User Tag List

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

I have Hbc rewards, aeroplan, sdm and airmiles......what other points programs are out there that can be swapped with one another? Thanx
    This thread is currently associated with: Aeroplan, Air Miles, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I didnt know you could swap HBC points. That would be cool.

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

you can swap them into airmiles...but I heard you can lose value that way

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

yes you definately loose value. Sign up at points.com and it will show you some of the other programs out there....

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

500 esso points can be traded for 25,000 hbc points

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'd had an HBC Rewards card for years and never did make enough to even get a $10 gift card. So now they get turned into Air Miles every month.

Since I don't shop at Zellers/the Bay that much, it is much more worthwhile for me to turn my HBC points into Air Miles.

Z

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Does anyone know the value of Aero Plan miles? They seem to have bonus points everywhere......

I have 2x pins for 25 bonus miles and don't know whether to give them to my sister or try to trade for some coupons she is looking for.
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You can also "redeem" Petro Points to Asia Miles or Sears Club Rewards.

I swap HBC points to Air Miles. They offer an automatic service in which it does the transfer periodically. Maybe it loses value, but I can never pick anything I like from the HBC rewards catalog! With Air Miles, there is always the practical A&P certificates.

Do you guys have a rule of thumb as to how much these award program points are worth? In general, I think 1 Air Mile is about 15 cents worth. And every 100 Shoppers Optimum points are worth 20-25 cents. It would be great to atart a thread on the cash value of points!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redmouse View Post
    Does anyone know the value of Aero Plan miles? They seem to have bonus points everywhere......

I have 2x pins for 25 bonus miles and don't know whether to give them to my sister or try to trade for some coupons she is looking for.
    I posted this in an older thread.....

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- NuHit--> <!-- / NuHit--> <!-- message --> It really depends on what you want to redeem them for. A $50 GC at shops like FS, Esso, or HBC costs 6,500 miles..... this yields a value of $0.0077 per AP mile, or $0.20 per 25 mile Quaker/Tropicana PIN. If you redeem for domestic economy tickets on Air Canada, the value could be $0.015-0.02 per mile. The best value comes from redeeming for International First/Business class air tickets..... you need a minimum of 80000 miles, but the value could range from $0.05-0.10 per mile.

Thread Information