User Tag List

not quite a "Loonie"
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Expired
    I wish I would have known about this a while ago, but for those of you who can still take advantage of it, go for it! You must be under the age of 24, and fit the rest of the qualifications--luckily my son qualifies! I year of car insurance for him is $1800.00! (not a bad savings)

check it out!!

http://www.cooperators.ca/en/individ.../3_2_1_10.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Its not really free though is is? By what i read is its a safe driving program? Also cooperators isn't exactly the cheapest company to deal with either.

Safe Driving Reward

New drivers

At The Co‑operators, our Safe Driving Reward Program - A Partnership with New Drivers ™ - can save you money on your future insurance premiums. If you're new to driving, you're probably used to being lumped into the 'high risk' drivers category. But if you're a safe driver, we believe you should be rewarded.

How does it work?

Once you enroll in the program it takes three years to qualify to get the fourth year of insurance free (on mandatory1 coverage and Family Protection Endorsement).
    The reward in the fourth year is based on having the mandatory1 coverage and Family Protection Endorsement in place from the time the program is implemented. (The reward cannot be converted into cash.)
    After successfully completing the program you may enroll again provided you meet all the eligibility criteria.
    How do you become eligible?
    Drivers between the ages of 16 and 22 can enter the program.2
    Drivers must be the principal operator of a vehicle. This means you are the person who uses the vehicle the most; occasional drivers are not eligible.
    Vehicles must be private passenger cars and trucks. Program does not include motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc.
    Drivers must have completed an approved driver training program or show proof of a minimum of three years of driving experience.
    Drivers must not have any at-fault accidents within the past three years.
    Drivers may have one minor conviction on entry, but not within the past year. No convictions of any other type are permitted in the past three years.
    1Mandatory coverage varies by province.
    2Drivers and vehicles must meet underwriting criteria to be eligible for program.

What are the conditions?

During your partnership with The Co‑operators:

You and any other drivers of the vehicle must remain free of convictions, suspensions, and at-fault accidents.
    You must remain the principal operator.
    You must be insured with The Co-operators.
    Your vehicle must continue to be rated private passenger.
    Each year of the program a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be obtained and a representative of The Co-operators will review it with you. This will ensure all criteria are met for our safe driving partnership to continue.
    NOTE: The Co‑operators reserves the right to cancel this program at any time without notice. Actual details of the program may vary by province.

If you are interested in finding out more about this program or how you can qualify, please call your Co-operators agent. We look forward to your participation in our Safe Driving Reward Program.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

it looks like it's for new drivers only between the ages of 16 and 22, and they have to be the principal operator on the vehicle.
    you pay for the first three years, and if you don't have any accidents or tickets, you get the fourth year free. If during those three years you don't meet the criteria, it looks like you lose the 'free' year. but during the first three years, your rates would already be jacked up especially if you're male, which could indirectly negate the savings on the 'free' year.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Mon, Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:12 PM.

Insurance Broker
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

shop around first you may be able to find a better rate to begin with......

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hooray for Saskatchewan and our government monopoly on car insurance!

sniperc151
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One thing I must say about the cooperaters is that although they may be more expensive I have found their claims department really easy to deal with. I have not made a claim on my car, but I have on my house. I was relieved that I didn't have to "fight" for my rights. I have also heard other cooperaters customers say the same thing.

not quite a "Loonie"
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I've shopped around tons! Its the cheapest insurance for me-by far! and yes 888 it is "free" my son is insurance free for a year! He's saving $1800. He is fully insured on his own vehicle and not paying a dime for the next 12 months! Sounds FREE to me!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

wish i new about this 2 months ago!

not quite a "Loonie"
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

you can't have any accidents or tickets within the 3 years you're insured.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hooray for Saskatchewan and our government monopoly on car insurance!

No kidding - $1800.00!

Thread Information