User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My First SCOP!!

Valley Girl
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am so excited about my first SCOP that I thought I would tell you all about it. I was at SDM today because my friend told me the Gillette Fusion Razors were marked down to $10 but some were scanning at $5 (the ones that don't have a battery). So I went on my lunch and grabbed one and also picked up some Clean & Clear Shine Control Sheets that were marked down to $3.29. Well they rang in at $4.99 and I didn't notice until I was leaving. So I went back and told the cashier. I had originally paid $3.29 because I had a $5 coupon for the razor and a $3 Clean & Clear. So she refunded me the whole $5.29 and gave back my coupon too. So I actually made $2 on this transaction!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Very Nice,

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

nice- it is rare to get the coupon back

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Great Job!!! So fun to save!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I had my second scop in three months happen at my SDM last weekend during the redemption. The koolaid jammers rang in at 3.99 and the price on the shelf had been 1.99. I didn't notice until the next day so went back in. I asked the girl if they practiced the scop. She replied,"We do if you ask for it" I noticed the sign right behind her on the wall. Gave them both to me for free.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mellyskater View Post
    nice- it is rare to get the coupon back
    Yeah, that's the first time I heard of anyone getting the coupon back! Normally they go into the "coupon slot" and never come back out
    Join Swagbucks - Earn free stuff by searching!
    Join Zoombucks - Search and Win site like Swagbucks
    My Tradelist

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

yeah! it's nice of them to give u coupon back!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they only have scop at sdm or other stores too?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

That's a greal deal!!! Good job!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by urouj862 View Post
    they only have scop at sdm or other stores too?
    I'm in Ontario and used SCOP at WM and also SDM. I recall seeing the signs at Food Basics and No Frills in years past and have to admit for some reason the signs are now nowhere to be seen...I would think they still honor SCOP but you definitely have to point the scanning error and I make sure to use the term 'SCOP' or words "scanning code of practice" so the cashier knows that I know about SCOP and reimburses me accordingly.

Valley Girl
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well she had put a line through it and I asked her what we were going to do about it now and she asked another girl and then initialled it and said not used. So hopefully I won't have any trouble with it. If I do I will just use it there. It was one right from the company so hopefully it won't be an issue.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    I had my second scop in three months happen at my SDM last weekend during the redemption. The koolaid jammers rang in at 3.99 and the price on the shelf had been 1.99. I didn't notice until the next day so went back in. I asked the girl if they practiced the scop. She replied,"We do if you ask for it" I noticed the sign right behind her on the wall. Gave them both to me for free.
    SDM - You have to ask that is for sure but they are good about doing it.

Superstore is famous for things not scanning properly. They often have items stocked in the store in several places and they always forget to remove tags when sales are done. I have probably got about $100 in goods from them for free in the past year because of this.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

WOW!! they gave u ur coupon back! YAY!! some don't!!! cause they always say its locked up (since they put it through a slot) so some don't give it back!! good for u!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at WM today returning an item and there was a gentleman ahead of me who had gotten overcharged for an item. When he got to the refund lady she was already in a terrible mood (so much for customer service with a smile) He approached her about the price, she said well if that's the price that rung in , then that's the price. He said there was a sign, went an got it and presented it to her to show her. She repeated it again "the price it rang in ... " . I swear she must have felt my glare, because I was about to jump in. Then she said she would go talk to her boss, who of course told her to refund him the difference. He mumbled something to her, she yelled out "thanks for being rude", he said "you were rude first" and was on his way. I was like where the hell am I!!!

Anyways long story short, I was going to mention the SCOP to him while she was in the office, but I've never asked or done it myself and didn't want to get him or myself in too deep into a situation I know little about.

So my question is ... how do you approach that situation? How do you go about saying it to the cashier. What do you do if the cashier has no idea what your talking about etc.

By the way I didn't have to deal with that lady, she went on her break. Rather I got stuck with the employee that never works the refund counter and it took 15min or so to get through my transaction. But she was very nice, and I was very patient.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal444k View Post

So my question is ... how do you approach that situation? How do you go about saying it to the cashier. What do you do if the cashier has no idea what your talking about etc.
    http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-code...rice-accuracy/

Check out that link. It will tell you what to expect when it does happen. But for me I tell them that should be free and they put it through. But most stores you have to tell them that because it is under 10 bucks it is free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information