User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: best diapers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

what are the best diapers out there, for the price and quality?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

i only use pampers....first swaddlers and now love the cruisers. more pricey but i think its worth the quality.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Honestly, I prefer Teddy's Choice.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My advice would be to go with what feels/looks good on baby. Huggies is perfect for my baby, with her big thighs, she just leaked when she used pampers. Try out the different brands.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

For name brand I prefer Pampers cruisers but for store brand it's Teddy's Choice or Life. I'd avoid the Food Basics brand ones though, they're AWFUL.

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy BK View Post
    i only use pampers....first swaddlers and now love the cruisers. more pricey but i think its worth the quality.
    Same with me! The lining of each of these has little air pockets so it breathes really well and helps prevent diaper rash, it also helps keep wetness away from baby's skin
    I tried Huggies first but for my baby they leaked A LOT!!! If you want to test diapers to see what fits your baby best I suggest buying the small packs instead of the club sized boxes, so if you don't like them you're not stuck with 100 crappy diapers!
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

It all depends on your baby's shape! Huggies never worked for my son, they always leaked out, and when he got older, Pullups (also made by Huggies) didn't work either. Pampers was the way to go for us, both for diapers and for pullups (Pampers brand is called EasyUps).

The Superstore brand also worked fine, but generally I could get the Pampers cheaper with a sale and coupon, so I stocked up when that happened, rarely bought the Superstore brand.

Z

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It all depends on baby and what works best for them. We started with Pampers when my son was a newborn because thats what the hospital used, they are very soft but didn't work best with my son.

We now use the Real Canadian Superstore's brand Teddy's.
    There are 2 choices you can make. For 13.99 you get a bit more in a bag (depending on size) or you can go with the 11.99 ones but get a bit less. They also have the bulk box. I think they are around 25.99 and you get 100+ diapers (depending on size again-the bigger the less diapers you get)
    I have used Teddy's for a few months (my son is only 3.5 month) and he has NEVER had a diaper rash. Could be that I dont put any creams on his bottom though, but Im sure the diaper plays a part.

Good luck!

Jess
    Last edited by starlee77; Wed, Apr 15th, 2009 at 08:12 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have tried the cheaper store brand ones and found I was changing them more often as it filled up quicker so in the end the name brand I found better. For my elder one I could only use Pampers, the little guy I also use Pampers but at night he leaks with Pampers so I had to move him to Huggies for the night time.
    So for the older guy he is potty trained but in diapers at night (I find nighttime brand diapers stink for kids who sleep on their side or stomach as they leak) he has size 7 Cruisers. I have contacted Huggies to make a larger size, but I don't think it is even in the works.
    The little guy whatever is on sale or I have coupons for, but must have Huggies at night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amycrows View Post
    So for the older guy he is potty trained but in diapers at night (I find nighttime brand diapers stink for kids who sleep on their side or stomach as they leak) he has size 7 Cruisers. I have contacted Huggies to make a larger size, but I don't think it is even in the works.
    The little guy whatever is on sale or I have coupons for, but must have Huggies at night.
    amycrows, have you tried Superstore's overnight diapers called Sleepovers? My son leaked overnight all the time until I found these. They're kind of like a pullup, but thick, and the smallest size accommodates my 46 pound 3 year old. He has only had a wet bed maybe ONCE since I got these!

Give them a try!

Starlee, my son was a Pampers guy and never had a rash either. I think some kid's bums are just lucky that way! :D

Z
    Last edited by Zonny; Wed, Apr 15th, 2009 at 12:11 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I hate huggies lol same problems above they always leak.

I've always used Pampers cruisers or Baby Dry I find they both work just as well.
    In a crunch i'll use Teddys Choice as well and they are pretty good too

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Unfortunately everyone's different and I think you kind of need to experiment. I love Huggies and usually buy them as I get them pretty cheap from Costco. If I have to buy no name brand, it's Teddy's Choice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

for no name i prefer sobeys store brand, i dont like teddys choice. but i prefer name brand, huggies or pampers whichever i find a better deal on.. and when there is no deal to be had, i buy kirkland signature (i think they are better than store brand but not as good as pampers or huggies). for wipes i like pampers.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I agree with the experimenting with different brands. My son had constant diaper rashes except in the Huggies Supreme. My daughter leaked through the Huggies constantly until I changed to pampers. I had gotten some Teddy's choice diapers from my local resource center at one point and found them to be just as good. But pampers and huggies go on sale all the time at Shoppers and you can use coupons. You'd have to do a price/diaper comparison.

Do you know a few mommies that have kids around the same age? You could each buy a package of different diapers and divide it up amongst all of you. That way you could try multiple kinds and only invest the cost of 1 package!

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

pampers has got to be the best diaper for DD, although for no name, the Save on foods brand does a pretty good job, but they are really stiff
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information