Instructions: Think big thoughts but cherish simple pleasures, never refuse homemade brownies, remember other people's birthdays, floss your teeth, return all things you borrow and leave everything a little better than you found it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the cheek, i cant believe she said that to you

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I cannot believe how rude some cashiers can be towards customers who are just trying to save a little money. The way our economy is we all try to cut back where we can and then for a cashier to accuse you of trying to profit off the company is an outrage. I am normally not the type of person who would complain while there (I would usually write an email) but I think in a case like that I wouldn't have let without making sure the manager knew how his/her cashier(s) were treating customers. Luckily I've never had a major problem like that and I feel so bad that you had such an experience like that

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

The part i dont understand is dont more cashiers make min. wage or close to it? Where are they getting so much money that they dont need to use coupons, to the point where they look down on people who do?

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

how rude!!! that was definitely uncalled for and she obviously isn't very good at customer service! let us know when you get a reply back from LD!

i have had trouble stacking just 2 coupons for one product because she said my coupons looked different but were the same. WHAT? she just SAID they were different! she's like oh it's from the same company - well duh, do you think another company is going to start giving out coupons for their competitor's products? yeesh. she prob just had coupon envy and didn't want me to save any money. geez.
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

I actually had a similar problem today at walmart.....She kissed her teeth when I handed her coupons, telling me I should have given them to her as she was ringing them through...I usually do but she never gave me a chance...she actually told the customers behind me to go to another till because "this lady has all these coupons to use"! Then she wouldn't take my formula coupons, trying to tell me they are not valid. I was soo embarressed, all the standing around employees came over just to see what was going on......I'm so tired of walmarts poor Customer service and its not even just during checkout...

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

i always try to shop at store that have just opened up or are new becuase they have proper training. that really sucks. she was a bum bum

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

Thanks everyone...yeah, I pretty much wrote an essay to London Drugs concerning their so-called "customer service". I also hope they find out about this thread so they know that a lot of their customers are being ridiculed and mistreated by their staff.

And you know what...I think she WAS the manager or at least a supervisor. I have no problems if you don't want to let me stack, just say no. I'll go to another LD or find another staff. There's no reason to make comments about a customer and to do so in front of other customers. Nor is it correct to make assumptions that I am doing this to cheat their company.

I really don't understand why some cashiers are soooo negative about people using ANY coupons. We're not taking money out of their pockets, so why the hatred? Or is it jealousy?

I don't think I'll be heading back to LD for a long time...at least not until I get a response from LD. And when I do, I'll surely post what they have to say about their "customer service".

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have no patience to tolerate rudness like that.
    I immediately look them straight in the face, with a very serious look and tell them to call their manager, if not, then I will go looking for him/her myself.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

If you dont mind me asking which location was this at? So i can avoid this store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information